LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh mass effect 3.... I probably probably liked it more than most but they definitely took a couple steps back from 2's greatness. 2 is in my top 5 games of all times.

Played a little over an hour of fallout 4 and so far so great.

I honestly thought that 3 was just as good as 2...except for the final fifteen minutes of gameplay. I loved the multiplayer concept, I loved the new enemies, I loved the new characters and the reintroduction of old ones. But 2 wins out because it didn't have Starchild and because most of the team options were amazing (I still wish that they had done a better job with human characters - Shep, Jack, and Vega aside.)

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Oh mass effect 3.... I probably probably liked it more than most but they definitely took a couple steps back from 2's greatness. 2 is in my top 5 games of all times.

Played a little over an hour of fallout 4 and so far so great.
I'll be playing soon too. Any bugs so far?

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I honestly thought that 3 was just as good as 2...except for the final fifteen minutes of gameplay. I loved the multiplayer concept, I loved the new enemies, I loved the new characters and the reintroduction of old ones. But 2 wins out because it didn't have Starchild and because most of the team options were amazing (I still wish that they had done a better job with human characters - Shep, Jack, and Vega aside.)

Oh that ending... What were they thinking? I mean I didn't hate it especially after the extension but damn it could have been a million times better.

Garuss was my favorite character in the series. Always used him and then would rotate the others for bit before settling on Ashley (me1), the sniper guy (can't remember his name right now, for me 2) and Liara for 3.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Is Star Wars as boring as people say? I've heard and read reviews saying its great at first but there's nothing special after a while. I'm talking gameplay and missions, obviously it's the best looking and sounding game out there.

Schmitzer

UDFA
A little late for the party, but I finally got a used copy of Madden 25 to tide me over until it's Madden 15 time. I still wonder what they're going to call the game in 10 years.

Long, long ago, (Sega years) Madden wasn't as smart as today. The best play was fake field goal, almost unstoppable. After a touchback, first and 10 from the 20, we'd try fake field goal. Of course Madden would say, "This will be a ninety-seven yard attempt....It's a FAKE!". Had us rolling. Good times.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Updating Pokemon:

Holy shit, this hack is hard. When the evil Team grunts can almost take out a Pokemon of mine twice, and I have to have the AI bail me out because I was underleveled, that's bad, but when I can't capture damn Pokemon because certain ones that I can't capture can waste me easily, that's when it gets ridiculous. I have to start grinding like absolute HELL, otherwise, one of my psychics is going to get killed. I've already had several close calls (no deaths, thank fate), but I lost a damn capture (fuckin' Abra and their teleporting shenanigans), and right now, I need to go and grind and grind and grind because if I'm almost losing Pokemon now, then Burgh is going to absolutely waste my ass with his stupid bugs. Burgh scares the absolute shit out of me.

Otherwise...I don't have my video games with me. So I can't even do other stuff.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well i've been headlong into Fallout 4 on PS4 for several days now. Maybe some SPOILERS in this post!
I'm currently a Lvl 25. Started the game on the default difficulty( It was far too easy) so i jumped up to the survivor difficulty before i even got out of the vault. So after reaching Lvl 5 and getting murdered by by Super Mutants and radscorpions already, i decided to go with the Very hard difficulty and it has been just about perfect IMO in terms of a real challenge without throwing my controller across the room in frustration. For seasoned gamers i would recommend either HARD or VERY HARD difficulty.

I played the shit out of FO 3 and New Vegas, two play through's on both games. Here are some of my thoughts on what i like and maybe what's missing with FO 4

What i like:
-The addition of gameplay that involves building & managing settlements(towns). It's basically a Sim game within a game. It directly affects the game and story too. That stuff is pretty cool.
-The weapon & armor mods are cool, also the introduction of some new & creative weapons. I've managed to get my hands on a weapon called the Broadsider. It shoots cannonballs, Lol. The higher level of difficulty you choose, you will find more legendary weapons.
-There are some added challenges to the every day environments.
-I like that if you have been a true hoarder in the past(like me) that everything you find has it's usefulness in this Fallout world. An example being...if you pick up a camera in the wasteland you are getting gears, springs and crystals. If you grab a simple coffee cup you're getting ceramic. When you pick up a plunger you're getting wood and rubber. You can sell this junk as always, but each "junk" item contains materials that can be used to build things in your settlement or be used in crafting armor and/or weapon mods.
-For the most part this is Fallout. They didn't F it up. Vast, open world with hundreds of interesting locations, characters, wildlife, quests. Go at your own pace. They stuck to the core of what made the other games special.
-The SPECIAL perk system is improved and much clearer to use and blend.
-The gunplay and combat is improved without making it Call of Duty.
-They've added some things to the companions that tend to give it a more immersive feel to the game. They have opinions, feelings etc. Your actions, skills or lack thereof in game will effect how they view your character. They can still fuck things up in combat but there is a perk that makes them less likely to do so.
-Far less buggy.

