This team is on the verge.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
I can't say what I think the Rams will be until I see the draft. This team still has some major holes and they may not be filled in the draft. On top of that, I would like to see what AZ, SEA, and SF do. I'm not going to play the homer game.

lockdnram21

Legend
I can't say what I think the Rams will be until I see the draft. This team still has some major holes and they may not be filled in the draft. On top of that, I would like to see what AZ, SEA, and SF do. I'm not going to play the homer game.

imo theres only 4 true holes. LG,FS, Nickel CB, OT Depth . Some 2would say recevers but i think if we fix the line we can be just as effectve as Seattle if not better on offense. But i wouldnt mind picking Sammy as long as the 2 out of thd next 4 picks better be OL

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know what your going thru NJ. I'm in Niner country. :censored:

Big IF's on Jake and Sam, but we're due for some good luck when it comes to injuries!

After we fix our OL and seconday in May, it's ours. And my local cheese eatin' - white wine sippin' friends know it.

Makes it all the more sweet when they make the playoffs next year :cheers:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
That's pretty much what I was going to say. This team has assembled an impressive amount of young talent. Last year you could see it starting to all come together. A lot of us who've been watching this team realize that it's on the verge of contending again. We still need a few players, but we could get them in this draft. This will be an exciting year

Agreed. If we can shore up the back end of the D and get a solid OL going we are going to be very tough to beat on both sides of the ball.
Lord knows we've been patient enough. It's time for the Rams to rise!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I was HYPED last year. I mean pumped. I really did think we'd win 10-12 games. I still think we had the talent to do it but bonehead mistakes and injuries cost us.

This year - if our young players improve, step up and learn - we don't commit so many penalties (especially on special teams and give Tavon Austin a chance to get some big plays) - we work out a way to involve TA in the passing game and work of Zac Stacy in the play action game...and then

Jake Long is healthy and 100% - and Sam Bradford is healthy and 100% - these are two HUGE ifs. This is where this team will fail or succeed this year- if these two guys are at full health and have a good pre-season.

Then we might win 8-10 games. We have a chance of the playoffs. We wont win our division though. Seattle are still better than us.

scifiman

I just hope for the best but expect the worse with the rams. The last 10 years have sucked. That is why. The last couple of years have given me hope but I dont think we get over the hump with Bradford at QB. I know some will argue but if he does not stay healthy and does not deliver this year then I think we have to go in a new direction at QB.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just hope for the best but expect the worse with the rams. The last 10 years have sucked. That is why. The last couple of years have given me hope but I dont think we get over the hump with Bradford at QB. I know some will argue but if he does not stay healthy and does not deliver this year then I think we have to go in a new direction at QB.

What is it in particular that you think Bradford lacks that wont allow him to get the rams over the hump?

Alan

Legend
scifiman with a negative tude:
Let's deal with that when the time comes. No sense stressing out now right.
images

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
What is it in particular that you think Bradford lacks that wont allow him to get the rams over the hump?
I know this question wasn't directed to me, but the only thing I wish he did was take a few more chances down field, and to be a little more patient letting WR get open when the pocket is holding up

RamzFanz

Damnit
As is, with Bradford back, second season for TA, Bailey, and Stacey, i think Rams win 8-10.

Draft immediate impact players, shore up the O-line and pass coverage? 10+

That's my early and barely supportable opinion.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know this question wasn't directed to me, but the only thing I wish he did was take a few more chances down field, and to be a little more patient letting WR get open when the pocket is holding up

Oh dont get me wrong, I dont think he is perfect and I have my own issues with the way he plays/things he can do better. I just dont like when people make lofty claims like the rams wont get over the hump with Bradford at qb without supporting that claim in anyway.

But agree, I too wish he took more shots down field, but I think that has more to do with his WR's than his ability. Its one the reasons I want the rams to select Mike Evans.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
So you know how we're under the radar, right? I just read a Squawk fan post pertaining to the schedule prediction contest. He wanted to extend the contest to Bradford.

He said they should extend the contest to what week Sam tears his shoulder and what week we're eliminated from contention. He answered week 4 and 8 HAHA!!! That's painfully funny.

Seriously, we don't get any slack for failing because we've been failing for over ten straight seasons, now. Would that abysmal prediction really surprises anyone, though? It tore a heart through my arse when it happened last year. I beleive in this team greatly, may go to 5 games next year, but holy dam we need some real results.

I do agree we will go as far as Sam takes us. I think he needs Watkins more than Robinson, too. We can draft a stud LG in the second round... or with our second pick.

RamsFan14

Starter
Its unreal that we fans haven't seen a winning season in 11 years.

But I always have to say... Glad I'm not a Browns or Bills fan... Least we had the GSOT1999 to fall back on... But I agree, it's still been a long and rough ride to say the least.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
But I always have to say... Glad I'm not a Browns or Bills fan... Least we had the GSOT1999 to fall back on... But I agree, it's still been a long and rough ride to say the least.
I was just a boy when i watched us lose SB14. It was a long and brutal wait until '99 but so worth it. I can feel another one coming soon.
th

RamsFan14

Starter
I was just a boy when i watched us lose SB14. It was a long and brutal wait until '99 but so worth it. I can feel another one coming soon.
th

Can only imagine what that feels like man. The first game I can remember as a kid was our Super Bowl win in 1999, so that was pretty epic as a first memory! While that's pretty special and all... Haven't witnessed much winning since being a hardcore fan of the team... Sticking with the team you love all the way must make the winning times feel that much more special (especially when you lose a lot...)! Ain't giving up on this team for a long time, it'll be worth!

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
th

Same here. I was 12 at the time. Funny thing is I remember thinking it was no big deal the Rams lost because they were going to be back tons more times. :LOL:

jap

Legend

Consider who Sam has had as OC's, and how they tended to emphasize the conservative game. Only the Pat's current OC was willing to consistently take real chances, and he didn't have much offensive receiving talent outside Lloyd to work with. With Sam's overall (but especially deep ball) accuracy, can you imagine how Mad Mike would have transformed his mindset?

As far as the impatience displayed at times with receivers, that happens to all QB's when their OL's do not consistently hold up. Sometimes the problem is our young receivers taking too long to complete their routes or lacking the savvy to break the route off to help out their beleaguering QB under heavy pass rush duress. However, I have seen Sam hang in there long enough to take hellacious hits just after completing near-perfect throws.

Give this guy a steady OL and some competent receivers and he might outshine even Kurt "Special K" Warner. Remember, Kurt and Marc Bulger got to work with Isaac & Torry. Sam hasn't thrown to a receiver with that level of talent yet.