LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
So I've been geeking out for a couple of weeks on World of Warships. Done by the World of Tanks people it's WW1 and WW2 ships you go around in a free (with cash store type options) MMO and gun others down. It's pretty darn fun I can sit down and play a couple matches before I realize I've spent 2 hours blowing up battleships :D

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Hell yeah.

IMG_0624.JPG

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
"No Man's Sky" delayed until August. My next big gaming purchase.

Man hope you weren't disappointed with the hype Sony was putting. Hope this game will be the poster child of caveat emptor in the video game industry.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Just over a week until Skyrim Special Edition comes out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I will be playing some Civ 6 this weekend when not watching soccer or football.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Man hope you weren't disappointed with the hype Sony was putting. Hope this game will be the poster child of caveat emptor in the video game industry.
Wow yeah, but here's my honest take after putting in enough hrs to platinum this game. (and i'm still playing occasionally).

Yeah the game failed on what was promised through Hello Games' promotion hype train. Sean Murray lied and i get why gamers are mad and demanded refunds etc.... the game is a bit shallow and feels unfinished but it's an enjoyable game for what it is IMO. I think alot of the hate comes from a certain (very large) gamer demographic that just doesn't understand how to play a game that isn't competitive or contain online multiplayer anymore.

WAY overpriced at $60. This is what irritated me the most once i figured out the amount of content delivered.
$30 price tag would've probably lessened the overwhelming amount of backlash by quite a bit IMO.

I'm holding out hope for some free DLC that might fill in the gaps. I stress the term FREE, Lol,
No way they can attempt to charge a dime for any new content. If they do they'll bury themselves forever. They may already have.
To their credit, Hello Games did fix all the bugs, crashes that plagued it upon release with the early patches.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
When No Man's Sky first came out I couldn't stop playing it. Exploring a planet and it's life forms and then flying to space and seeing the true size of the game was amazing.

I couldn't help but get excited flying from planet to planet, wondering what would be there to explore. Then that started to fade after finding a bunch of barren planets in a row with hardly anything worth my time.

So I'll admit I stopped playing for now but with hopes of new content coming soon and then I'm gonna be hooked all over again.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Wow yeah, but here's my honest take after putting in enough hrs to platinum this game. (and i'm still playing occasionally).

Yeah the game failed on what was promised through Hello Games' promotion hype train. Sean Murray lied and i get why gamers are mad and demanded refunds etc.... the game is a bit shallow and feels unfinished but it's an enjoyable game for what it is IMO. I think alot of the hate comes from a certain (very large) gamer demographic that just doesn't understand how to play a game that isn't competitive or contain online multiplayer anymore.

WAY overpriced at $60. This is what irritated me the most once i figured out the amount of content delivered.
$30 price tag would've probably lessened the overwhelming amount of backlash by quite a bit IMO.

I'm holding out hope for some free DLC that might fill in the gaps. I stress the term FREE, Lol,
No way they can attempt to charge a dime for any new content. If they do they'll bury themselves forever. They may already have.
To their credit, Hello Games did fix all the bugs, crashes that plagued it upon release with the early patches.

Honestly have no sympathy for the people who pre-order games in the first place. The whole mentality of being gathered like sheep into unnecessary hype just encourages shitty business practices. After ordering Battlefield 3 and being disappointed by it, I pretty much have a strong caveat emptor approach when it comes to buying not only video games but things in general.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Anybody playing Battlefield 1? That shit is fucking intense.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Glad you're enjoying it. Been disappointed with EA titles though so I wouldn't even poke it with a stick.

It's really good. The multiplayer is insane, still trying to work out what the heck is going on. I was never really that into the futuristic style games so was really pleased to see a return to a historical setting.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It's really good. The multiplayer is insane, still trying to work out what the heck is going on. I was never really that into the futuristic style games so was really pleased to see a return to a historical setting.

I wish they had modes that made it more true to realism, everyone having automatics with all sorts of fancy upgrades is a little much.. Sure, those weapons existed, but they weren't mass produced, it was typically bolt action rifles.