Things i miss:
-Weapons, armor and clothing. They do not disintegrate with use, nor do they have a specific "condition." Thus, there's no need to "combine" and "repair" using like items.
-General karma system. It seems to be pretty much gone. That is the main reason i played thru the other Fallout's multiple times. The good guy, the neutral guy and the scourge of humanity. That was fun stuff.
-The one on one conversations have been altered visually and your character speaks. It's not a big deal but i think i like the old school Gordon Freeman first person silent treatment and just choosing your dialogue via text. That's just me.
-The map...it seems smaller to me. Granted i haven't explored the entire thing, and reports online have suggested it's the same or larger than previous FO maps. Idk.

Anyway, those are my thoughts about halfway thru this thing. I highly recommend it to FO fans and of course anyone who was into Skyrim, Elder Scrolls etc...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Here's a screenshot of me and my companion/girlfriend. I dressed her myself
:D
11234041_10207713656136443_8958828856461878018_n.jpg

TXRams86

The Infamous
Well i've been headlong into Fallout 4 on PS4 for several days now. Maybe some SPOILERS in this post!......

I had never played Fallout short of a few minutes on Fallout 3 (never even made it outside the shelter). I pre-ordered Fallout 4 only because I got $10 in rewards certificates from BestBuy and I desperately needed to update my Xbox One collection with a few new games. My nephew and best friend always raved about how awesome of a game Fallout 3 was so I gave it a shot the evening I picked up my pre-order.

This game has become an addiction to me. I've strayed from the story and have gone around exploring various portions of the map (i've stuck to the west side of the map primarily). I was a little confused at first about stuff like crafting and the perks but I've picked up on them. If I hit a large stock pile of "stuff" I'll clear the building and try to take as much as I can. I'll walk back to my settlement (Red Rocket on the Northwest portion of the map). This alone takes 20-30 minutes depending on how far I am. This game is just loads of fun once you start building, crafting and hoarding shit. Hahaha.

I'd give it a solid 9/10 in terms of gameplay and the graphics and story aren't too shabby either! I love it.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Is Star Wars as boring as people say? I've heard and read reviews saying its great at first but there's nothing special after a while. I'm talking gameplay and missions, obviously it's the best looking and sounding game out there.

It'll get repetitive with it's replay value glowing when you're playing with friends. Other than that, games published by EA tend to be wasted potential. That abominable Origin client will autoban mod users for PC. Very counterproductive for a bottomline company who wants sustainable sales in the long-run. I stopped buying games made by EA after Battlefield 3, just plain disappointment.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It'll get repetitive with it's replay value glowing when you're playing with friends. Other than that, games published by EA tend to be wasted potential. That abominable Origin client will autoban mod users for PC. Very counterproductive for a bottomline company who wants sustainable sales in the long-run. I stopped buying games made by EA after Battlefield 3, just plain disappointment.

Thought so. And you're 100% right about EA.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Star Wars is fun for the fact it's Star Wars. In terms of what you're getting it's not much.

However I had a blast during the Beta. My buddies who have it all love it as well. The DLCs will give more to the game, but it they overcharge still. Either way, I love Star Wars and don't spend a lot on video games (I typically buy 1-3 games per year max) so the cost isn't a deal breaker.

The sounds alone are almost enough, and visually it is stunning.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I had never played Fallout short of a few minutes on Fallout 3 (never even made it outside the shelter). I pre-ordered Fallout 4 only because I got $10 in rewards certificates from BestBuy and I desperately needed to update my Xbox One collection with a few new games. My nephew and best friend always raved about how awesome of a game Fallout 3 was so I gave it a shot the evening I picked up my pre-order.

This game has become an addiction to me. I've strayed from the story and have gone around exploring various portions of the map (i've stuck to the west side of the map primarily). I was a little confused at first about stuff like crafting and the perks but I've picked up on them. If I hit a large stock pile of "stuff" I'll clear the building and try to take as much as I can. I'll walk back to my settlement (Red Rocket on the Northwest portion of the map). This alone takes 20-30 minutes depending on how far I am. This game is just loads of fun once you start building, crafting and hoarding crap. Hahaha.

I'd give it a solid 9/10 in terms of gameplay and the graphics and story aren't too shabby either! I love it.
Addicting to be sure, Lol.
As i like to say when a new Fallout comes out...I get far more game sleep than real-life sleep.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Addicting to be sure, Lol.
As i like to say when a new Fallout comes out...I get far more game sleep than real-life sleep.
A buddy of mine, who played Fallout 3, came over and kept asking me shit like "are you a good or bad guy..?" "have you combined any weapons?"
I was really confused about wtf he was asking but I guess in Fallout 3 you take on a "persona" based on how you handle situations?
He also pissed me off because he plays the game so damn cautiously, in third person, and scares easily hahaha.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I've got an Xbox one, but no gold acct.

