The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great to see the complete nonentity that is The New Rangers get slaughtered in the Scottish premiership playoffs. 6-1 on aggregate - horsed over two legs by a really poor Motherwell side. glorious day for Old Firm haters everywhere (i.e. fucking everyone)

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All kicked off as well, that Moshni is a bit of a loon isn't he?!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I keep hearing the "not best for Scottish football" thing, but I respectfully disagree. The best my club can do now is 2nd instead of 3rd. In the last few years more clubs have had the opportunity to compete in European football and several clubs have won cups where previously it was much much harder. The last two Scottish cup winners have been first time winners. For comparison, pre-financial basket-case Rangers won it 47 times. No team other than Rangers or Celtic have won the league since the mid 80s. That's boring.

Attendances at nearly all of the smaller clubs are up over the last few seasons because the game as a whole is much more competitive.

The other argument is that the best thing for Scottish football is to have the 12 best teams in the premier league. Rangers proved by losing so badly that they aren't one of those at the moment. If we are going to have the 12 biggest teams instead of the 12 who deserve to be there on merit then we might as well pack up and go home.

The 'hit' from not having a large away support visiting my club twice a season doesn't outweigh those benefits IMO.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I went to Ibrox once in the away end with Aberdeen. Useless fact for you there.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Bet that was an eye opener - a lot if bad blood there!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
A useless fact for you - I live in Aberdeen and it's an absolute dive.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ha ha yeah it wasn't too friendly, all to do with some tackle by Neil Simpson on Ian Durrant isn't it? Some quite shocking songs about Davie Cooper that day I remember as well.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A useless fact for you - I live in Aberdeen and it's an absolute dive.

Do you work in the oil industry or something? I didn't think it was that bad. I'll let you into a little secret, my ex wife is from Ellon, that's why I've been up there quite a few times. I'm not proud of marrying a jock!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Nah I work for the NHS. There's a lot of money in the surrounding areas, places like Ellon actually. The Shire is really nice. The city itself is dull and expensive.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Sepp Blatter resigns. Wonderful news for football.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
image.jpg

And stay out!!!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
USMNT plays Netherlands today. It's on at 1:30 central here in the states on ESPN. Not sure if any of you guys across the pond enjoy watching either of these countries play, but thought I give everyone a heads up that needs some football to watch.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
USMNT plays Netherlands today. It's on at 1:30 central here in the states on ESPN. Not sure if any of you guys across the pond enjoy watching either of these countries play, but thought I give everyone a heads up that needs some football to watch.

I'll be watching.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Epic match!! Can't believe we came back from 3-1 to win! Despite some seriously sloppy play. Loved that when Yedlin came on he started the comeback.