The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WENGER OUT

I have mixed emotions here now that the time has come
He has done a lot of great things for the club there is no disputing that. But with that said I can’t help but think this is needed to take the club in a new direction. Have you seen any need speculation on a successor?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He has done a lot of great things for the club there is no disputing that. But with that said I can’t help but think this is needed to take the club in a new direction. Have you seen any need speculation on a successor?

Not gonna discredit Wenger's legacy: He managed to keep the team Top 5 in the EPL with a shoestring budget in comparison to the likes of ManU and other big oil clubs; his preparation on gameday and tactics was just getting Jeff Fisher stale

Hearing Patrick Vieira is runner up for next manager.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Not gonna discredit Wenger's legacy: He managed to keep the team Top 5 in the EPL with a shoestring budget in comparison to the likes of ManU and other big oil clubs; his preparation on gameday and tactics was just getting Jeff Fisher stale

Hearing Patrick Vieira is runner up for next manager.

It's gonna be a German

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Teuchel is another name I hear along with Vieira.

The familiarity he has with Aubameyang will help, hope Arsenal gives him keys to a better car if hired. The roster turnover at Dortmund with Mkhitaryan, Gündoğan, and Hummels was staggering

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Teuchel is another name I hear along with Vieira.
The Mirror (FWIW) is reporting the likely candidate pool is Joachim Loew, Luis Enrique, Max Allegri, Mikel Arteta and Brendan Rodgers.

It sounds like Teuschel is the lead candidate for PSG and Vieira isn't considered experienced enough yet. Although Arteta isn't really experienced either.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Mirror (FWIW) is reporting the likely candidate pool is Joachim Loew, Luis Enrique, Max Allegri, Mikel Arteta and Brendan Rodgers.

It sounds like Teuschel is the lead candidate for PSG and Vieira isn't considered experienced enough yet. Although Arteta isn't really experienced either.
Yeah, Vieira it seems was who Wenger suggested the beard hire and reports/rumors are they’re split over him. Arteta has much less experience but he has a couple years as Pep’s assistant so that adds some weight. It’s going to be interesting which direction they go. A veteran manager. Or somebody a bit younger and fresher? Will they go with somebody in the same mold as Wenger or switch up styles? One other thing I heard is the desire to again try to get Henry off TV and make him an assistant. I could see Vieira having a shot at that.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil

Cheers @flv.

I'm starting to lose count but I think that's 3 of the last 5 seasons where we've survived on the last day.

That's not sustainable but I'll worry about that another day.

Just need Boro to do their job now.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Relegation. Hello darkness my old friend.