This Guy Is Believable?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
JJ Zachariason
JJ is numberFire's Editor-In-Chief, with experience working in the ad agency world. He published his first e-book in 2012, The Late Round Quarterback, highlighting a logical strategy for fantasy football enthusiasts. Since, he’s been featured on sites like NBC Sports’ Rotoworld, and has had numerous spots on SiriusXM Fantasy radi

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/1676/why-the-rams-should-get-rid-of-sam-bradford

This guy is believable?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He's a fantasy blogger. So get rid of Sam from your fantasy team if you like. My guess is that real teams don't see it his way.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I can't stand the stat geeks who only use numbers to make their point. Again I bet they've barely seem him play and only look at the numbers.

jjab360

Legend
This guy looked at and analyzed every single snap Bradford took this past year on the All 22, and was able to take into account a multitude of factors that changed what he originally thought and led him to believe the Rams should stay the course with Sam. Call me crazy, but I think I'll take that guy's opinion over someone who has probably barely watched Sam play, and based his entire decision off of some fantasy football numbers. The difference in effort these two put into researching the subject is actually kind of embarrassing in comparison.

PhxRam

I am going to add a filter that changes "Sam" to something else so i can at least feel like we are talking about someone else. :LOL:

laramsoriginal

Starter
Its hard to argue against the author's main points. I know some of you have all this faith in Sam to finally develop and/or stay healthy. It feels like you guys have invested a lot of years rooting for him...its ok. So have I.

I want sam to succeed but I have my doubts.

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
Its hard to argue against the authors main points. I know some of you have all this faith in Sam to finally develop and/or stay healthy. It feels like you guys have invested a lot of years rooting for him...its ok. So have I.

I want sam to succeed but I have my doubts.
His "main points" are all fantasy football numbers that he never even gets around to explaining, smh. Not once does he talk about what actually happens on the field, not even once.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The last adult that I knew that went by the name JJ was maybe that guy from Goodtimes. But that doesn't mean his stuff ain't Dy-no-mite!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, fantasy football guys should focus on what they do best.

laramsoriginal

Starter
So those metrics are false? Bradford really hasn't been hurt often? Bradford's cap number is not high? Other QB's haven't done more with equal or lesser talent?
Everyone quickly bashes/dismisses any criticism of Bradford

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Oh, I have my doubts about Sam but I don't believe that it is wise to just up and dump a guy who rated as the 16th best QB in the league, has a strong, accurate arm and is tall enough to see his WR over the line, unless the team has a guy already on the roster that they know is better than him.

When thinking of drafting a QB I think of Ponder, Claussen, McCoy, etc..Even Andy Dalton, who looked promising his first season has been criticized more than Sam. QB is a tough position to evaluate when you are desperate to have one. The bust rate is very high.

laramsoriginal

Starter
We can compare what is happening in st.Louis to what is going on in Los Angeles with my man Kobe Bryant.

Kobe recently signed a huge extension that will limit what the Lakers can do in 2015-16. As a homer, I believe Kobe deserves that money, after all he has remained with the same team that drafted him for nearly 18 years. Bad news is that he's been hurt a lot the past 1 1/2 seasons. If I look at the cap, yeah it sucks that a good chunk of it has been spent on One player but we (laker fans) cannot/should not forget that Kobe has been a HUGE part of bringing 5 nba championships to Los Angeles. That alone makes me not care about his cap number but I should also note that when healthy, he is still the TOP shooting Guard in the league.

Now back to Bradford. He has not helped bring any championships to the rams (not entirely his fault) nor is he even close to being the top player at his position. That is why I am only a Bradford supporter and not an aplogist. Even if healthy, I don't know if I believe he is all that great. And did I mention his cap space is ridiculous...im just saying.........

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So those metrics are false? Bradford really hasn't been hurt often? Bradford's cap number is not high? Other QB's haven't done more with equal or lesser talent?

I'll leave the metrics to the stat guys. I base my evaluation of Bradford on tape. What other QBs do or don't do is irrelevant...especially when you can count the other QBs that have supposed done more with equal or lesser talent on one hand.

Bradford's cap number isn't an issue.

People bash uneducated criticism of Bradford. You want my respect...go the extra mile. Watch the film, break it down and put the work in.

jjab360

Legend
Some people get so hung up on the contract it's ridiculous..

At the end of the day, Bradford's contract isn't even that outrageous when compared to his peers. His cap hit is 7th for QBs this year and 11th next year, but to hear some people talk about it, the guy has to be a top 3 QB to even come close to justifying his salary.

Besides, Demoff is a master at what he does, which is why I'm not at all worried about our cap situation.

jjab360

Legend
Outside of future HOF locks, name just one.

And I'm not just dismissing criticism, I took a good, long look at what he had to say. It's nothing I haven't heard before, and it's nothing to do with actual on the field play. I wasn't impressed.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
In 10 months we will have a much clearer picture of what Bradford is.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The last adult that I knew that went by the name JJ was maybe that guy from Goodtimes. But that doesn't mean his stuff ain't Dy-no-mite!

Watt..did you say?
I made this statement last week that Kurt would go into the HOF because he took a bad team to the Super Bowl ,then someone corrected me and named the talent he had in AZ, Fitz and Boldin, then someone else made a comment that Kurt had lost two starting jobs in between here and AZ, which brings me to this.
When did Kurt Warner ever make a Pro Bowl without Pro Bowl receivers ?
Not being able to elevate below or average talent does not a bad QB make.

I am going to add a filter that changes "Sam" to something else so i can at least feel like we are talking about someone else. :LOL:

Jacob ( I figure if the owner can go by his middle name...) will be fine as long as the knee heals ,he may not have the GSOT or Fitz and Boldin to throw to but he has the best bunch he's ever had with some experience as well and a fresh young RB and running game.
I too share the Bradford thread fatigue, last night one in five threads on the front page were about Jacob,you'd think some of these don't need their own thread since the subject is the same but womb I?