Thoughts on New Orleans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Moving on from the frustrating loss yesterday, it doesn’t get any easier for us this week with the Saints coming to LA. However I think we match up better against them than with Minny.

1. Minnesota has a better pass rush imo. Cam Jordan and Rankins are a handful, but so were Griffen/Joseph/Barr and Clowney. I just think Minny is deeper as a unit than NO.

2. Saints don’t have an elite LB. The 3 elite Ds we’ve played this year have had elite MLBs that have been all over the field in the run and pass games. Telvin Smith, Bobby Wagner, and Eric Kendricks are light years better than Te’o.

3. Brees isn’t as mobile as Keenum. Yes he can move in the pocket, but getting hits and hurried on Brees is the key to getting off the field on Sunday. Historically we’ve done this well vs Brees. AD needs to have a big day and I expect Wade to continue the LB blitzes with Tree.

Having said all of that I know NO has a much better O than Minny, possibly the best O we’ll play all year. On the other hand their D can be scored on. We’ll need to score at least 24 to beat them. It helps that we have this game at home. Thoughts?

BeefJurky

Rookie
Well they ass blasted us last year, 49-21.
Both teams are much better this year though.

I think we've got a lot to be worried about with New Orleans.

Drew Brees, leagues best rushing attack, and a serviceable defense? Sounds like a more experienced version of the Rams. Lattimore is gonna blanket Sammy or Woods. Kamara/Ingram are gashing teams this year.

I think the keys for us are gonna be: strong rush game (Gurley pls) and getting pressure on Brees.
Definitely winnable but this is a huge game against a top tier and very experienced team.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Key to winning this game is to have NRC and Webster BOTH healthy. If we have Hatfield and Countess playing one on one again, Brees may bury us so deep we won't be able to catch up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont know, I'm a little nervous. Kinda like when Rocky Balboa was stepping in to the ring with Clubber Lang the first time....

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's an easier matchup defensively and we get to be at home which won't be nearly as loud for the opponent as in Minnesota. Thing here is the Rams can't afford to stall on offense like they did these last two weeks. We need efficiency in all four quarters because the saints will be threatening the red zone often.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
Don't disagree with any of the above. We'll find out if the Viking game was a bump in the road or the wheels coming off.

Win Sunday and I think we're still a 11-5 or 10-6 team. Lose, and we're 9-7 which is sad given we already have 7 wins.

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
Heard Okafor is out for season. How big of a deal is this for Saints?
Huge. The guy wreaks havoc in the backfield, and he's still underrated. I'm more worried about our D against their O. Do we play more of our bigger guys?

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Teams have noticed to play against Rams Offense is to take away the middle of the field and hit our receivers hard. That was the Patriots playbook against the Rams a la 2001.

The Rams need to counter with plays like Tavon, Gurley and Dunbar all in the same backfield at the same time and let Goff hand-fake the ball to either one of those three.

Gerald Everett needs to be on the field more on this because this guy is very elusive and he plays like Anquan Boldin.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Teams have noticed to play against Rams Offense is to take away the middle of the field and hit our receivers hard. That was the Patriots playbook against the Rams a la 2001.

The Rams need to counter with plays like Tavon, Gurley and Dunbar all in the same backfield at the same time and let Goff hand-fake the ball to either one of those three.

Gerald Everett needs to be on the field more on this because this guy is very elusive and he plays like Anquan Boldin.
Wait, you're suggesting we run the wishbone???
Lol

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Their defense is not the Vikings. I am not sold on saints defense, our o line needs to step up and give Todd lanes for run.

Our defensive line is the key to stopping the run, they need to wait for the back instead of over pursuing and running past him .

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It's an easier matchup defensively and we get to be at home which won't be nearly as loud for the opponent as in Minnesota. Thing here is the Rams can't afford to stall on offense like they did these last two weeks. We need efficiency in all four quarters because the saints will be threatening the red zone often.

I don't consider putting up 30+ points on the Texans really stalling. Would you consider the Eagles offense poor last night even tho they scored 37? It was pretty much the exact same game. Only scored 7 in the first half and then lit it up the second. There's 60 minutes of football, not 30.

Yesterday yes we stalled, but we didn't look terrible, we literally fumbled away that game just like the Seattle game. Would we still have won if Kupp doesn't fumble? Who knows, who cares. We lost, and we couldn't keep up in the 2nd half and the Viks are just the better team atm. Not to say we can't beat them but they seemed more sure themselves than we did. And that goes a long way.

The Saints are just as good as the Viks and I actually think they would beat the Viks mostly because of Brees, he has a solid running attack now so it's a double edged sword. I don't know if we would play better against the Saints, maybe we're a better matchup, i dunno. Time will tell.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I didn’t anticipate victories against the Vikings or NO. I just want us to win at least 3 more games.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'd like to see McVay try a formation with a 3WR strong side bunch with TA as one, Higbee on the line, Gurley behind Goff. Bring TA in motion to the opposite side and at the snap everybody is moving to the strong side showing run. If the look gives TA one-on-one, a play action could leave TA with one guy, two at best, to beat. He could line up Sammy on the weakside as well and have him run a post or a deep cross to pull the safety away from TA. Bottom line, McVay needs to find ways to utilize TA's speed in space more often. Same can be said for Sammy and even TG. He's gotta get these guys in space more often. Speed kills. Start killing...

KDS73

Rookie
Saints pulling out the big come-from-behind overtime victory yesterday was probably the best thing that could've happened. Most teams tend to follow big emotional victories like that one with a letdown game the next week. With Rams coming off a loss, I think they'll just want it more. Rams win a close one.