The Name Dropping Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Lompoc High? I graduated Atascadero High and lived in San Luis Obispo County for many years. I met my wife when she was living in Shell Beach.
Yep. Lompoc High. I sub over there sometimes these days.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My 3 Favorite are Clint Eastwood, Robert Di'Niro and Ronald Reagan.

I saw Clint Eastwood during the mid-70's while in a bar at Heavenly Valley, a ski resort in Tahoe. He was wearing a black leather jacket and drinking a beer. He had that "don't even think about coming over here" look on his face. :cool:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My 3 Favorite are Clint Eastwood, Robert Di'Niro and Ronald Reagan.
ALWAYS wanted to meet Pres. Reagan. My mom did a sculpture of him on horseback from a parade in Paso Robles during his gubernatorial run. It was commissioned by his long time friend Judge Clark. I got to wear the buckskins he was wearing in the photos. It actually fit almost perfect. I told my mom that people pay to wear Elvis outfits. Wearing an outfit worn by my favorite President was a million times cooler. I have some pics of me wearing them somewhere. Here's the sculpture:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I saw Clint Eastwood during the mid-70's while in a bar at Heavenly Valley, a ski resort in Tahoe. He was wearing a black leather jacket and drinking a beer. He had that "don't even think about coming over here" look on his face. :cool:
Just remember - YOU'RE the one who started a name dropping thread. I did say that I've met many celebrities - right?

I got to hang out in the pits with Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman, and James Brolin during some races at Laguna Seca. Pretty much was too afraid (shy) to say anything to them but I did get introduced to all of them and Clint laughed and commented that my dad taught me how to shake a hand properly. Think my dad was pretty proud of himself.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just remember - YOU'RE the one who started a name dropping thread.

Why would you remind me of that? Am I too senile to remember? Hmmm?

29vjrdu.jpg

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Stan Musial,Curt Flood,Ken Boyer,Jack Youngblood called me just to talk, Ozzie Smith, Phil Simms,Jackie Smith, Larry Wilson, Earl Blackwell, Walter Williams, grew up with and was next door neighbor of Rush Hudson Limbaugh,Marty Hogan

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My mom used to do the Bob Eubanks show in Santa Ynez. Bob used to do parking control during the show while on horseback. I didn't meet but walked around the show looking at art with Bo and John Derek. I was amazed at how tiny she was. Always thought she was an Amazon woman after seeing "10". And she was so much hotter in person.

My uncle Stu bought a double lot from Neil Young at the end of Broad Beach Rd in Malibu after Neil's house burned down. He built two houses on it and because of the limited space between the houses, they had a lazy Susan type thing in between the two garages. Depending on which garage was yours, your remote would turn it 90 degrees in either direction so you could pull in, hit the button and then back into your garage.

Emilio Estevez was my uncle's jogging partner (maybe still is) and bought one of the houses. This was back when he was married to Paula Abdul. The standing joke even back then was that you knew when Charlie was visiting because the drapes were always closed and there would be chicks coming and going starting about 3:00am.

Anyway, never met Paula but one day we were out playing volleyball on the beach and I saw Emilio dragging out a jet ski. I ran over and asked him if he needed any help. He said sure then said he had another one in the garage if I wanted to ride it. So I got to spend a couple hours jet skiing in Malibu with Emilio. Great guy and about my age so it was pretty fun flicking each other shit when we'd eat it.

Oh - BTW - my cousin (Stu's son) is Ty Miller. He was The Kid on the Young Riders TV show. I met Sinbad at his house once. Another very funny guy.

I have a bunch more but I'm not sure anyone wants to read them. Sorry for hogging the thread.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Why would you remind me of that? Am I too senile to remember? Hmmm?

29vjrdu.jpg
Nah... I just have a bunch of stories of meeting celebrities and might be inclined to go on and on. And yes Gary needs an evaluation. Gotta love him.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Nah... I just have a bunch of stories of meeting celebrities and might be inclined to go on and on. And yes Gary needs an evaluation. Gotta love him.
He was one of the "raptured " in the series The Leftovers

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Clint isn't very well like by people who know him.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Rush Hudson Limbaugh

