Throwback Joes (Rams gear)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This guy has a facebook page,
upload_2016-9-20_0-44-57.png
, Joseph Verdugo. Maybe he'll answer some questions if you hit him up there?

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
Was that from Throwback Joes? If so, when did you place your order if you dont kind me asking.

There site says 1-2 day shipping.

I placed my order on August 16th. I know it's not as long as some others on here, but when you get an email on Sept 5th saying it's been shipped and still no jersey - no bueno!

I ordered mine from http://throwbackjoes.com/, which say 4-6 weeks for delivery. One "Contact Us" link is for an email to dwane@559graphics.com, but there's another email link to info@throwbackjoes.com that is a dead email address.

I did find the owner on Twitter, and he has been pretty responsive getting back to me, but it seems like he is too busy being around the team that his company suffers. His Twitter is https://twitter.com/throwbackjoe66...

His name is Joe Verdugo

Capture.PNG

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I placed my order on August 16th. I know it's not as long as some others on here, but when you get an email on Sept 5th saying it's been shipped and still no jersey - no bueno!

I ordered mine from http://throwbackjoes.com/, which say 4-6 weeks for delivery. One "Contact Us" link is for an email to dwane@559graphics.com, but there's another email link to info@throwbackjoes.com that is a dead email address.

I did find the owner on Twitter, and he has been pretty responsive getting back to me, but it seems like he is too busy being around the team that his company suffers. His Twitter is https://twitter.com/throwbackjoe66...

His name is Joe Verdugo

View attachment 16562

Yea man, I don't know whats up with this place... this is the last response I received 6 days ago from Joe.

"It's on the way. It's a custom one off that we had to create...should not take this long but we had a delay as we lost our materials manager.

We had to find a new company...now all up and running smoothly.

I am with Eric currently and will hook you up a freebie from him.

Best wishes,

Joe"

My order was placed on 6/16.

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
My saga continues...

I received my jersey yesterday, but the jersey was WAY too huge on me. I'm a big guy, but I was swimming in this thing. Turns out, the neck tag had been cut off, and there was no "Throwback Joe" tag on the lower front corner of the jersey (as there should be). I ordered a 3XL, but this thing looks like a 4XL or 5XL.
IMG_6634.JPG
IMG_6633.JPG

It almost feels like he rushed out a bigger jersey just to appease me and get me off his back. I could be wrong, but missing tags seems awful suspicious...

So it's back to CA for this jersey - guess I MIGHT get my proper-size jersey before we get to the playoffs.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My saga continues...

I received my jersey yesterday, but the jersey was WAY too huge on me. I'm a big guy, but I was swimming in this thing. Turns out, the neck tag had been cut off, and there was no "Throwback Joe" tag on the lower front corner of the jersey (as there should be). I ordered a 3XL, but this thing looks like a 4XL or 5XL. View attachment 16655 View attachment 16656

It almost feels like he rushed out a bigger jersey just to appease me and get me off his back. I could be wrong, but missing tags seems awful suspicious...

So it's back to CA for this jersey - guess I MIGHT get my proper-size jersey before we get to the playoffs.
That's just wrong and you are probably right in your suspicion. Sorry dude.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Man, this is getting to be ridiculous with these guys. Time to start threatening legal action. Unacceptable....

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
On the bright side, the owner Joe Verdugo, has been very responsive on his Twitter account. His last response was this...

"Hey let me know what the shipping a cost and I can PayPal you… Let's get this taken care of… Go Rams!"

So, if he makes it right, I'll be happy. I'm not worried about the wait right now. I guess I'm tired of fighting. Don't get me wrong though - I want my jersey, I just have to be patient.

I think he's trying. I've just had a calamity of errors hit me with this order.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Everytime I think about my order I get heated and I have to calm myself down. This was probably the worst fathers day gift I could have given. I told my pops it was gonna be like 3-6 weeks not 3-6 months. I'll be hitting him up again this weekend if nothing comes.

We've ordered bootleg jerseys for 20 bucks from China and they got here faster then this, China!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My saga continues...

I received my jersey yesterday, but the jersey was WAY too huge on me. I'm a big guy, but I was swimming in this thing. Turns out, the neck tag had been cut off, and there was no "Throwback Joe" tag on the lower front corner of the jersey (as there should be). I ordered a 3XL, but this thing looks like a 4XL or 5XL. View attachment 16655 View attachment 16656

Man, that's bush league. I'd hit up the BBB, Yelp, and https://www.pissedconsumer.com/

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Slow boat from China?

Sorry you're having all these problems with them. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I was warned before about buying anything from them. Hope you get your jersey along with whatever freebee.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Two days after processing the payment (money was already out of my account) I received an email stating that my order ($$) did not go through and for me to order the item again. They were trying to scam me out of additional money!
Well duh.... you have like four numbers on yours. That's four charges. I'd keep quiet about it so they don't charge you three more times. You got a steal.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the exact reason i dont order online anything ...sucks to hear about your issues...those answers sound a little like the dude is swerving you ....

