LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Wh

What is different about that vs survivor mode?
-No HUD so you can't see your health or ammo counter(only when you switch weapons)
-less health
- Even fewer supplies
-Almost no ammo drops
-Fewer checkpoints during encounters. An example being the the final encounter at the hospital has no checkpoints. Same with the hotel.
-More aggressive AI
-very short time clock to help allies when they get grabbed.

bluecoconuts

Legend
-No HUD so you can't see your health or ammo counter(only when you switch weapons)
-less health
- Even fewer supplies
-Almost no ammo drops
-Fewer checkpoints during encounters. An example being the the final encounter at the hospital has no checkpoints. Same with the hotel.
-More aggressive AI
-very short time clock to help allies when they get grabbed.

Interesting, sounds intense as hell too. Maybe if I run out of things to play before the next batch of games I'll give it a shot, my brother wants to borrow my game though.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Interesting, sounds intense as hell too. Maybe if I run out of things to play before the next batch of games I'll give it a shot, my brother wants to borrow my game though.
Yeah i'm a bit of a die hard for TLOU(i play the online mode regularly) so i "had" to take the challenge.
IMO the most difficult thing is the lack of checkpoints and not having a health bar. I would consider myself a veteran of this game, but i died at least 30 times in the final encounter, but i was able to play through the hotel in one pass. THAT was satisfying. (y)

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
My son does, but I only play D3 and WoW.

Just got my Worgen Druid, Furgnbastage, to Draenor and started his garrison.

I've got 3 ally toons at 100 and one horde at 100, plus now 6 more toons in Draenor with garrisons.

By the way, anyone going to play, Warcraft: Legion, the next WoW expac?

Based on the artifact point system the way it looks, pretty sure it's more of an alt killer than WoD was... But at least I'll be mentally prepared for it...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Spent some time lately in War Thunder. Something fun about running around in WW2 era tanks and planes.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Based on the artifact point system the way it looks, pretty sure it's more of an alt killer than WoD was... But at least I'll be mentally prepared for it...

Depends on how they design it. With the artifact system replacing weapon drops, the progression of the artifact is probably linear with getting new weapons (kind of like heirloooms, but instead with talents.)

I haven't done much on WoW at all this expansion, besides level all my characters. I'm hoping I can get into the beta this time around and try out the demon hunter. If it's not fun, I'm going to be doing the same thing next expansion. I just can't bring myself to grind through raids anymore.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
See, that's just it, @ChrisW . If you'd done the Legendary quest or spent a lot of time on the garrisons, you'd see where this is headed.

And based on what the Devs are saying... It looks like BC level grinding...without the community that made the grinding worth it.

I really hope that they relent and ease up a bit. I mean, they've already said...no catch up mechanisms for alts. So, if they couple that with daily quests, the grind will be near unbearable and everyone from the hardcore raider to the casual, if they miss a day, they lose that progress forever.

That's awful design, imho, but it's early.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
It is a great game, love all the little details in the game. I just can't believe how many quest come your way at once. How far are you? I'm taking my sweet time, still in novagrad (spelled so wrong).

I ended up downloading this and I'm really enjoying it so far. The controls are a little too sensitive for me even with sensitivity turned down to the minimum but I'll get used to it. The combat takes some getting used to as well. I need to learn how to dodge more rather than just hacking away at whatever I'm trying to kill.

The little details are excellent. I've only just started it but I like the details such as how you discovered the back story to the woman that was hanged in the well (and whose spirit was still haunting it) and how that back story linked to other characters in the same area.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I ended up downloading this and I'm really enjoying it so far. The controls are a little too sensitive for me even with sensitivity turned down to the minimum but I'll get used to it. The combat takes some getting used to as well. I need to learn how to dodge more rather than just hacking away at whatever I'm trying to kill.

The little details are excellent. I've only just started it but I like the details such as how you discovered the back story to the woman that was hanged in the well (and whose spirit was still haunting it) and how that back story linked to other characters in the same area.

It's not a huge difference but if you got it on console there is alternative movement option. It smooths things out a bit. Yeah I tried just hacking at everything and it didn't end well definitely not that type of game. I like the dodge better than the roll when timed right. Also the potions and oils are your best friend.

