LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sweet! How would you rate the story, sir?? (from 1 - 10) ;-)

I'd say a 7 or an 8. It's an open world game, so some of the missions will be a little tedious, but that's to be expected, most of the missions are fun, and jumping in and out of online games for hacking other players is pretty seamless and fun.

It's not a masterpiece (for the record I only give The Last of Us that 10 score, at least for recent games), but it's a solid game that's enjoyable. I'd put it a notch or two below GTA V/ Elder Scrolls games in terms of open world.

Last edited:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Picked up Persona 5 last week, definitely more enjoyable experience than BotW for me. Would recommend if you're into turn-based RPG games, there's a lot of polish.

Also recommend getting Best Buy Gamer's Club if you're heavily invested to playing games. It's only $30 for 2 years and 20% off on new games, 10% off used. Amazon Prime has the 20% off promo too but it's only applicable for preorders and 2 weeks after release.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Picked up Persona 5 last week, definitely more enjoyable experience than BotW for me. Would recommend if you're into turn-based RPG games, there's a lot of polish.

Also recommend getting Best Buy Gamer's Club if you're heavily invested to playing games. It's only $30 for 2 years and 20% off on new games, 10% off used. Amazon Prime has the 20% off promo too but it's only applicable for preorders and 2 weeks after release.

Persona is so good. How far are you? Found out I'm in the last dungeon. Spoiler free tip, December 20th or 21st is the last day to work on the social links with all the characters.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Persona is so good. How far are you? Found out I'm in the last dungeon. Spoiler free tip, December 20th or 21st is the last day to work on the social links with all the characters.

Just beat the first dungeon so far; playing on hard so there'll be numerous hiccups for me here and there. It does a good job making me express utter disdain on fictional characters. I'll keep the deadline in mind, I tend to be balanced on focusing individual skills and establishing Confidants.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Finally beat Horizon Zero Dawn. What a great ending sequence. The final battles were so much fun.

On to Injustice 2. BUTTON MASHING TYME.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon are coming out in November. Can't wait to see if there's any new Alolan forms or Ultra Beasts. I know that I'm going to be Nuzlocking one of them.

On another note, I played Mass Effect: Andromeda and I loved every moment of it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Still playing Prey. Taking my time with it. Liking it alot.

Jumped into Killing Floor 2 last week. It's free on PSN this month for PS plus members. Wow this game is a friggin blast. Intense.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Can't wait for Shadow of War and Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon to come out. Shadow of War is the successor to Shadow of Mordor, by the way.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I got bored rather quickly with Injustice. Takes too long to level.

Going back to For Honor. They've improved it quite a bit I think. Pretty fun.

Just waiting until the new Assassin's Creed.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Pokemon UltraSun and UltraMoon are coming out in November. Can't wait to see if there's any new Alolan forms or Ultra Beasts. I know that I'm going to be Nuzlocking one of them.

On another note, I played Mass Effect: Andromeda and I loved every moment of it.

Will say this is the weakest installments of the series. Was hoping there would be more depth but so far the designs feel lazy (I like Lycanroc's dusk form but a recolor is blatantly lazy)

Just disappointed with the lack of postgame content after an excellent storyline on the previous game. Hoping GameFreak is hiding info to sucker punch us with good content.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Will say this is the weakest installments of the series. Was hoping there would be more depth but so far the designs feel lazy (I like Lycanroc's dusk form but a recolor is blatantly lazy)

Just disappointed with the lack of postgame content after an excellent storyline on the previous game. Hoping GameFreak is hiding info to sucker punch us with good content.

Maybe they have a bombshell waiting to be dropped, such as Johto Alolan-forms, the Pokemon World Tournament in BW2 coming back, maybe even Pokemon walking with the trainer (they supposedly have every Pokemon overworld sprite in the system, so I wouldn't be shocked if that happened.) No info yet, but maybe things will change for the better. I'll still be buying because I fucking love Pokemon so much, but yeah, so far, it seems a bit lackluster.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Maybe they have a bombshell waiting to be dropped, such as Johto Alolan-forms, the Pokemon World Tournament in BW2 coming back, maybe even Pokemon walking with the trainer (they supposedly have every Pokemon overworld sprite in the system, so I wouldn't be shocked if that happened.) No info yet, but maybe things will change for the better. I'll still be buying because I freaking love Pokemon so much, but yeah, so far, it seems a bit lackluster.

Pretty sure the backlash Nintendo got for making a 3DS sequel after expectations of a Switch game, they're going full Star Wars and just letting us play the game without any significant new info.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Pretty sure the backlash Nintendo got for making a 3DS sequel after expectations of a Switch game, they're going full Star Wars and just letting us play the game without any significant new info.

I don't get the backlash. What's wrong with another 3DS game? You know that they're going to switch to the Switch (pun intended) sometime. What's with all the hate?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I don't get the backlash. What's wrong with another 3DS game? You know that they're going to switch to the Switch (pun intended) sometime. What's with all the hate?

Everyone was just hyped about seeing a new Pokemon game with Switch graphics. Personally, I'm glad Nintendo is taking their time to maximize the potential of gameplay and hardware. Being a game dev is challenging in meeting at least most of your consumers' expectations.

Certainly glad though that Nintendo focuses more on innovating gameplay than pushing hardware to its limits. Cost of game development will continue to rise, especially with attempts of trying to make games run at 4k/60fps *cough* Microsoft *cough*

Memento

Name
Jemma
Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon is coming out tomorrow! I can't wait! :D

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Man, I feel old.

I'm still playing WoW after 11 years.

Can't get into consoles because my hands aren't reliable and losing a challenge because my fingers decide to just push random buttons isn't fun.

And being on a Mac, my choices are so limited. Don't get me wrong, I love WoW and D3, but it'd be nice to have more choices than Blizzard games or crappy ports.

I'm thinking of trying to find less button mashing games that are more story oriented for the Xbox One. I've heard that Persona is really good, but I dunno.

The last thing I care about is the latest and greatest. Old games that are awesome that might be in the bargain bin works for me.