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
"The 60 styles are not in they won't be in for at least another 10 days I did get a Dickerson color rush if you want that instead? I will also be able to throw in a free jersey as well… Please let me know I'm very sorry for this delay we're just trying to recoup with our orders… Joe"

Received this response yesterday. Next week will be 4 months.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sounds like a Shuster, or just a guy with an idea but not the brains to figure out how to run a business. He should have gotten a loan so he could buy some inventory. Instead it sounds like he was just going shirt by shirt and got overwhelmed, or he is purposely ripping people off.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Sounds like a Shuster, or just a guy with an idea but not the brains to figure out how to run a business. He should have gotten a loan so he could buy some inventory. Instead it sounds like he was just going shirt by shirt and got overwhelmed, or he is purposely ripping people off.

Don't know but he said he'll have the style I ordered in 10 days so if he doesn't ship in 10 days I'm contacting Paypal about this. I'm worried that my order was so long ago that they think I'm pulling some shit. I might have to just find this Joe at the next tailgate and talk to him in person and get my money.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. This whole thing has gotten out of hand. Even if he could make everything right. Its still unacceptable.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Deal with this company if you choose, but be ready to deal with BS after BS. I cannot advise anyone to buy from this site. I gave him till November 1st to have it shipped but I highly doubt he gets it done and I'll have to open a charge back claim with Paypal.

Linking my correspondences below for anyone thinking about ordering from this site. You have to read from bottom to top.

Is it really being made as we speak? I've been told "it's on its way", "we'll have it in 10 days", "it's being made right now" for over 4 months.

I'll give it till November 1st. If it hasn't shipped by then I'll issue a charge back.

Hide quoted text

On Oct 18, 2016 11:19 AM, "Joseph Verdugo" <throwbackjoes@gmail.com> wrote:
The jersey is being made as we speak… I know it's been a few months… But we had some unforeseen events with our manufacture and moving our operation to Chino California that is a fact and not a lie. If you can hold on I don't have a timeline I can't say six days four days nine days all I do know is it's coming in… Do you want to bear with us that be great if not I totally understand you may file a claim with PayPal.

Just be advised nobody will make a jersey like this and Eric Dickerson is my business partner and understands totally what we are going through even he is waiting for a few jerseys.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 18, 2016, at 10:12 AM, T> wrote:

I need a real update on this order, this is taking way too long. If you cant fulfill the order then just issue a refund and stop beating around the bush. All else fails I'll just file a claim with Paypal and forward over this email chain.

On Oct 5, 2016 8:09 AM, T> wrote:
No, I'd like the one I ordered. This was a fathers day gift for my Dad that's a long time Rams fan. Please keep me updated on the 60s style.

On Oct 4, 2016 3:58 PM, "Joseph Verdugo" <throwbackjoes@gmail.com> wrote:
T,

The 60 styles are not in they won't be in for at least another 10 days I did get a Dickerson color rush if you want that instead? I will also be able to throw in a free jersey as well… Please let me know I'm very sorry for this delay we're just trying to recoup with our orders… Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 4, 2016, at 3:19 PM, T > wrote:

Hi Joe,

Is there any update on this, we're going on 4 months now.

On Sep 16, 2016 8:57 PM, "Joseph Verdugo" <throwbackjoes@gmail.com> wrote:
T,

It's on the way. It's a custom one off that we had to create...should not take this long but we had a delay as we lost our materials manager.

We had to find a new company...now all up and running smoothly.

I am with Eric currently and will hook you up a freebie from him.

Best wishes,

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 16, 2016, at 8:15 PM, T> wrote:

Hello again,

Is there any update on this order? Order was placed 3 months ago.

On Jul 19, 2016 1:44 PM, T> wrote:
Cool sounds good, thanks again!

On Jul 19, 2016 1:43 PM, "Joseph Verdugo" <throwbackjoes@gmail.com> wrote:
You are right I meant to say June. We will def keep you posted!

Hope to see you at the games… If so drinks are on us!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 19, 2016, at 1:40 PM, T> wrote:

Thanks for the response, but my order was not placed a few days ago in july, my order was placed in June. About 5 weeks ago which is why I was asking. Looking forward to hearing from you guys. Go Rams!

On Jul 19, 2016 12:32 PM, "Joseph Verdugo" <throwbackjoes@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello!

Your order was placed with us 7/16 and sent to manufacturing side…7/18

We are still a few weeks off to receiving it and sending it out to you the app does state four to six weeks turnaround time...sometimes there are delays in processing when ordering just one item as you can imagine with the Los Angeles Rams now home we have hundreds of orders coming through daily. We do appreciate your patience and we do look forward to getting you your gear!

Go Rams!

Sandy

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 19, 2016, at 10:28 AM, T> wrote:

Hi,

Is there any update on this order?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
@LosAngelesRams he's probably getting hammered with orders but that's no excuse for the bullshit.

I'd link him to this thread and tell him about how much business he ISN'T going to get because of his lousy way of handling his shit.

I wouldn't buy anything off someone like this.

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
Final update...

I received my Dickerson jersey on Monday - it fits! It only took two months to get here. I guess I'm luckier than some are. Anyway, I was disappointed that he didn't throw any swag in there, but my main concern was the jersey - that's what I wanted. So, I'm satisfied that it's resolved. I honestly think that the Rams moving back to LA really boosted his sales, and he is just having trouble with the sheer volume. And I think he truly does care, or else he would never responded like he has.

Would I order something else from him? I don't know. Maybe...