LEGEND The Video Games Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I don't even remember the last time I preordered a game... Day one dlc and patches are the worst part about gaming these days.

The remaster craze is getting out of hand but at the same time there have been some good ones that came from it. The metal gear pack, shadow of the colossus, metro 2033 redux, final fantasy 10 and I'd buy a FF 7 remake in 2 seconds flat.
Agree on DLC, but I'm enjoying the remaster craze - rather than having to, say, run Grim Fandango in a tiny blurry window from an old installer from the '90's, I can grab it - and many other classic LucasArts games like Monkey Island - from Steam.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Agree on DLC, but I'm enjoying the remaster craze - rather than having to, say, run Grim Fandango in a tiny blurry window from an old installer from the '90's, I can grab it - and many other classic LucasArts games like Monkey Island - from Steam.

Yeah man not all remaster are bad. My buddy was never able to play the last of us cause he never had a PS3. Once he got a ps4 that was the first game he bought.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Yeah man not all remaster are bad. My buddy was never able to play the last of us cause he never had a PS3. Once he got a ps4 that was the first game he bought.
Wait, they remade a three year old game for a new system? Rather than making the new disc based system compatible with games from the previous disc based system?

This is why I only game on PC anymore.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm finally playing through The Last of Us, albeit slowly. I think I may buy Axiom Verge from the PS4 marketplace. It looks almost like a direct clone of Super Metroid with different weapons.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Wait, they remade a three year old game for a new system? Rather than making the new disc based system compatible with games from the previous disc based system?

This is why I only game on PC anymore.

I get that and I personally wish the ps4 was backwards compatible, I have a pretty decent PS3 game collection. But in my buddy's case he had no interest in the PS3 and the ps4 was a gift. So the remake was perfect for him.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
BTW, speaking of old games, I built a multi-console emulation system using a Raspberry PI - now in my man cave I have a little box with a controller attached to my TV containing every NES, SNES, Master System and Genesis title ever made. I'm going to add arcade, Atari and TurboGrafx whenever I get around to it.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I'm finally playing through The Last of Us, albeit slowly. I think I may buy Axiom Verge from the PS4 marketplace. It looks almost like a direct clone of Super Metroid with different weapons.

What do you think of the last of us? Verge looks intense!

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
BTW, speaking of old games, I built a multi-console emulation system using a Raspberry PI - now in my man cave I have a little box with a controller attached to my TV containing every NES, SNES, Master System and Genesis title ever made. I'm going to add arcade, Atari and TurboGrafx whenever I get around to it.

That sounds amazing!!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I will also note that I've re-started Skyrim... again... and have played a fair amount of it lately. Never boring, that game. I doubt I'll ever complete the main questline, but it... kinda doesn't matter.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I will also note that I've re-started Skyrim... again... and have played a fair amount of it lately. Never boring, that game. I doubt I'll ever complete the main questline, but it... kinda doesn't matter.

Love that game. It's so easy to just wonder around.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Today is the last day to download the canceled silent hill demo P.T. Before its removed from the psn. Such a shame the demo was intense I was looking forward to it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pokemon update! I am now able to trade Pokemon for the next week or so! Anyone who wants a good ability/nature Pokemon that they don't have (including shadow tag Gothita, speed boost Sharpedo, etc.) can definitely trade with me. If you have something that I can't obtain normally (i.e., female marvel scale Dratini, overcoat Burmy, female unaware Wooper/Quagsire, etc.)