They seem to be taking the loss well (49ers board)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/n...s-denver-broncos-gameday-thread-game/page108/

smithgdwg
Damn, this stadium is cursed.

WRATHman44
On the plus side, the stadium is pretty loud. You can REALLY hear those boos.

JeuSF49
Gabbert- horrible Johnson-see Gabbert Bethel-Thompson-see Gabbert and Johnson.

ElephantHaley
57-3 after 2 weeks? This better be on purpose or else im gonna be pissed

jreff22:
So the OL looks better.

But...
Purcell - cut, was camp fodder to start out with
Hampton - cut, same as Purcell
All the backup Safety's - Special Teamers... Ward and Dahl are still better backups than anything we've had since the old glory days
Dobbs - on the bubble, probably cut
All the backup QB's - sadly one has to stay
...Are garbage

SFL49er
And we wont call Tim Tebow. Id sign his ass tomorrow. And cut Gabbert tomorrow.

These are the chances that 40 players get to show their best. They wont have many other chances if they don't shine.

Hell, David Reed may have easily fumbled his way off the roster since he was on the bubble already. Preseason or not, you have to have some of your players stand out who belong. I can easily go down the roster and tell you already who doesn't belong after two games--and many other armchair GMs can too. It was absolutely disgusting seeing the product as a whole we put out there

sf49ers303
Didn't we win all or preseason games under singletary????!!!!

frenchmov
i think people saying "it's just pre-season relax!" are missing the point. no one truly gives a s**t that we lost a pre-season game. it's how we looked in losing. f**king terrible. "it's only backups! we didn't gameplan!" well yeah. the other team is playing backups and didn't gameplan either and they pushed our s**t in 2 weeks in a row. ultimately this doesn't mean too much for week 1 but it is troubling

Geidi
One more game like this and I'm in official panic mode.

m_brockalexander
I know it's preseason, but WTF? So far, I am not impressed by much of anything so far.

Igotta
I've not yet been able to watch the game, but the fact that Tim Tebow is being discussed makes me think I don't want to!
scared2.gif

grizzlyadams
Have any of the backup QBs thrown the ball downfield? I've only seen short passes. And they can't even complete those.

jonesadrian:
Are they lying to us in the practice reports? Every report talks about how deep we are, how good everyone is looking, how awesome everything is and then we see the games and...

ninerjok
Chip Kelly says he's willing to listen to trade offers for Sanchez. I can't believe I'm saying this but let's f***ing do it.

SofaKing
LOL...our backup QB situation has got to be the worst in the league. These guys have sabotaged the entire team with their s**tty play. Impossible to get anything positive going, offensively or defensively, with such awful QB play.

RFIP

I like the little guy peaking out the door!

You guys should add him to our smiley list!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Funny stuff.
There were some great posts after we beat them 2 seasons ago.

These are always entertaining.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I have a friend who posts so much garbage about the whiner's, but after their first two preseason games he hasn't said sh*t! I love it!

SierraRam

Recreational User
I turned on the game just in time to watch Dahl follow a Bronco into the end zone. (5 yards behind) - Just like old times

The whiner faithful in my neighborhood are truly worried. Good Times! :LOL:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
In SF, Vegas is going to start giving the away team, home field advantage.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm surprised that Gabbert is doing so poorly. Not because I didn't think he wasn't bad, but because Harbaugh went out and hand-picked him as a backup. Really thought he had a better eye for talent than that.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
After shutout, Jim Harbaugh backs his backup quarterbacks
Posted by Mike Wilkening on August 17, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptzkota3mza3ntcwztc2mjcxmjy0yte5mgjlnzvlymjl.jpeg
AP

In two exhibition games, 49ers backup quarterbacks Blaine Gabbert, Josh Johnson and McLeod Bethel-Thompson have led San Francisco to zero points.

But head coach Jim Harbaugh reportedly isn’t inclined to bring in other options at the position.

“We got good quarterbacks,” Harbaugh said after the 49ers’ 34-0 home loss to Denver on Sunday, according to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com.

49ers top reserve quarterback Blaine Gabbert was 8-of-14 for 40 yards against the Broncos, and he was picked once on a long pass down the seam. Overall, Gabbert is 11-of-25 for 60 yards with two interceptions in the preseason. Thompson, the fourth-stringer, has also been picked twice.

Johnson has been the best of the three quarterbacks in exhibition play, completing 8-of-11 passes for 72 yards, but he lost a fumble against Denver.

Any changes the 49ers could make at backup quarterback might not come until teams cut their rosters to 53 players on Saturday, August 30 — two days after San Francisco’s preseason finale at Houston. Last year, the Packers added two reserve passers (Seneca Wallace, Scott Tolzien) after San Francisco released them in late August.

For now, it’s on the 49ers’ backup quarterbacks to show Harbaugh’s faith is well-founded. The backups figure to see their least action of the preseason next Sunday vs. San Diego, but they will be busy at Houston, with starter Colin Kaepernick a candidate to get the entire night off.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Seems that the 9ers board is similar to Ramstalk... I did like the "fans" being convinced that the sky is actually falling. Bandwagoners who will probably support the Shehawks next year.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
-- although I haven't been overly impressed with our pre-season results-- the whiners have been abysmal , it's quite sad really hehehehehehe

NW0ti4s.gif

It's hard to read anything from preseason, so many players who won't be playing in the regular season playing.

That said their starters lost 17-0, that can't be very encouraging.