The Walking Dead season 8

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Well it kicked off tonight! Who else watched it. I'm not going to throw any spoilers out but it's going to be talked about soon! I watched and liked the start hoping others enjoyed it too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hated this one.

I mean, C'MON! He was right there.
Take the shot.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to try and hold off on watching week to week, doubt I can wait all season, but if recent seasons history repeats itself, it will be:
Season opener- Awesome!
2nd episode until episode prior to mid season finale- yawn
Mid season finale- Awesome!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hated this one.

Take the shot.
Come on how can you think they'd kill him off in the premiere :p Though I sat there during that scene wondering how the season would go if they did hahaha

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Come on how can you think they'd kill him off in the premiere :p Though I sat there during that scene wondering how the season would go if they did hahaha
This one irritated me, man. Even my sister called during it and said the same thing. "SHOOT HIM!". lol. The funniest part (to me) was when they showed that dude up in the tree stand. As soon as they showed him, I said to my wife, "well shit ... that dude is in a completely vulnera (gets shot with arrow) ble position. Ok then. Nevermind."

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I read that this was the lowest rated opener in some years.

I've binge watched the show since it hit Netflix and it's been up and down like almost all series are. I can stream it or watch it on TV but I haven't yet.

Maybe I'll watch this episode via stream just for fun.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Alright I just watched it, and it wasn't bad but not stellar either.

The plot is becoming stale.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alright I just watched it, and it wasn't bad but not stellar either.

The plot is becoming stale.
Yeah happens to a lot of shows after 100 episodes.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This show isn't nearly as good as it used to be. Yeah, I would have killed Neegan a dozen times by now.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah happens to a lot of shows after 100 episodes.

They could save the show (IMO) by shifting the plot slightly. If you remember early on there was a scientist working on a cure. If they incorporated that with maybe a long journey across the country to finish a drug that would fix the epidemic or a way to kill off all the zombies they could get 3 or more seasons out of that.

I don't see them getting that much out of the "bad guy of the year" stuff.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They could save the show (IMO) by shifting the plot slightly. If you remember early on there was a scientist working on a cure. If they incorporated that with maybe a long journey across the country to finish a drug that would fix the epidemic or a way to kill off all the zombies they could get 3 or more seasons out of that.

I don't see them getting that much out of the "bad guy of the year" stuff.
True but they aren't going to be able to switch from Negan easily. He's too popular of a bad guy to go down fast or easy. They're kind of stuck with the plot line this season.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
True but they aren't going to be able to switch from Negan easily. He's too popular of a bad guy to go down fast or easy. They're kind of stuck with the plot line this season.

Yes they are, it would have to wait until the end of the season and be a teaser, which would help ratings for the opener next year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes they are, it would have to wait until the end of the season and be a teaser, which would help ratings for the opener next year.
Plot twist! Negan was the scientist researching the cure then his wife was killed and he went bat $)&( crazy and became the sadistic bastard he is now :sneaky:

Ok that's more of a South Park plot than TWD so maybe not.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Hated this one.

Take the shot.

This is why they have to kill off all the military guys, I would have shot him long ago, dude always walks outside and stands there like an asshole. Easy target.

It was stupid that he was trying to kill him later on after he had aimed elsewhere earlier.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is why they have to kill off all the military guys, I would have shot him long ago, dude always walks outside and stands there like an icehole. Easy target.

It was stupid that he was trying to kill him later on after he had aimed elsewhere earlier.
The writers tried to justify that (weakly) by having Rick say he only wanted/needed to kill one guy before they got there. Why? Why the compassion now? The other 4 people standing with Negan were complete assholes who rained atrocities on people Rick knew. And you wanna spare them? GTFO. 15 guns pointed right at the guy, and you let him talk? lol. Spray those fuckers. All of 'em.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I agree @-X- that's a poor excuse and it strains the credulity of the situation.

Who wouldn't have shot Negan? I'd guess the guys who watched him kill someone he had been with since the get go and saved his life years back would be first on that list. I want to shoot Rick for NOT shooting at least him, and frankly yeah they should have unloaded on all of them.

The writers to to bring in some help. I wouldn't replace them because they have a feel for the actors and directors, but they need some new fresh thinking.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
They want to keep it closer to the comics I guess, it's all very annoying.

I assure all of you, if the zombies come, I'll bust out my ghillie suit, grab my rifle, and shoot guys like Negan immediately after they killed my friends that way. Would have crawled up outside his place and shot him as soon as he stuck his head out for any reason. While his idiot seconds run over I'd pop them too and leave it in chaos.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I get Negan is cocky but there is no way in that situation, after just being in a gun fight at Alexandria, does he come out on the porch.

Scott Gimple was hinting at a fast an furious beginning. This beginning was more slow and plodding. And the elaborate scheme to use the zombies has been done before. If they run the herd at them, then why not stand back and pick off as many of Negan's men as they can while they are busy fighting the Zombies?

The plot I hate is the one where Rick wants to go back to the good life and refuses to fight. At what point will he realize that whenever a threat is present, you can't ignore it. It makes him seem to fragile.

And the Zombies have been too marginalized. They are no longer a threat to the group. I think they messed up by making them too easy to kill. They should be a constant threat. Poking them in the head with a staff shouldn't be enough. Enid shouldn't be able to casually put a knife in a zombies skull. Neither should any of those skinny women on the show. They would need a weapon that had some force behind it, like a heavy tomahawk. Ricks boy scout axe has too short of a handle and the broad blade wouldn't penetrate efficiently enough. The weapons likely would get stuck in a zombies head now and then. Taking zombies out of the equation was a big mistake.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The writers to to bring in some help. I wouldn't replace them because they have a feel for the actors and directors, but they need some new fresh thinking.
I agree.
The show is awful.
I waited 3 weeks to see what was up. Watched all 3 episodes, and was bored to tears. Longest gun fight in history.
Cant believe they stretched it out over 3 entire episodes and it still aint done.
Judith is like 4 now, she was a baby last season and Maggie still isnt showing signs of being pregnant.
Where do they keep getting all the bullets and gas??