I'll be spending a week with Rush's personal pilot and flight attendant at the beginning of August. They're a husband and wife team who've been going to the same little rock in the Bahamas as we have for about 20 years. Nixon had a house built there when he was president... it's still there and is available for rent now.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
ALWAYS wanted to meet Pres. Reagan. My mom did a sculpture of him on horseback from a parade in Paso Robles during his gubernatorial run. It was commissioned by his long time friend Judge Clark. I got to wear the buckskins he was wearing in the photos. It actually fit almost perfect. I told my mom that people pay to wear Elvis outfits. Wearing an outfit worn by my favorite President was a million times cooler. I have some pics of me wearing them somewhere. Here's the sculpture:
Your mom is an amazing Artist/Sculptor (Obviously) very nice work.
My meeting with President Reagan, More of a brief encounter was right after his presidency. I was doing a special engagement at WB and basically all of the great Actors of past and present were invited for a huge re dedication party on the Whole WB lot. We were told to be in tux's provided from wardrobe and were basically there to watch the show, stay out of the way and be on hand in case of emergency. My co worker and I were walking through the doors connecting adjacent stages and all of a sudden as we were dead in between the short 10' hallway that connects the 2 stages the doors fly open and the secret service come in and push us to the walls 2 on each side and one opening the next door. President Reagan then walks through with another at least 1 secret service agent and the rest of the detail fall in behind. It happened so fast you can't imagine. Clint is a gem very approachable and crew friendly he has been around the block, don't bring him drama and don't waste his time and you are fine. He is in the process of making another film that he is producing and directing. Dude just gets better with age and no end in sight. I worked with Bobby when I was much younger (Midnight Run) A good friend of mine handled the weapons ( Weapons Master we call it) and My friend RD and I were practice firing blanks so RD was familiar with the weapons they were using on the film.
Stranger My guess is that if your info is from the 70's he has changed quite a bit.
I have a Mat Damon story I will share one Day but the just of it is and this is only my opinion based on experience. Actors usually start pretty humble and somewhat approachable and as they gain popularity they tend to become difficult. As they age, mature and gain experience which can take several years they mellow again. I have seen it happen a bit. I tend to keep my distance from the ones whose careers are hot. Not that there is any defending of their behavior but you would be shocked at the kit gloves they are treated with and the degree to which they are spoiled.

Last edited:

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
When Pat Riley was still with the Lakers, I got his autograph and he gave me a pat on the head... said he liked my hairstyle.
I was about 9 years old and didn't even know hair had style.

MANY years later I was at a McDonalds drive thru near Chino Hills, CA and see Snoop Dogg in front of me in a black drop-top Impala. I just so happened to have one of his CDs in my car and I held up the case and he looked back smiling and threw up a "W".

After a show I got to meet comedian, Sinbad. Shook his hand and took a few pics. Really cool guy and funny as hell.

Walked right past Samuel L Jackson while I was half-drunk and heading to a club at Mandalay Bay in Vegas about 8 or so years back.

Went to High School with Rams legendary RB, Lawrence Phillips. LOL Guy was a slacker even back then. Rumor has it, he had people writing his papers and doing his homework since his Junior year. What a loser. But he lived like a freakin KING in High School and probably in college too. That didnt last long though.

Finally in JR High, I went to school with a real good dude and former NFL player , Ralph Brown II. He played with the Giants for a while and a few other teams as well. Sick athlete and really cool guy. We played football together in gym class and I was QB to his RB/WR. He pursued that dream and I went on to the wonderful life of corporate America. LOL

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I got to shake George W Bush's hand back when he was running for his second term.

I ran into Goose Gossage at the airport and shook his hand.

But of greater interest for this board; back when the Rams trained in Macomb, pre-1999, it was EASY to get autographs and photos with players. I'd guess some days there was hardly 100-200 people in attendance.

The year Warner broke out my first wife and I sat next to Brenda Warner in the bleachers. My first wife was quite the talker and those two chatted it up.

After practice we bumped into her at lunch (Mexican restaurant) and she introduced us to Kurt. At the time, I told my wife he might not make the team... And we know the rest of that story!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I got to shake George W Bush's hand back when he was running for his second term.

I ran into Goose Gossage at the airport and shook his hand.

But of greater interest for this board; back when the Rams trained in Macomb, pre-1999, it was EASY to get autographs and photos with players. I'd guess some days there was hardly 100-200 people in attendance.

The year Warner broke out my first wife and I sat next to Brenda Warner in the bleachers. My first wife was quite the talker and those two chatted it up.

After practice we bumped into her at lunch (Mexican restaurant) and she introduced us to Kurt. At the time, I told my wife he might not make the team... And we know the rest of that story!
You need to start telling your wife, that Sam Bradford won't make the team, maybe then he'll turn into a hall of fame QB and we'll win the Superbowl.

Well, what are you waiting for?
werewaiting.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You need to start telling your wife, that Sam Bradford won't make the team, maybe then he'll turn into a hall of fame QB and we'll win the Superbowl.

Well, what are you waiting for?
werewaiting.gif

:LOL: That's awesome!

I'm game. It can't hurt!

Memphis Ram

Legend
Lou Brock, the late Steve McNair, Isaac Bruce and I'm not sure how famous he was nationally, but former pro wrestler Iceman King Parsons.

fearsomefour

Legend
I've met a few, mostly music guys from when I played music.
Dio, all the Iron Maiden dudes, Jake E Lee, John Popper, Steve Jones, John Lydon (interesting), Lemmy Kilmeister (awesome), King Diamond.
Met a few movie people, my cousin is a screenwriter.
John Travolta is the most famous probably and was very friendly.
Most of those names people probably don't know. But I was thrilled to meet most of them.