The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bayern Munich are ridiculous. They just buy the best players from the other German teams, basically creating a monopoly on the title. I see they've already announced they are buying Hummels from Dortmund who finished second. Pointless really.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Congrats to Bayern Munich on their 3rd straight Bundesliga title. We will see whats in store with changes at the helm and player personnel decisions to be made. Shame about the champions league exit after dominating Atletico. That round ball can take some funny bounces at times.

Are you serious?
The bundesliga is like watching the sporting equivalent of the Nuremberg trails - I mean what the fuck is up with the German football logo?

image.jpg

Enough with you German's lust for threatening angular logos okay - give it a fucking rest

Anyway I'm not interested in seeing extras from Raiders of the Lost Ark running around "efficiently" for 90 minutes

image.jpg
image.jpg

Haven't you seen the movie Victory?
What the fuck???

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xOxj26vcwMI

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Are you serious?
The bundesliga is like watching the sporting equivalent of the Nuremberg trails - I mean what the freak is up with the German football logo?

View attachment 13700

Enough with you German's lust for threatening angular logos okay - give it a freaking rest

Anyway I'm not interested in seeing extras from Raiders of the Lost Ark running around "efficiently" for 90 minutes

View attachment 13701 View attachment 13702

Haven't you seen the movie Victory?
What the freak???

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xOxj26vcwMI

Nice tangent. I am talking soccer. Learn about it and you wont hate good play. Everyone follows who they like to watch. Germans are the most fundamehtally sound tactical technicians ( see recent world cup for reference.) I don't use movies to reference the real world, maybe that is where the misconception is coming from for you?

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You been on the booze Old School? Surely you mean Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton and Hove Albion??
No booze just too much sleep in the eyes yes that's the game I watched.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Nice tangent. I am talking soccer. Learn about it and you wont hate good play. Everyone follows who they like to watch. Germans are the most fundamehtally sound tactical technicians ( see recent world cup for reference.) I don't use movies to reference the real world, maybe that is where the misconception is coming from for you?

It was just a playful way of saying the Bundesliga sucks

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Thx Dieter
It was just a playful way of saying the Bundesliga sucks
I just got done watching my sons game. He plays for an 03' club team here in L.A.
He played like crap. (lacked intensity and purpose) he didn't start the second half and dropped his head.
He has a trainer and conditioning along with Practice that is 30-40 min away 3 times a week and I am frustrated. Thanks for the levity because right now I need it.

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who was it, Sergei Yuran?

Have a butchers at this, what a rant! Some colourful language for sure.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcCTO1DnFls

Sergei yuan that brings back memories ... Got nicked doing 90mph on the old Kent with 3 bottles of empty vodka on the floor of his car think he played like one game for us ... I think the only reason we signed him because he scored against Man U in the champions league ... His mate (whose name I can remember ) was pretty handy though

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Well i suppose I better add my name to the list of soccer supporters.

I'm a season ticket holder with Hull City afc (24 years) and also follow Valencia and Fiorentina.

Visited the Mestella for my Stag weekend but haven't managed to get to a Fiorentina game yet even though I have been to Florence.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Never seen anything like this happen.

Good thing nbc is showing the rest of the games on all of their channels. Switching between a few them.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.espnfc.us/barclays-premi...nemouth-abandoned-after-suspect-package-found

i

Manchester United's final Premier League game against Bournemouth has been abandoned after a suspect package was found in one of the stands at Old Trafford.

Supporters in both the Stretford End and the Sir Alex Ferguson stand were evacuated around 30 minutes before kick off, with a delay of at least 45 minutes initially expected.

United confirmed that police were investigating a suspect package in the north-west quadrant at Old Trafford.

Fans in the other stands were not asked to leave, an announcement telling them to remain calm and in their seats.

View: https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/731850019016474626/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Television pictures showed police with a sniffer dog walking through the stands, and shortly afterwards it was announced that the game had been abandoned. No information has been given as to when, or if, the game will be rescheduled.

Manchester United needed to beat Bournemouth, and hope Manchester City lost at Swansea, to finish in the top four and qualify for the Champions League next season. City's game at the Liberty Stadium went ahead as planned.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Arsenal better not sit on their asses and hope to hold on to a 1-0 win. Get some damned goals!