The Official LGB's Thread.. Let's GOOOOO BLUES!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I really don't know if I can stand getting my heart ripped out like this year after year. Armstrong really screwed us over by trading a good young forward in Carrier and a 2015 first and third for Ott and Miller. Don't care so much about Halak and Stewart, but we utterly screwed ourselves over with that trade.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
I really don't know if I can stand getting my heart ripped out like this year after year. Armstrong really screwed us over by trading a good young forward in Carrier and a 2015 first and third for Ott and Miller. Don't care so much about Halak and Stewart, but we utterly screwed ourselves over with that trade.

Well they looked like crap last night. Backes should just give the C to Schwartz already.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The Wild have completely turned it around since getting Dubynk, this probably the most interesting series in the first round to me. While I'd much rather have LA in it, it is kind of fun to just relax and watch some good hockey.

The three teams I wouldn't mind seeing win are the Wild, Blues, or Islanders, Lightning and Rangers after that, everyone else can piss off.

I get the feeling it'll end up being the Blackhawks though, so yuck.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Well they looked like crap last night. Backes should just give the C to Schwartz already.

Jackman can give up his "A" to Shattenkirk while we're at it. Can't wait to trade Backes, Steen, Oshie, and Stastny, fire Army and Hitchcock, and clean house with everyone except for Schwartz, Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, and Jaskin, along with a few other prospects (Lindbohm, Parayko, Fabbri, Barbashev, Kurker, MacEachern, and the three goalie prospects - Binnington, Lundstrom, and Husso. Rattie can go fuck himself.)

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
What happens if we get swept?

Then you give credit to the Wild and you evaluate our needs. Jackman needs to retire, he's one of the most overrated St. Louis sports figures I can remember. I think fans have a connection with him just because he's been on the team since the early 2000's. And I think those same fans confuse Jackman being a good teammate with Jackman actually being a good hockey player, because he hasn't been a good hockey player for a handful of seasons now.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Then you give credit to the Wild and you evaluate our needs. Jackman needs to retire, he's one of the most overrated St. Louis sports figures I can remember. I think fans have a connection with him just because he's been on the team since the early 2000's. And I think those same fans confuse Jackman being a good teammate with Jackman actually being a good hockey player, because he hasn't been a good hockey player for a handful of seasons now.

Can't agree with that. I simply can't agree. That's three years of regression if we get swept in the first round (from the second round loss to the Kings, to the first round loss to the Blackhawks, to a potential sweep for the Wild).

Jackman will retire. It's the last year of his contract, and Lindbohm is better now than Jackman ever was. Parayko is ready to step in, as are Fabbri, Barbashev, and Binnington. Kurker, MacEachern, and Lundstrom can play in Chicago for a while.

We have so many losses after this season. We gave up a center with loads of potential in Letunov for one year of Michalek.

If we don't win Lord Stanley this year, I don't want Armstrong and Hitchcock to have another chance to make this team worse.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Holy shit. Give Tarasenko that seven-year deal already. Holy fucking shit. Not even Brett Hull scored a hat trick in the playoffs with us.

Memento

Name
Jemma
My Kings ain't in it so Go Blues!!!

Speaking of your Kings...ouch. How about Jarret Stoll? What are you going to do for your third-line center and number 2 defenseman now? I can't imagine that Stoll and Voynov are going to stay on your team.

I really do feel for you guys. I'd rather this happen to the Blackcocks or the Dead Wings than anyone, especially a team that I respect (even though they're a playoff nemesis, they're our playoff nemesis).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Speaking of your Kings...ouch. How about Jarret Stoll? What are you going to do for your third-line center and number 2 defenseman now? I can't imagine that Stoll and Voynov are going to stay on your team.

I really do feel for you guys. I'd rather this happen to the Blackcocks or the Dead Wings than anyone, especially a team that I respect (even though they're a playoff nemesis, they're our playoff nemesis).
It's the off season. We'll see what direction they go. I was thinking Stoll likely wouldn't be back next year anyway. I'm also going to guess that right or wrong, Voynov will skate (get it?) apparently his wife isn't going to press charges and has said she would refuse to testify. Tough case ahead for the DA. I just don't get why these women stand by these A-holes but....

