LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Same here. Hope I don't have any issues

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pokemon update.

I started a new Nuzlocke in HeartGold. Here are the rules:

1. You must catch the first Pokemon that you see on each route and city. Kill it? Run from it? Too bad.
(1a.) If it's a dupe (a Pokemon you have that isn't already slain, then you may search for another Pokemon.
(1b.) Gifts are NOT allowed.
2. Any Pokemon that faints is dead and must be boxed forever.
3. You must nickname every one of your Pokemon. You're not called "Human," right? Why should they be different?
4. Starter Clause. Your starter cannot be boxed, and if he dies, the run is automatically failed.
5. Gyarados Clause. You MUST capture the Red Gyarados, and once it is captured, it MUST be the only water-type in your party and must be kept alive for the rest of the run. the run is automatically failed.
6. Stillborn Clause. No eggs. The Togepi egg must be boxed in Heaven the moment it is received.
7. Deicide. All legends must be killed for the run to be completed.

My Pokemon so far?

Lamar the Chikorita (male).
Fred the Pidgey (male).
Jamie the Spearow (female).

Wish me luck, guys. Because I think I might be fucking insane for doing this to myself. ;) :p

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I really think I need to get the Witcher.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Michael Fassbender was announced in the lead for the Assassin’s Creed movie about three years ago, but now we finally have our first look at him in the video game adaptation.

_1440692773.jpg

Pho Kadat

Rookie
I'm excited to finally get into current gen gaming starting with this year's Madden. I'm much less enthusiastic about digital downloads considering my crappy internet. 20 hours to download is infuriating, but they wouldn't call it Madden if it didn't make you mad, right?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think i'm getting too old for many of these modern online shooters. Game is too fast(unrealistically fast), there's a gazillion perks and loadouts, players running to the spawn with sniper rifles, everyone is a shotgun whore, perks that reward you for camping, players flying around, half the time you're left wondering..."Wait, wtf was that? How did i die?" And when you die you respawn immediately so there's no sense of true survival etc...

I long for the days of the first Resistance:Fall of Man, the original Modern Warfare etc..
Last of Us multiplayer is the only realistic, truly team based game i know of out there right now.
And how many shooters out there still allow you to beat guys over the head with a modded plank of wood when your ammo is low? And an upgraded simple revolver? Highly satisfying. :D
I dropped in late to this party.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I think i'm getting too old for many of these modern online shooters. Game is too fast(unrealistically fast), there's a gazillion perks and loadouts, players running to the spawn with sniper rifles, everyone is a shotgun whore, perks that reward you for camping, players flying around, half the time you're left wondering..."Wait, wtf was that? How did i die?" And when you die you respawn immediately so there's no sense of true survival etc...

I long for the days of the first Resistance:Fall of Man, the original Modern Warfare etc..
Last of Us multiplayer is the only realistic, truly team based game i know of out there right now.
And how many shooters out there still allow you to beat guys over the head with a modded plank of wood when your ammo is low? And an upgraded simple revolver? Highly satisfying. :D
I dropped in late to this party.

I agree, played the crap out of the last of us MP on PS3. Love how intense a match could get if your team made one wrong move.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I agree, played the crap out of the last of us MP on PS3. Love how intense a match could get if your team made one wrong move.
Exactly. In most online shooters it's no big deal to go wandering off on your own trying to be the hero, but that's not cool in TLOU.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Exactly. In most online shooters it's no big deal to go wandering off on your own trying to be the hero, but that's not cool in TLOU.

Or that moment when your team is all to close together and you see the moltav coming... Damn now I want to buy the remaster so I can get into it again.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Anyone waiting for the last of us remastered to go on sale can pick it up on groupon for $14.99. It's a digital download code that they mail to you though. I Couldn't resist...

Side note Metal gear 5 is beautiful not a fan of the mission structure so far.

Athos

Legend
Speaking of Assassins Creed. Black Flag is the best game of the franchise. And prolly the truest game to the genre and story.

Still pissed about Desmond in general though.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
REALLY looking forward to Fallout 4 November 10th. I played the hell out of FO 3 and New Vegas.
This game could be epic on next gen.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
More Pokemon.

I'm updating my Nuzlocke. I barely beat Falkner without any casualties. No casualties so far, which is awesome. I've got a likely permanent party member, though in Mary the Sandshrew. Brave nature, solid defense, ground type. I just have to keep her away from those pesky water/grass types. I have another decision to make in the near future as well because I'm going to have a huge weakness to electricity if I keep three flying types (remember, I have to keep the red Gyarados on my team). I love Fred the Pidgey, but Jamie the Spearow is a real sis and pulled my ass out of the fire against Falkner. Fred is bulkier and has an adamant nature; Jamie is faster, just as strong (lonely nature) and has a better natural moveset (although I can and will use TMs).

Also, in White, I'm using something that I never thought I'd use: an Emboar. Fabian has been amazing thus far. Flame charge + charcoal kills almost everything, arm thrust and return waste everything else. He's also surprisingly spongy when it comes to taking damage.

Still breeding like hell in ORAS, still trying to trade over HA Pokemon in Y, still kicking ass overall.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Anyone waiting for the last of us remastered to go on sale can pick it up on groupon for $14.99. It's a digital download code that they mail to you though. I Couldn't resist...

Side note Metal gear 5 is beautiful not a fan of the mission structure so far.

I actually got the last of us and Destiny for free with my PS4. It was a bundle deal on Amazon last year.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Just saw this thread!

I recently went from an Xbox 360 to an Xbox One (not a fanboy, i just HATE the layout of the PS3/4 controller).
I have an 8 year old daughter who loves to play console games with me. PC, not so much.
So i've been slowly building an Xbox one library. i guess i should throw out this disclaimer, i only get my daughter 2 weekends out of the month.
my library currently consists of: GTA V, Wolfenstein: New Order (loved loved loved the original pc game), Madden 15, Madden 16, Mortal Kombat X, Minecraft, AC: Black Flag, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and I currently have Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition shipping to me.
I might actually be missing a game or two...who knows.

I've gone through the Madden 16 connected franchise and took the Superbowl with Foles and the Rams. Gurley rushed for over 1000 yards (including a 200+ yard game against Seattle) and Tavon scored 7 TD's in a game lol. Fun stuff. The incredible catch is a little bit ridiculous and i've gotten burned by it more than helped by it. The concept is cool though and the graphics are amazing.

Wolfenstein was my next game and I started playing this a couple of days ago. Takes on a different story than the original and definitely different than Raven's take on it for the 360. It really took me back to a traditional shooter with hidden objects, doors. I'm only on chapter 3 but i LOVE the gameplay so far. Definitely under rated on the shooter list. I'm officially hooked.

My kiddo loves playing Madden (we haven't played 16 together yet). She was thrilled to see I had gotten an Xbox One, it was mostly for her anyway. She was kicking ass in school and it was a birthday gift to her/us. I can't say that I'm super impressed by the graphics on next gen consoles and the fact that the Xbox One has trouble handling 1080p is underwhelming. Also the lack of 4K support sucks. Admittedly, I only got the Xbox One because it was a deal I couldn't pass up. My fiancee's brother has an awesome PC build complete with 4K monitor. Games look amazing on that but you just don't get the couch console experience.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Oh and the fiancee and I are in the market for a PS4 soon.
Her daughter watched some videos of "The Last of Us" and has been asking for the game ever since.
We might wait until the Star Wars special edition bundle drops this November BUT we may spring for the $350 bundle that's been floating on eBay recently.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Battlefront. It looks amazing!
I'm a Star Wars geek though.