This Morning, I had a dream ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree that being negative all the time about the Rams isn't good for us, or even physically healthy.
But to me, being a realist is important too. And realistically, it's gonna be pretty bad come Sunday at 1:00 pm eastern time.

All this warm and fuzzy banter going on right now, and this constant "hope" for the season to turn around is going to be completely devoured once the Vent Thread is created tomorrow. I wish I was wrong. I REALLY wish I was wrong. :(
And see - I don't see the point in being a "realist" - especially if it means going into a game believing we are going to lose or that you are somehow facing facts that the rest of us can't see because we don't go into the games that way. The fact is that this site was not created to cater to the "realists" out there. It was created far more for total homers. I'm not sure why "realists" feel we want to hear their "realism". And I for one think you are going to be disappointed when your vent thread is not necessary.

So you can go into tomorrow's game thinking the worst. That is not however what this board is about and frankly, I really couldn't care less if someone is right in predicting we are going to lose. I never pick against my Rams in Pick-ems. I always go in believing a win is possible. To do otherwise is just senseless to me. And like it or not, the positive Rams fan IS what this site was created for - not the "realist".

Homers aren't idiots. We just choose to go in thinking the best and believing we can win any game. I couldn't be less disappointed if we lose just because I may have predicted a loss. So why bother?

Go Rams!!! Destroy the Bungles.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
And I for one think you are going to be disappointed when your vent thread is not necessary.
So you can go into tomorrow's game thinking the worst.

Hiya. As I said in my post I really hope I'm wrong about tomorrow's game. I definitely will not be disappointed if no vent thread is needed. That will be awesome!

I'm simply very very tired of non-winning seasons (what, the last 8 years?) and I just can no longer trick myself into saying things like "we're only 2 games out of a Wild Card with 6 games left, we can do it..."

Me finally choosing to be realistic about my Rams (from the things I currently see on the field) does NOT make me any less of a Rams fan than others. I'm simply a saddened Rams fan because we still have not turned the corner, nor does the corner even appear to be in sight. I live and breathe the Rams every season. I get depressed after a loss and proud and happy after a win. What they do on the field affects me personally, and though many here on this web site might not admit it, I think the outcome of Rams games (and seasons) affects them somewhat too.

Thank you though, for allowing me to share my opinion. I'm not being abusive or insulting to anyone. I don't call anyone names and I'm never disrespectful or looking for a fight. I just see it how I see it. I choose not to pretend anymore that the Rams are moving forward in a good way. Are you saying though, that I'm not welcome here if I don't rah rah and insist the Rams will win every game and will make the playoffs? I hope that's not the case. I know you don't want robots as members.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Are you saying though, that I'm not welcome here if I don't rah rah and insist the Rams will win every game and will make the playoffs? I hope that's not the case. I know you don't want robots as members.
No. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't feel the need to tell us that our team has no chance of winning on Sunday.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There are plenty of other boards to become a regular resident on and call the Head coach, owner, GM and players fucking idiots all day every week when things don't go well. Not here.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
... and call the Head coach, owner, GM and players freaking idiots all day every week when things don't go well. Not here.

I've never done that. Not once. Not ever. Challenge you to find even one of my posts that have done what you described above.
Go Rams. Prove me wrong.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
There are plenty of other boards to become a regular resident on and call the Head coach, owner, GM and players freaking idiots all day every week when things don't go well. Not here.

Saying you don't believe Fisher can get the job done is not the same as calling him a fucking idiot. I haven't been on here in a few days, so I don't know why that's suddenly viewed as the same thing. I don't understand why an even keeled poster such as BriansRams posting what he feels is realistic in regards to his football team in a respectful way is now considered off limits. Must have been a bad week. Certainly we do want to talk football, I mean a discussion about a 4-6 team on a bad losing streak isn't going to look the same as a 6-4 team. Perhaps I'm missing something having been away for a bit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've never done that. Not once. Not ever. Challenge you to find even one of my posts that have done what you described above.
Go Rams. Prove me wrong.
Not sure why you feel he is singling you out. I can't recall you going there either but others have. And there are a lot of members on this board.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
My comments were not meant to bring anyone down. I apologize if I seem negative. I just sorta knew what was coming today, and it's very disheartening to see just how bad it has gotten for my Rams. They are a complete mess. I can't get myself to have hope, or even enjoy my team. Things are just that bad. This is as bad as the Rams organization has been in many years. :(

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But I keep coming back for more every Sunday and between your post and the post by @X the other day regarding the situation Bulger found himself in,
what was the @-X- post,if you know Lumber??

All this warm and fuzzy banter going on right now, and this constant "hope" for the season to turn around is going to be completely devoured once the Vent Thread is created tomorrow. I wish I was wrong. I REALLY wish I was wrong. :(
Looks like you weren't wrong...and I get you, if you go to Vegas (not here, lol) and you bet on the Rams today, you either bet the Bengals today or be thought a fool....Here, like everywhere, I root for them...It's a strange time...Exposed time, who's going all out? Effort???...Look hard, if certain dudes are missing tackles, coming down with injuries...coming out of the game...IDK, but it's hard to coach a team that is already looking at vacation time....and real hard to root for a team that isn't giving 100% effort...mentally or physically.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This game doesn't change ANYTHING for me.

Still THE Homer.

Note: No there's no blue font here.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
what was the @-X- post,if you know Lumber??

Looks like you weren't wrong...and I get you, if you go to Vegas (not here, lol) and you bet on the Rams today, you either bet the Bengals today or be thought a fool....Here, like everywhere, I root for them...It's a strange time...Exposed time, who's going all out? Effort???...Look hard, if certain dudes are missing tackles, coming down with injuries...coming out of the game...IDK, but it's hard to coach a team that is already looking at vacation time....and real hard to root for a team that isn't giving 100% effort...mentally or physically.

The post I was referring to is in the 'Rhaney is next man up for battered o line' thread.