The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Go by train,
Go by car,
Just to laugh at QPR,
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha,
West Ham boys are big and strong!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I could never get into soccer. Kinda reminds me of marriage. A lot work and very little scoring.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
That Arsenal result last night is exactly the reason why I'm concerned about the FA Cup final.

That scumbag, deluded bunch of f*ckwit Aston Villa fans are gonna go down to Wembley and they're gonna bloody win it aren't they? It's written in the bastard stars. I hate them so much

Limey

Rookie
they are playing well at present as well. Won't surprise me at all if they win it.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That Arsenal result last night is exactly the reason why I'm concerned about the FA Cup final.

That scumbag, deluded bunch of f*ckwit Aston Villa fans are gonna go down to Wembley and they're gonna bloody win it aren't they? It's written in the bastard stars. I hate them so much

Well being from London I have a dislike for Arsenal so I'd actually be quite amused if Villa won. That said I cannot stand Tim Sherwood and i'll stick my neck out and say this time next year he will not be the Villa manager once he has been found out.

I remember a while back Agbonlahor doing a press conference whilst wearing a Rams baseball cap. You must have been fuming Tubsy?!

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
Well being from London I have a dislike for Arsenal so I'd actually be quite amused if Villa won. That said I cannot stand Tim Sherwood and i'll stick my neck out and say this time next year he will not be the Villa manager once he has been found out.

I remember a while back Agbonlahor doing a press conference whilst wearing a Rams baseball cap. You must have been fuming Tubsy?!

I didn't see it thankfully but I'm fuming now! A mate of mine used to teach Gabby 'your mom's a whore' and apparently he is just as thick as he sounds.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I really need to get a dvr... I'm gonna miss both champion league games and the fa cup final because of work. Not a fan of the teams left I just love watching the big games.

Crazy that Villa is so bad in the premier league but here there in the cup final.

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
I really need to get a dvr... I'm gonna miss both champion league games and the fa cup final because of work. Not a fan of the teams left I just love watching the big games.

Crazy that Villa is so bad in the premier league but here there in the cup final.

We (Birmingham City) won the League Cup* in 2011 and got relegated three months later. Wigan Athletic did the same after winning the FA Cup a year or two later. I'd rather we stayed up obviously but I wouldn't swap that cup win and the day out at Wembley.

* the League Cup is a secondary cup competition in England, not as presitigious as the FA Cup but still considered a major trophy

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who did you beat in the Semi Final Tubsy??

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
I'm sad guys, my bayern lost :'(
Wish we could've had Robben, Ribery, and Alaba in the semi-finals.

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
Who did you beat in the Semi Final Tubsy??

Your lot screwed that up so many times over the course of those two legs. Iirc you had a man sent off at your place while leading and you went 1-0 up at ours in the second leg and still contrived to blow it.

We beat the villa in the quarter final. That cup run was a lot of fun and so was the Europa League campaign the year after. The only problem was UEFA banned alcohol sales at the stadium and I wasn't able to get out early enough to get sauced at any pubs so I had to watch the games sober! Can you imagine?

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Errr no I can't really imagine that at all.

My abiding memory of that semi final (other than the WMP being utter wankers as usual) was Big Nikola Zigic coming on at half time and the fact everyone knowing he would terrorise us!

LumberTubs

Name
Phil
I loved Big Zig but you can count the number of teams he terrorised on the fingers of one hand. There's West Ham, Milwall, Leeds and Arsenal in the final. Other than that he never used his size to its full advantage nor did we ever really use him properly.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
No alcohol at a game that's just wrong...

Who do you guys got today Madrid or Juventus? Not Rolando fan but I do like Bale so I'm rooting on Madrid.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just for a change I'd rather see Juve get through, plus they have Tevez as well. I remember the transfer deadline day when he and Macherano rocked up at the hammers. Heady days indeed and only we would play fucking Marlon Harewood and Hayden Mullins in front of them. Cheers Pards!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
We (Birmingham City) won the League Cup* in 2011 and got relegated three months later. Wigan Athletic did the same after winning the FA Cup a year or two later. I'd rather we stayed up obviously but I wouldn't swap that cup win and the day out at Wembley.

* the League Cup is a secondary cup competition in England, not as presitigious as the FA Cup but still considered a major trophy
In 1996 Boro got to both cup finals, lost both and got relegated. Now that's a disappointing end to the season!
Quite a while ago obviously, but the point still stands that anything can happen in the cups.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Simmers ,

Was that the season you had 3 points deducted as you couldn't field a team in one game?

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Correct @HX76, there was a bug on the training ground meaning over 20 players weren't fit to play, so we couldn't field a team.
We were deducted 3 points and finished the season 2 points from safety.

Don't want to sound too bitter about it after so long but the Premier league made a mistake.

I also won't mention how the Tevez and Mascherano fiasco ties into it either ;) My mate who's a Sheffield Utd fan still hasn't forgiven West Ham for that :ROFLMAO:

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ha ha sorry but I was loving it when they deducted you points as we were, as usual, at the bottom that season and in danger of going down.

I can't stand Sheffield United, typically they turned us over in the league cup this season!