Think Before You Post

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Remember, these guys are the mods. While you can come around and maybe look at one or three threads at whatever leisure you want, these guys are looking at all and every thread making sure things are civil and up to speed and nothing is out of hand, so what you see isn't the same as what they see. I've seen my fair share of offensive stuff, like the night Michael Sam was drafted and somebody said "I can't believe they drafted that f*g over 'insert player they wanted here.'"

It's not about stifling debate, it's about keeping us from going after each other in lieu of the pursuit of intelligent Rams discussion. It's to keep us from becoming that psychopathic board from across the way where the only discussion is how much bigger your internet penis is than your sworn message board enemy and how Sam Bradford is responsible not only for the Rams suffering, but killing Tupac and the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa as well.

I'd rather have mods keep things civil with gentle reminders then this devolve into another pissing contest mania at every single perceived slight, been through it once, don't want to do it twice.
Totally agree.
My comment about debate or whatever being stifled was not this board more society at large.
I think the mods on ROD are great and keep the forum great.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lulz. There's no need to feel insulted by a gentle reminder watermarked over the posting box before you type (at which point it disappears). Everybody here's a big boy (and girl), and I know you don't need to be babysat or lorded over. The intent is to get you to think twice before you slam your mouse (or finger) down and start to pound out a heated reply or sarcastic remark towards someone else because you feel insulted.

If it works once, then it's doing its job.

Also. Don't drink and drive, and don't wait til 4:00 a.m. to pick up chicks at a bar.
We're not putting that in the posting box, because that's kinda common knowledge.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
... and how Sam Bradford is responsible not only for the Rams suffering, but killing Tupac and the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa as well.
Sam killed Tupac? Ahhhhh naw man!!!!!! I knew the crazies at PD was right!!!!!!!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
I've read offensive things here but then I pretty much have to read every post as part of being a mod. Certainly there have been posts deleted due to the ROD community's inappropriate votes.

No debate is being stifled here as far as I can tell but it is a good idea to put things in a way that are not offensive to others whenever possible. It takes a little more time and thought but is well worth it. Hopefully we do that in our public life so why not here?
Agree totally.
I have has no issues here and think the mods are great.
Just saying that the way an opinion is stated may be offense (cursing, personal attack, name calling ect) and hasn't been tolerated here. I for one really prefer the ban on cursing. A football opinion cannot be offensive really even if it is goofy. I get the need to keep things civil when being critical of coaches or players as the "he sucks" thing is a sure way to name calling/trolling arguments.
But someone making a point or an opinion that is not popular should not lead to deletion.
But whatever, it's a great place and all in good fun.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Sam killed Tupac? Ahhhhh naw man!!!!!! I knew the crazies at PD was right!!!!!!!!!
Yep, at the ripe age of 9 Sam Bradford killed Tupac in cold blood. Now he yearns for more, remember to lock your doors and keep your shotguns loaded, Bradford's on the loose.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But someone making a point or an opinion that is not popular should not lead to deletion.
And it rarely (if ever) is. The delivery of said opinion is what draws attention.
Let me demonstrate (same opinion).

"Brian Quick can't carry Watkins' jock. There's never been a bigger bust than Quick, we need to move on."

"Brian Quick may never get going, and that's why I wanted Watkins. Both are unknowns, sure, but I'd like to hedge our bets. I hope Quick comes around, but I have doubts, and Watkins was way ahead of Quick at the college level, so he could produce right away too."

fearsomefour

Legend
And it rarely (if ever) is. The delivery of said opinion is what draws attention.
Let me demonstrate (same opinion).

"Brian Quick can't carry Watkins' jock. There's never been a bigger bust than Quick, we need to move on."

"Brian Quick may never get going, and that's why I wanted Watkins. Both are unknowns, sure, but I'd like to hedge our bets. I hope Quick comes around, but I have doubts, and Watkins was way ahead of Quick at the college level, so he could produce right away too."
I can tell the difference of course but both seem fine to me. But that is personal perspective. I get it.
The personal attacks on players in that way is not needed and serves no real purpose.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I still find it comical that someone thought it was personally directed at them. I don't really blame them. It's not like I get how all these things work. I have a time clock that says "Good morning (enter name here)" when that person clocks in. Not too much of a stretch to think the same could be done to recognize a registered poster. Y'know - like in X's case it could say, "Greetings Creator. Please enter your words of wisdom here:" Damn it! Where is my Brown Noser emoticon? I miss that dude.

Bring me back!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
before you slam your mouse (or finger) down and start to pound out a heated reply or sarcastic remark towards someone else because you feel insulted.

You can still do that to your heart's content, just don't click 'Post Reply.' :stop:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Do us old folks with Dementia get a pass? :cool: