LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well...good news and bad news.

I lost my Nuzlocke today, and I will forever hate trainers who use Magmar and Electabuzz at ridiculously low levels. Marie Rae, my red Gyarados who couldn't faint during the run, was OHKOed by a thunderbolt at full health from that Electabuzz, who somehow managed to outspeed, which is bullshit. I checked the stats; there's no way it should've been able to outspeed Marie Rae. Ever. She was six full levels above it, but obviously, I didn't grind nearly enough. It's bullshit, but that's the rules. I'm done. My Nuzlocke ends today because of my rules. I have no excuses.

As for Shadow of Mordor, I've gotten back to branding, over to 93%. And I'm loving it.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Best preview yet.

I've never been into the Fallout series. But I honestly have never played it. I started Fallout 3, but got bored within the first 10 minutes. Maybe because I don't know the story? I don't know. Tell me what I need to know about it!

I keep seeing the pre-order available on amazon and best buy. I actually just got the best buy's gamers club unlocked. Pretty good $30 investment if you ask me. So..talk me into pre-ordering!

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
After playing the Star Wars Battlefront 3 Beta on Xbox One for the past few days, I'll two opinions I have made for this game.

Opinion #1: HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE BEST LOOKING GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN! The graphics just blew me away. I dare anyone to find a better looking game than Star Wars Battlefront 3. The environments this game puts you in actually feel like you're there in the Star Wars universe. Words don't even do justice to how beautiful this game looks.

Opinion #2: SWBF3 might be a little over-hyped. The Beta release only allowed users to play the missions "Walker Assault" (on Hoth), "Survival Guide" (a 5-level Tatoonie survival mode), and "Drop Zone" (a capture and secure mode on Sullust). While the graphics are fabulous on each map, they just didn't feel like the previous Battlefront games. There were no class to choose from before entering the game. There was no customization to armor or weapons. It felt like I was playing a little bit better Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin over it. And while I didn't expect DICE to show all their cards, I did feel like there should have been more and was a little disappointed.

Overall: I'm not too worried about my experience with the Beta release. EA has already looked at the statistics from their release and is working on fixing some issues they've encountered (ie: equaling the results on "Walker Assault" so the rebels can actually win). I'm hoping for the some customization options too. I realize that in the movies, there are no individual or unique armor for storm troopers, but this is 2015 - not 1977. If anything, I would like to see the classes added to the maps like the previous Battlefronts. Also, playing like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker was a blast! Nothing felt better then slicing through the enemy and deflecting bullets back at them. In the end this game WILL do justice to the Star Wars franchise and the Battlefront series. I can't wait to purchase the final product in stores!

If anyone else played the Battlefront Beta, I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences from the game!

TXRams86

The Infamous
After playing the Star Wars Battlefront 3 Beta on Xbox One for the past few days, I'll two opinions I have made for this game.

Opinion #1: HOLY crap THIS IS THE BEST LOOKING GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN! The graphics just blew me away. I dare anyone to find a better looking game than Star Wars Battlefront 3. The environments this game puts you in actually feel like you're there in the Star Wars universe. Words don't even do justice to how beautiful this game looks.

Opinion #2: SWBF3 might be a little over-hyped. The Beta release only allowed users to play the missions "Walker Assault" (on Hoth), "Survival Guide" (a 5-level Tatoonie survival mode), and "Drop Zone" (a capture and secure mode on Sullust). While the graphics are fabulous on each map, they just didn't feel like the previous Battlefront games. There were no class to choose from before entering the game. There was no customization to armor or weapons. It felt like I was playing a little bit better Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin over it. And while I didn't expect DICE to show all their cards, I did feel like there should have been more and was a little disappointed.

Overall: I'm not too worried about my experience with the Beta release. EA has already looked at the statistics from their release and is working on fixing some issues they've encountered (ie: equaling the results on "Walker Assault" so the rebels can actually win). I'm hoping for the some customization options too. I realize that in the movies, there are no individual or unique armor for storm troopers, but this is 2015 - not 1977. If anything, I would like to see the classes added to the maps like the previous Battlefronts. Also, playing like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker was a blast! Nothing felt better then slicing through the enemy and deflecting bullets back at them. In the end this game WILL do justice to the Star Wars franchise and the Battlefront series. I can't wait to purchase the final product in stores!

If anyone else played the Battlefront Beta, I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences from the game!

THIS is the game i'm looking forward to.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I loved the beta, I think the powerups are really good for a change of pace without slowing things down. They said they kept a few things hidden that we will get at final release, and they will have different modes for each map. Overall I'm excited for the game, I think it's going to be a blast.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As anyone played Batman: Arkham Knight? That game is fun. Roaming around Gotham in your Bat-tank (that's what I'm calling it) and destroying everything is a great way to relax.

There is also a really emotional scene in the story and with the graphics, they way it is unfolded is really beautiful (just got there today).

Oh yeah, can't wait for Assassin's Creed Syndicate this Friday!

Memento

Name
Jemma
As anyone played Batman: Arkham Knight? That game is fun. Roaming around Gotham in your Bat-tank (that's what I'm calling it) and destroying everything is a great way to relax.

There is also a really emotional scene in the story and with the graphics, they way it is unfolded is really beautiful (just got there today).

Oh yeah, can't wait for Assassin's Creed Syndicate this Friday!

Which scene was emotional? There's a lot of them in this game. This game apparently likes to kick people in the feels for shits and giggles.

On another note, I finally completed Shadow of Mordor 100%. I have five Warchiefs: Feldush the Wise (black feather helm warrior), Skun the Venomous (serpent helm archer), Ashgarn the Executioner (skull-patterned horned helmed berserker), Gorgum Raw-Head (a rag-covered headed archer whom I apparently caused pain and suffering to before I branded him), and Borgu Ranger-Killer (hooded warrior). I must say that it tied into the LotR lore nicely without taking away from any of it. There's a reason why this is considered canon by the LotR fandom.

On a Pokemon note, I've been breeding like crazy. I wish that they'd come out with a Darkrai and a Genesect event so that I can get those cuties, but alas...money.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Which scene was emotional? There's a lot of them in this game. This game apparently likes to kick people in the feels in the feels for shits and giggles.

Spoiler (highlight) Poison Ivy death. I liked the whole plant saving the city story line.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Spoiler (highlight) Poison Ivy death. I liked the whole plant saving the city story line.

That made me cry, I'm not going to lie. There's something that will hit you a LOT harder in the feels, though. I guarantee it. I won't spoil it, though.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I failed as a gamer... I forgot about the battlefront beta and didn't get to play it at all. So sad that in my head I did the Vader noooooo to cope.

@Angry Ram enjoy Arkham knight that game was so good.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm also playing NBA 2K16 (a.k.a., the best sports game on the fucking planet as of now). The story mode in My Player is actually quite sad at the beginning and it portrays fame and family and what it does quite well. I'm not very good at My Player, actually, but I'm killing it in MyGM mode. Using my created team (Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard, Jimmy Butler, Andrew Wiggins, Karl-Anthony Towns, Kristaps Porzingis, Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Victor Oladipo being my front nine). Trying to move the Atlanta Hawks back to St. Louis, and I'm going to get a lot of money to improve facilities at the new stadium. I'm also trying to get money to become a new owner, and I have a likely lottery pick after dealing Jahlil Okafor to the Pelicans for their first.

Yuri Kursov for Executive of the Year, baby!

Pho Kadat

Rookie
I've never been into the Fallout series. But I honestly have never played it. I started Fallout 3, but got bored within the first 10 minutes. Maybe because I don't know the story? I don't know. Tell me what I need to know about it!

I keep seeing the pre-order available on amazon and best buy. I actually just got the best buy's gamers club unlocked. Pretty good $30 investment if you ask me. So..talk me into pre-ordering!
For me, the Fallout series (and generally anything created by Bethesda) isn't so much about the overarching story but the exploration of smaller, optional stories woven in-between. In fact, most of the time, I ditch the main story and just plod around the world and see what kind fun things I can dig up. I think the highlight of this series in particular is the exploration of the various vaults and what odd social experiments went on there (or continue to go on).

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
picked up my copy of Halo 5 at midnight.
am i going to play it? no, not tonight.
laundry was calling instead.

I'm torn if I'm gonna play it tonight, my wife's alarm goes off at 3am for work and then the clock starts ticking for when my 5 month old baby girl wakes up. First world problems lol.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
My PS3 is on the brink of death. It's been on life support for the past year after I got the fan replaced at a local mom and pop shop. Waiting for a PS4 price drop, but damn, that XB1 Halo edition box and controller look effing sweet. Love the 2 tone grey with the blue accent. Never owned an xbox either, but that console looks badass. LOL

TXRams86

The Infamous
My PS3 is on the brink of death. It's been on life support for the past year after I got the fan replaced at a local mom and pop shop. Waiting for a PS4 price drop, but damn, that XB1 Halo edition box and controller look effing sweet. Love the 2 tone grey with the blue accent. Never owned an xbox either, but that console looks badass. LOL
have you ever played on an xbox 360/one controller?
that's what sold me on the xbox 360 when i already had a ps3.
that and the "exclusives" for the ps3 were pretty crappy at the time.
honestly, the only reason i got the ps3 back then was for blu-ray support (which i never used, downloaded my movies...shhhhhh)

TXRams86

The Infamous
so i went on a video game buying binge.
last night i saw that Titanfall + all DLC was $5 on the Xbox Store. had to pick it up, downloading to my console now.
then i went to best buy just now to take advantage of my buy 2 pre-owned games get the 3rd free.
ended up walking out with State of Decay - Year One Survival Edition, Dark Souls II - Scholar of the First Sin and Shadow of Mordor.
i was honestly wanting to come away with Tomb Raider - Definitive Edition but they didn't have it in stock used.
i settled for some of the better reviewed games that i have never played.

i'll probably go this weekend to take advantage of my $5 any new game on top of my 20% gamers club discount.
Gear of War - Ultimate Edition looks pretty good and at $29.99 right now i'd be taking it home for right around $20 (minus tax).
Microsoft also allows you to digitally download gears of war 1-4 for free if you purchased Ultimate Edition and have Xbox Live Gold.
not too shabby!

Angry Ram

Guys Assassin's Creed Syndicate is on point. The controls are much easier and there's a lot more room for you to run around. Graphically amazing, simple story, and surprisingly it's not as serious as other AC titles.

There's not a clusterfuck of side missions to do, but there is enough to spend lots of time in the world. And you kinda have to b/c the point is to free London from templars. And it's a blast doing so.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Guys Assassin's Creed Syndicate is on point. The controls are much easier and there's a lot more room for you to run around. Graphically amazing, simple story, and surprisingly it's not as serious as other AC titles.

There's not a clusterfuck of side missions to do, but there is enough to spend lots of time in the world. And you kinda have to b/c the point is to free London from templars. And it's a blast doing so.
I hated Unity to no end. Is it easier to fight in Syndicate? I mean, I kept getting killed everytime I tried to assassinate someone

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

I hated Unity to no end. Is it easier to fight in Syndicate? I mean, I kept getting killed everytime I tried to assassinate someone