I play D3 on occasion, but that's it. I just started playing WoW again, but I dunno if I'll do much more than be casual because I can't seem to fit raiding into my schedule. I'd like to raid again, but every time I try, life punches me in the dick...hard. Which is fine, I take it like a Dad (every Dad knows what I'm talking about...), but damn.

My son wants me to play games with him on the console, but honestly I'm not very good at using the console. I suck using the controllers.

TXRams86

The Infamous
So, nobody plays Mortal Kombat X?
I did...for maybe the first 3 days I had it.
The biggest mistake I ALWAYS make when buying games is I buy too many at once.
With MKX I got GTA V, Madden 16 and Wolfenstein.
It got hard to stick with one but I was going crazy with GTA.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Well i've been headlong into Fallout 4 on PS4 for several days now. Maybe some SPOILERS in this post!
I'm currently a Lvl 25. Started the game on the default difficulty( It was far too easy) so i jumped up to the survivor difficulty before i even got out of the vault. So after reaching Lvl 5 and getting murdered by by Super Mutants and radscorpions already, i decided to go with the Very hard difficulty and it has been just about perfect IMO in terms of a real challenge without throwing my controller across the room in frustration. For seasoned gamers i would recommend either HARD or VERY HARD difficulty.

I played the crap out of FO 3 and New Vegas, two play through's on both games. Here are some of my thoughts on what i like and maybe what's missing with FO 4

What i like:
-The addition of gameplay that involves building & managing settlements(towns). It's basically a Sim game within a game. It directly affects the game and story too. That stuff is pretty cool.
-The weapon & armor mods are cool, also the introduction of some new & creative weapons. I've managed to get my hands on a weapon called the Broadsider. It shoots cannonballs, Lol. The higher level of difficulty you choose, you will find more legendary weapons.
-There are some added challenges to the every day environments.
-I like that if you have been a true hoarder in the past(like me) that everything you find has it's usefulness in this Fallout world. An example being...if you pick up a camera in the wasteland you are getting gears, springs and crystals. If you grab a simple coffee cup you're getting ceramic. When you pick up a plunger you're getting wood and rubber. You can sell this junk as always, but each "junk" item contains materials that can be used to build things in your settlement or be used in crafting armor and/or weapon mods.
-For the most part this is Fallout. They didn't F it up. Vast, open world with hundreds of interesting locations, characters, wildlife, quests. Go at your own pace. They stuck to the core of what made the other games special.
-The SPECIAL perk system is improved and much clearer to use and blend.
-The gunplay and combat is improved without making it Call of Duty.
-They've added some things to the companions that tend to give it a more immersive feel to the game. They have opinions, feelings etc. Your actions, skills or lack thereof in game will effect how they view your character. They can still freak things up in combat but there is a perk that makes them less likely to do so.
-Far less buggy.

Things i miss:
-Weapons, armor and clothing. They do not disintegrate with use, nor do they have a specific "condition." Thus, there's no need to "combine" and "repair" using like items.
-General karma system. It seems to be pretty much gone. That is the main reason i played thru the other Fallout's multiple times. The good guy, the neutral guy and the scourge of humanity. That was fun stuff.
-The one on one conversations have been altered visually and your character speaks. It's not a big deal but i think i like the old school Gordon Freeman first person silent treatment and just choosing your dialogue via text. That's just me.
-The map...it seems smaller to me. Granted i haven't explored the entire thing, and reports online have suggested it's the same or larger than previous FO maps. Idk.

Anyway, those are my thoughts about halfway thru this thing. I highly recommend it to FO fans and of course anyone who was into Skyrim, Elder Scrolls etc...
I've been playing fallout 4, I still haven't really figured out how to get more people to my settlement other than the ones who came with me from Cambridge and I haven't really figured out how to upgrade my weapons. I've been able to add a thing or two, but nothing to make them very powerful. Other than that, I love this game, it's tremendous. I do wish we could play as different types of people, ie the bad guy, nice guy, average guy, etc.

I also highly recommend it to anyone who's a Fallout or Elder Scrolls fan, it's just the best, really is

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've been playing fallout 4, I still haven't really figured out how to get more people to my settlement other than the ones who came with me from Cambridge and I haven't really figured out how to upgrade my weapons. I've been able to add a thing or two, but nothing to make them very powerful. Other than that, I love this game, it's tremendous. I do wish we could play as different types of people, ie the bad guy, nice guy, average guy, etc.

I also highly recommend it to anyone who's a Fallout or Elder Scrolls fan, it's just the best, really is
In the workshop build mode, it's under power> miscellaneous> recruitment radio beacon.
You'll need 2 circuitry, 2 crystal, 6 copper, 10 steel, 3 ceramic and 1 part rubber.