My biggest hope is that they're going to follow it up with another Battlefield 1942 (1944 perhaps since they did 1943 already?)... It would be amazing, but they'd need to stay away from all the stupid fancy upgrades.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

My main gripe on Battlefield games since BF3 is that some kills are cheap and undeserving (comprised mostly of snipers or tanks against ill prepared squadrons) Queuing solo is basically a coinflip of spawning with a good or bad team. I will say that this game is designed to be enjoyed to its fullest potential when playing with 4 or more friends. Good coordination will allow highly rewarding wins.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
28 days!!!! Just 28!!!! Been waiting since 2006 when they announced they were making it. Almost went ape shit when they pushed back the release from September 30th to November 29th. And if they push it back again I will fly to Square Enix HQ and go postal!!! In 28 days one of the greatest(It will rival 7 and 10 easily) final fantasy games will be mine!!!! I have played both demo's multiple times and need this. I have watched the FFXV movie Kingsglaive 3 times already(great CGI movie btw). It will consume hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of hours of my life but be well worth it. FF XV is almost here!!!!! Witcher 3 is holding me at bay, but honestly I can hardly play it or any other game due to waiting for this game. 28 more days!!!!!!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Don't plan on getting it because I can't invest the time to play it again due to FFXV coming soon(as you read in my previous post), but a good friend of mine who is a diehard Elder Scrolls fan bought Skyrim remastered Friday and told me it's glitchy as hell, and the biggest change in graphics is the sky an thats about it. Some new weapons and armor and quests but extremely glitchy.....Just letting anyone know who was thinking about getting it. Doesn't sound worth the $60.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
28 days!!!! Just 28!!!! Been waiting since 2006 when they announced they were making it. Almost went ape crap when they pushed back the release from September 30th to November 29th. And if they push it back again I will fly to Square Enix HQ and go postal!!! In 28 days one of the greatest(It will rival 7 and 10 easily) final fantasy games will be mine!!!! I have played both demo's multiple times and need this. I have watched the FFXV movie Kingsglaive 3 times already(great CGI movie btw). It will consume hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of hours of my life but be well worth it. FF XV is almost here!!!!! Witcher 3 is holding me at bay, but honestly I can hardly play it or any other game due to waiting for this game. 28 more days!!!!!!!

I'm so ready.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Don't plan on getting it because I can't invest the time to play it again due to FFXV coming soon(as you read in my previous post), but a good friend of mine who is a diehard Elder Scrolls fan bought Skyrim remastered Friday and told me it's glitchy as hell, and the biggest change in graphics is the sky an thats about it. Some new weapons and armor and quests but extremely glitchy.....Just letting anyone know who was thinking about getting it. Doesn't sound worth the $60.

I will start this post by saying that I would've bought the remastered Skyrim in any event because I love the game and its been ages since I played it on the 360.

I also got it on Friday and it hasn't been glitchy for me so far (I know you're just relaying what you're buddy is saying). The graphics overhaul (which lets face it was the whole point of re-releasing it) isn't as noticeable as I thought it would be. The snowy parts of Skyrim do look much better and the overall lighting is improved but its been a bit underwhelming in that regard.

But having said that, as mentioned above, I was going to buy it anyway and I'm enjoying it all over again.

Splitting my time between that and Elite Dangerous.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I will start this post by saying that I would've bought the remastered Skyrim in any event because I love the game and its been ages since I played it on the 360.

I also got it on Friday and it hasn't been glitchy for me so far (I know you're just relaying what you're buddy is saying). The graphics overhaul (which lets face it was the whole point of re-releasing it) isn't as noticeable as I thought it would be. The snowy parts of Skyrim do look much better and the overall lighting is improved but its been a bit underwhelming in that regard.

But having said that, as mentioned above, I was going to buy it anyway and I'm enjoying it all over again.

Splitting my time between that and Elite Dangerous.
I might get it in a couple years. Spending 6 months on a game I went through already is a tall order when I have prior arrangements but understand why you'd do it.

My friend told me he has had issues with frozen waterfalls and enemies dropping from the sky(which I encountered in the original). Said you can see enemies further away though too which is nice.