I remember that quest, good stuff. Love the way some of the quests tie together. Without spoiling anything I was just doing a side quest in the woods, finished it, and later continued the main quest line and the side quest ended up tying into it in a big way.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
See, that's just it, @ChrisW . If you'd done the Legendary quest or spent a lot of time on the garrisons, you'd see where this is headed.

And based on what the Devs are saying... It looks like BC level grinding...without the community that made the grinding worth it.

I really hope that they relent and ease up a bit. I mean, they've already said...no catch up mechanisms for alts. So, if they couple that with daily quests, the grind will be near unbearable and everyone from the hardcore raider to the casual, if they miss a day, they lose that progress forever.

That's awful design, imho, but it's early.

The community will always be there. It's just a matter of how the game is developed to bring them out. Phasing is the biggest culprit. You just don't see people out running around that much because of how much phasing they added to the game.

Also, I'm fine with alts being alts. You shouldn't be able to level an alt to max, and then jump into the highest tier content after a week of catch-up. You're main should be a time sink, and it should feel like an epic accomplishment. I don't want to see so much class stacking in raids. We need to get back to the level what you enjoy the most, not level what will get you the most raid time.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm excited to play Madden when I get home. Started playing Batman last night. Pretty damn inpressive

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm shamefully still way back on AC3. I made the mistake of playing revelations and brotherhood back to back and then started 3 and just got burnt out. Then Xbox had to give black flag away for free on 360 with games for gold so I have that waiting as well.

The only problem with AC3 is that you don't actually spend too much time as a full fledged assassin. You got Haytham, then kid Connor, puberty Connor, a whole bunch of boring modern day missions BEFORE actually becoming Connor the Assassin. Other than that, it's a fun game. I miss bows and arrows in the ather AC games.

Black Flag is a good game no doubt. It's a nice long story and no boring tutorial levels. It throws you straight into action.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
The only problem with AC3 is that you don't actually spend too much time as a full fledged assassin. You got Haytham, then kid Connor, puberty Connor, a whole bunch of boring modern day missions BEFORE actually becoming Connor the Assassin. Other than that, it's a fun game. I miss bows and arrows in the ather AC games.

Black Flag is a good game no doubt. It's a nice long story and no boring tutorial levels. It throws you straight into action.

Yeah that's pretty much what I had a problem with. Got bored and better games came along. That's good news about black flag. the tutorial missions are the worst and it bugged me every one made you do them.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Picked up madden and immediately started a franchise with the Rams. Played the first game and beat the Hawks. The new gameplay mechanics are cool, nothing mind blowing.

Anyone take a chance on Everyone's gone to the Rapture?? Wouldn't call it a gamers game cause you just walk around and collect the story to find out what happens. Story is really good and the voice acting is top notch. But there isn't anything else to it. Not for everyone that's for sure.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Let us know if Madden has fixed the bugs and other stupidity. Do players still ping pong off each other between plays, do linemen actually block, and is there still stupid fake twitter accounts of media "analysts" that I don't give a rat's ass about?

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I liked what they changed in madden, but I hate that they didn't touch the relocation option or stadium build options. I haven't gotten to draft but the scouting seems pretty good.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm already pissed at madden. Played the week 2 game against the Redskins 2 times now and after the game is done it has glitched out while loading the menu screen before it can save.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I haven't had any issues as of yet. What consol

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The community will always be there. It's just a matter of how the game is developed to bring them out. Phasing is the biggest culprit. You just don't see people out running around that much because of how much phasing they added to the game.

Also, I'm fine with alts being alts. You shouldn't be able to level an alt to max, and then jump into the highest tier content after a week of catch-up. You're main should be a time sink, and it should feel like an epic accomplishment. I don't want to see so much class stacking in raids. We need to get back to the level what you enjoy the most, not level what will get you the most raid time.

Actually, I agree with much of that.

Just be nice to have the design team be consistent. I've got a bunch of toons I leveled because that made sense. Now, I'll have a bunch of toons basically retired because Blizzard changed design philosophy mid stream.

Mostly my issue is with the daily grind. I HATE that. It's unnecessary. There was plenty of content in LK with weekly caps. Daily caps, imho, lead to frustration because you just see every day missed is power that can and never will be achieved. When the game becomes about attendance over skill, it's demoralizing.

That's where I was coming from. Other games have suffered expressly due to the grindiness like TERA and others. What made WoW so much better than those games was the deeper content and less grinding.