Tight Ends

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Its a pretty good looking tight end crop this year .... Who are your favs?

At #37
Howard
Njoku
Engram

at #69
Shaheen
Hodges
Everett

at #112
Butt
Leggett

or wait even later for a guy like Kittle or Sprinkle?

Do you think we should be looking strictly at inline tight ends? What are the most important traits? Route running? Blocking ability? Speed? And I know that Howard and probably Njoku are gone by 37 but strange things happen every year - never know.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, @jrry32 mentioned him first in a previous mock draft of his, but I'm starting to love Jonnu Smith. Not a fan of Hodges or Leggett at all. I looked at Leggett last year, and the term "Lazy Leggett" stuck.

Howard and Njoku will go first round easily, so we can forget about them.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't want to spend an early pick on a TE. They rarely contribute early on. They take time to develop.

With that said. I'd be pleased to get a guy like Butt, from Michigan in the 4th rnd.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't want to spend an early pick on a TE. They rarely contribute early on. They take time to develop.

With that said. I'd be pleased to get a guy like Butt, from Michigan in the 4th rnd.

This. I want an impact player in round 2 which eliminates TE in general. Also I am unlike many wrt TEs in that I like big bodied bruiser types with good hands moreso than athletic freaks. Butt would have excellent value in round 4 but I also wouldn't cry about it if they took him round 3. Also, I suspect Butt will be effective quicker than many others who go off the board before him.

Round 3 & 4 are our TE rounds IMO. Center has to be taken by round 5. CB lots of flexibility but round 2 looks pretty likely.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm much less concerned with early impact than I am with long term ceiling - and a stud tight end could be worth the wait.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
I think overall upgrades should be something we look into. Grab the BPA and let McVay figure out the rest

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
George Kittle is my guy. When you look at where he's likely to go (around the 5th round), he's the best value in this draft. He can get on the field Year 1 as a blocker because he's that good at it. And he has as much physical talent as any inline TE in this draft.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Gerald Everett is my guy. Elite Athlete for his position and real explosive player after the catch and in and out of his cuts. Small hands but is natural pass catcher. Needs some refinement, but has Jordan Reed upside in McVays system

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, @jrry32 mentioned him first in a previous mock draft of his, but I'm starting to love Jonnu Smith. Not a fan of Hodges or Leggett at all. I looked at Leggett last year, and the term "Lazy Leggett" stuck.

Howard and Njoku will go first round easily, so we can forget about them.
I saw Hodges a lot this season and I really like his size and athleticism but he does have questionable hands. I'd only want him late in the draft but he'll probably be gone by the late 3rd.