The Walking Dead season 8

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah it's losing the "must watch" status. I'll watch it till it ends but I used to refuse to miss an episode live. Now I'm kinda like "meh".

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah it's losing the "must watch" status. I'll watch it till it ends but I used to refuse to miss an episode live. Now I'm kinda like "meh".

I just watched the last two episodes. Honestly the show has grown old, I'm over it now really. Very little interest.

Westerberg

UDFA
I've been watching since the beginning, I always stick shows out till the end. This is getting rough though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They announced on Talking Dead that Lenny James, "Morgan" is going to cross over and be part of the Fear the Walking dead cast. Not sure how they'll pull this off, being that WD is several years after the outbreak while Fear is only several months from the beginning

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mid season finale coming up and nothing has happened yet. Seriously could have made the entire 1st half in a 1 hour episode

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Mid season finale coming up and nothing has happened yet. Seriously could have made the entire 1st half in a 1 hour episode
But then there wouldn't be 600 billion commercials to sit through.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Can't stand Rick's fake southern accent. I'm seriously rooting for Negan to win because of that alone, whenever I pop in to watch the show that is, which is less and less these days.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Can't stand Rick's fake southern accent. I'm seriously rooting for Negan to win because of that alone, whenever I pop in to watch the show that is, which is less and less these days.
Have you heard him speak normally in interviews? He sounds like one of the Month Python dudes.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Have you heard him speak normally in interviews? He sounds like one of the Month Python dudes.

Yes. The writers could have made him some British dude who was here on a work visa when the zombie mess started and it would have worked better. :sneaky:

It's nearly as ridiculous when an American does a bad British accent, lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yes. The writers could have made him some British dude who was here on a work visa when the zombie mess started and it would have worked better. :sneaky:

It's nearly as ridiculous when an American does a bad British accent, lol.
Yeah, it's a bit over the top, but he does a fairly good job of not sounding British - like at all. My favorite though, is when he calls on Carl. Sounds like Coral most of the time.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The latest Garbage Pals storyline was ridiculous, top to bottom.

The Michonne, "I just need to see it" bit was dumb. Then following it up with, "we just don't get to know", even dumber.

Darryl giving the Saviors a way out by parking a garbage truck in the front door...idiotic. my guess is one guy gets to the truck then the others jump into from the Windows as he drives by. He should have had explosives in the truck to destroy it and create a bigger hole.....or leave it be.

These writers have destroyed a good thing. If I was part of the cast, I'd be like, WTF? and then laughing and crying at the same time. It reminds me of those awful in house shows on the Sci-first network.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to enjoy Talking Dead, kind of extended the WD when it was good. Now that show is truly laughable. Week after week they have guests on talking about how great the show is when the whole world knows it sucks.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
These writers have destroyed a good thing.

I've been calling for new writers for awhile, this went from one of the best shows on TV to one of the worst.

It's actually become stupid, I've stopped watching and have been following this thread to see if it was worth revisiting..........alas.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've been calling for new writers for awhile, this went from one of the best shows on TV to one of the worst.

It's actually become stupid, I've stopped watching and have been following this thread to see if it was worth revisiting..........alas.

Yep. Stupid is a good way to explain it. I yearn for the deep interpersonal conflict between Shane, Lori and Rick. The tense moment where Carl shoots Shane. Carol shooting crazy little innocent girl, and Rick pulling a zombie and chewing some assholes neck apart. They were great moments.

Right about the Sanctuary part is where it started to come apart. Carol attacking right at the perfect moment to stop the group from being turned into soup was too scripted. The new characters lacked depth. Eugene is a cartoon, Rosalina is nobody, and Abraham was underlined as a big dumb ape. Albania Masterson (Tara) is a terrible actress. Chandler Riggs is not a good actor either. He got a pass as a kid but he is old enough now to have started honing his craft. Darryl suddenly turned into some dopey reactive mess. He is totally out of the old Darryl character. I loved his back story unfolding early on and his brother Merle was a fantastic character. We don't get any of that stuff anymore. Everyone is just blah. There is no depth, or consistency anymore.

Did they change writers somewhere down the line? If I was Kirkman I wouldn't want to be associated with the show anymore.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well tonight was their "midseason finale", the show won't be back until February. And my oh my they left us on a cliff hanger.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So, yeah. Rick grabs a gun during the scuffle and gets knocked out the window. Fair enough. But instead of walking back to the window which is now gone, and emptying his clip into Neegan, he ..... runs away.

C'MON.