Now can we get back to the Blues? :cool:

Memento

Name
Jemma
It's the off season. We'll see what direction they go. I was thinking Stoll likely wouldn't be back next year anyway. I'm also going to guess that right or wrong, Voynov will skate (get it?) apparently his wife isn't going to press charges and has said she would refuse to testify. Tough case ahead for the DA. I just don't get why these women stand by these A-holes but....

Now can we get back to the Blues? :cool:

Of course. Tarasenko, man. Sign that kid. Sign Schwartz to a long term deal as well. Them, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk...that's a core right there.

V3

Hall of Fame
Jackman can give up his "A" to Shattenkirk while we're at it. Can't wait to trade Backes, Steen, Oshie, and Stastny, fire Army and Hitchcock, and clean house with everyone except for Schwartz, Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, and Jaskin, along with a few other prospects (Lindbohm, Parayko, Fabbri, Barbashev, Kurker, MacEachern, and the three goalie prospects - Binnington, Lundstrom, and Husso. Rattie can go freak himself.)
While I'd LOVE to get rid of a bunch of players on this team (Backes, Oshie, Jackman, JayBo, Berglund, Ott) the fact of the matter is almost all of them have NTC's. Oshie and Berglund are the only ones that don't. Army needs to either be fired or demoted to draft duties. I'm find with firing Hitch if they can find a better coach but at some point you have to put the blame on the players. How many coaches has this core gotten fired? Backes, Oshie, and Berglund should be the first to go but, as I already stated, I think we're stuck with many due to the NTC.

The sad part is that in a few years this team is going to be feeling the loss of all our first round picks and solid prospects that were traded away for rentals/mediocre players so it's kind of hard to do a small pseudo rebuild around the younger core of Schwartz, Tarasenko, Petro, Allen, etc. I'm really at my wits' end with this team.

bluecoconuts

Legend
While I'd LOVE to get rid of a bunch of players on this team (Backes, Oshie, Jackman, JayBo, Berglund, Ott) the fact of the matter is almost all of them have NTC's. Oshie and Berglund are the only ones that don't. Army needs to either be fired or demoted to draft duties. I'm find with firing Hitch if they can find a better coach but at some point you have to put the blame on the players. How many coaches has this core gotten fired? Backes, Oshie, and Berglund should be the first to go but, as I already stated, I think we're stuck with many due to the NTC.

The sad part is that in a few years this team is going to be feeling the loss of all our first round picks and solid prospects that were traded away for rentals/mediocre players so it's kind of hard to do a small pseudo rebuild around the younger core of Schwartz, Tarasenko, Petro, Allen, etc. I'm really at my wits' end with this team.

I'll take Oshie to the Kings, if nothing else but for his shootout skills.

LA missed the playoffs because they went like 5 for 30 in the shootout, it was fucking awful. If they had won a few of those they easily make it in. Having something like Oshie who can go and actually score would be a nice change. Kopitar has gotten lazy with age, he used to have a sick shootout move, now he doesn't do anything creative.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Then give them a fucking list to choose from. Lot of other teams deal players with NTCs. Why can't we? And I don't want Doug Armstrong anywhere near the draft; Bill Armstrong already does a hell of a job. If they don't win it all this year, Stillman should blow it all up.

Oh, and you can take your list of players you want to get rid of and add every player and prospect that isn't Tarasenko, Schwartz, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Jaskin, Lindbohm, Parayko, Fabbri, Barbashev, Kurker, MacEachern, Binnington, Lundstrom, and Husso.

We dealt fucking good prospects like Carrier and Letunov for scrubs like Miller and Ott and future free agents-to-be in Michalek. We dealt high picks, we dealt low picks, we dealt for players that other teams couldn't wait to get rid of (see Jokinen and Bortuzzo).

If this doesn't get us Lord Stanley, then this fucking regime never will.

V3

Hall of Fame
Then give them a freaking list to choose from. Lot of other teams deal players with NTCs. Why can't we? And I don't want Doug Armstrong anywhere near the draft; Bill Armstrong already does a hell of a job. If they don't win it all this year, Stillman should blow it all up.

Oh, and you can take your list of players you want to get rid of and add every player and prospect that isn't Tarasenko, Schwartz, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Jaskin, Lindbohm, Parayko, Fabbri, Barbashev, Kurker, MacEachern, Binnington, Lundstrom, and Husso.

