This is going to be SICK...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
while watching that, did anyone even notice his lack of size? I didn't. All I see is a player who is explosive, who closes fast, and can TACKLE.

I see that too. His feet are always in the right position too, he's not out of position and he really does tackle well when he isn't just smashing into someone.

He is very, very shifty on returns, that's what made me notice his feet, he has excellent balance. We have some guys in the secondary that are going to give the O some good field position after turnovers.

There is a significant amount of speed on this defense at every level, front 4, LB's and secondary. It's gonna be a fun season for the first time in a long time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Never watched Joyner in college, so some of you have the advantage of me. (From the above video)He hit hard in college, against smaller/slower players. Sometimes, he hit with the intent of stopping them, and from the video, he did a good job of it. In other plays, he wrapped up the ball carrier with good tackles. I am just concerned that even though he hits hard, it may not be enough by itself to take an NFL player out. I am very excited about the possibilities, however!

I dunno, some of the guys he whacked were pretty big.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Makes me want to go buy a Joyner jersey.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Love it ! This kid has bad intentions when he lays the hits on ! Plays much bigger than he actually is. I think him and JJ are going to be fun to watch playing together.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agree but I would not use Sanders as a model here since his size caused him to break down due to his style of play.
Yeah - true. Probably why they have him penciled in at CB rather than Safety. That time Sanders was used as a Safety and racked up all those tackles really seemed to take a lot out of him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I've posted this before, but it's worth reposting. The amount of effort and hustle he puts into the game basically guarantees him to be a good football player. This play is awesome, and really shows you the kind of player Joyner is.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@TheDYVKX True story man. I remember seeing that video right after the draft. Talk about not having "surrender" in your dictionary.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've posted this before, but it's worth reposting. The amount of effort and hustle he puts into the game basically guarantees him to be a good football player. This play is awesome, and really shows you the kind of player Joyner is.

Hahaha I love it, that dude has balls.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

You can't teach that.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If you had to run a crossing pattern, and waiting for you was TJ McDonald, or Lamarcus Joyner, who would you pick?

Me, I'd run the wrong route.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

That's what playing snap to whistle looks like! I love that kind of effort.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
...and I LOVE his aggressive style of play, but I hope he's a good manager of his money. He's going to need to save some for fine payments for some of those hits in the current watered down version of the NFL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If you had to run a crossing pattern, and waiting for you was TJ McDonald, or Lamarcus Joyner, who would you pick?

Me, I'd run the wrong route.

Yeah I'd think about coming up lame with a "bad hammy" myself LOL.

BD-TomCat

Rookie
sure looks a lot like the Ogletree highlight video I seen last year. His closing speed is very noticeable Our secondary looks like it will be getting a lot stronger with the offseason additions. MoAx shows those same flashes

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
On his returns and interceptions, he waits for his blocks and has good vision. He's got some moves and burst speed too. Very athletic.