The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm not a big soccer fan... but Orlando is going freaking nuts over our new MLS team. The Orlando City Lions.

If the league manages not to go on Strike in the next couple of days... there will be over 60,000 fans in the Citrus Bowl on Sunday for the opener. Over 60,000 tickets have actually been sold. Unbelievable.

My oldest even has a Orlando City magnet on the back of his truck. What the freak is going on ? LOL

60k? Damn. That's got to be up there with one of the most highly attended regular season games in the history of Orlando.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
60k? Damn. That's got to be up there with one of the most highly attended regular season games in the history of Orlando.

Well there have been sellouts for solid Bowl games in the past. That's college football though.

I'm just astounded that soccer has become popular enough to do this.

Times are changing.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Well there have been sellouts for solid Bowl games in the past. That's college football though.

I'm just astounded that soccer has become popular enough to do this.

Times are changing.

It goes both ways though. If you'd told me ten years ago that London would even get an NFL game never mind sell out what must be a dozen by now, I'd have said you were nuts.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
It goes both ways though. If you'd told me ten years ago that London would even get an NFL game never mind sell out what must be a dozen by now, I'd have said you were nuts.

I was in London for the Rams game. I couldn't beleive how much support there was for the nfl. Seeing fans of every team there was really cool as well.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Can anyone explain how Ross Barkley is England's next best midfielder when he can't get on the pitch with a relegation bound team
??

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Can anyone explain how Ross Barkley is England's next best midfielder when he can't get on the pitch with a relegation bound team
??

The whole Everton team is a mystery this season. Talk about inconsistent... Other than Howard getting hurt I believe they have been mostly healthy with all their main guys playing. Which drives me nuts cause they should be a lot better than they are playing. As for Barkley he stared their last match. Not sure about today's though I'm going to miss it. Freaking work.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Evertons team is ooooold. Full of used-to-be-good players. "Too good to go down" apparently, but they remind me of Fulham from a couple of seasons back.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Have to disagree man, Everton are going through a transition for me. A lot of good youth players coming through atm and they will likely be back in their usual too 6-7 spot by next year IMO.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
They'll never win anything with Gareth Barry and Phil Jagielka in the team. The legs have gone. They'll still comfortably stay up though.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Oh I agree that they won't win anything but they're very unlikely to finish outside the top 10.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
And I get home from work to see Everton chokes again!!! After watching a bunch of their matches this season I feel like they have a lot of individual talent but aren't putting together as a team. Plus the midfielders hardly push the ball to the forwards. And I don't get it but when Lukaku actually gets the ball and some space I swear I've never seen some many defenders or the goalie jump in and make some crazy save. Oh well at least Man U and Tottenham won today!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I see the MLS managed to come to an agreement last night avoiding a strike.

Orlando City will have 60k+ attending their opener on Sunday.

:rockon:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Are you going?

Hahaha... Funny you ask that. The thought has actually crossed my mind. I won't rule it out completely, but I don't think tickets are available... unless you're willing to pay top dollar.

I attended the Magic's first ever preseason game and regular season games. I kinda feel that I should do the same for Orlando City.

The seas are rough again this weekend so I'm not ruling it out completely. But it is sold out.

I believe the game will be broadcast on ESPN here in the US and England.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Hahaha... Funny you ask that. The thought has actually crossed my mind. I won't rule it out completely, but I don't think tickets are available... unless you're willing to pay top dollar.

I attended the Magic's first ever preseason game and regular season games. I kinda feel that I should do the same for Orlando City.

The seas are rough again this weekend so I'm not ruling it out completely. But it is sold out.

I believe the game will be broadcast on ESPN here in the US and England.

Opening day is always great! And with a brand new team playing their first match it will be crazy. Sounders games are usually sold out so 99% of the time I go through stub hub to get my seats.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
My team have now won four in a row to take us from bottom of the league, six points adrift and relegation certainties to tenth and with a great chance of surviving.

I was at the game today, meaning I have now watched 11 losses and one win in my 12 matches this season.

I am HAPPY!