We dealt freaking good prospects like Carrier and Letunov for scrubs like Miller and Ott and future free agents-to-be in Michalek. We dealt high picks, we dealt low picks, we dealt for players that other teams couldn't wait to get rid of (see Jokinen and Bortuzzo).

If this doesn't get us Lord Stanley, then this freaking regime never will.
I'm with you on this. We're on the same side here. I think I agree with everything you said.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm with you on this. We're on the same side here. I think I agree with everything you said.

Sorry. I'm just so mad at the Carrier and Letunov trades. Carrier would have easily been a better fourth line winger than Ott, and unlike Ott, he could move up to the third line in a pinch. Letunov is years away, but if he pans out for the Coyotes, they have a legit number one playmaking center that we currently only have gotten with an overpaid Paul Stastny. If they deal away one of Fabbri, Barbashev, or Jaskin, I'm going to fucking protest right outside of Scott Trade Center.

I'll take Oshie to the Kings, if nothing else but for his shootout skills.

LA missed the playoffs because they went like 5 for 30 in the shootout, it was freaking awful. If they had won a few of those they easily make it in. Having something like Oshie who can go and actually score would be a nice change. Kopitar has gotten lazy with age, he used to have a sick shootout move, now he doesn't do anything creative.

Sure. We want Derek Forbort and Valentin Zykov in exchange (hey, have to give a right winger to get a right winger). :p

Last edited:

V3

Hall of Fame
Sorry. I'm just so mad at the Carrier and Letunov trades. Carrier would have easily been a better fourth line winger than Ott, and unlike Ott, he could move up to the third line in a pinch. Letunov is years away, but if he pans out for the Coyotes, they have a legit number one playmaking center that we currently only have gotten with an overpaid Paul Stastny. If they deal away one of Fabbri, Barbashev, or Jaskin, I'm going to freaking protest right outside of Scott Trade Center.

Yeah, the Michalek trade I hated. I couldn't believe Army would get rid of such a high ceiling player for a rental that really isn't anything special and had the possibility of not even playing. When Army made the Miller trade, my jaw hit the floor. I couldn't believe they gave up all those picks and Stewart(didn't really mind losing him but he still had some value for a better trade with someone else) for a player in Miller that wasn't what he used to be and wasn't that much better than what we already had.

The Blues better be able to find some real gems later in the draft because not having 3 first round picks is going to catch up to them. I know it's not the same sport but just look what not having three top picks did to the Washington Redskins. Top picks are the lifeblood of a team and Army is/was way too willing to give them away for minor upgrades(if that).

He's got me pretty pissed, too.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yeah, the Michalek trade I hated. I couldn't believe Army would get rid of such a high ceiling player for a rental that really isn't anything special and had the possibility of not even playing. When Army made the Miller trade, my jaw hit the floor. I couldn't believe they gave up all those picks and Stewart(didn't really mind losing him but he still had some value for a better trade with someone else) for a player in Miller that wasn't what he used to be and wasn't that much better than what we already had.

The Blues better be able to find some real gems later in the draft because not having 3 first round picks is going to catch up to them. I know it's not the same sport but just look what not having three top picks did to the Washington Redskins. Top picks are the lifeblood of a team and Army is/was way too willing to give them away for minor upgrades(if that).

He's got me pretty pissed, too.

I could. He got rid of Carrier and a first and third round pick in an incredibly deep class for basically a no-talent rat in Ott (because Miller was a fucking douchebagging headcase). He did this in Dallas until he got fired. Hitchcock hasn't really impressed me either; if he was so good, this core of players would have won by now. I like our scouting staff. I like our ownership. I love Tarasenko, Schwartz, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Jaskin, and Lindbohm (who is already getting Ulf Samuelsson comparisons. And let's not forget that for all of his goonery, Ulf was a really fucking talented defensive defenseman who could move the puck.)

I'm really pissed that we traded Letunov for another fucking defensive defenseman that had a concussion. It would've stung a little less if Michalek had just fucking stayed down until we got a third round pick, but no, he just had to suck with us, and now he's going to look for a fat free agent contract after this season. So we're out Letunov and Michalek. Stupid, stupid move by Armstrong.