The mother of all polls (LEMONGATE)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What kind of donuts are the ones that have lemon in them?

• Lemon filled

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lemon jelly

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ah... no wonder he is on the wrong side. She wouldn't give him none.
Maybe she didn't like his cust................uh ,swall...........uh well maybe he was offering the wrong filling,time to go to bed ,goodnight John boy,Marry Ellen and all the ships at sea

RamzFanz

Damnit
The point isn't what you think of it. If that is the ingredients to a particular lemon filling or what a donut company would refer to as Lemon Jelly, so be it. The point is what it is called. I've never said that some don't refer to it as filling. But Mr. "X''s argument has always been that there is no such thing as a Lemon Jelly Filled donut. Clearly Winchell's and several others disagree. I and everyone I know has always called them Lemon Jelly Filled - probably because that's what it said on the menu board at the donut shops.

Clearly the Lemon Jelly Filled donut is not for everyone. The supposed origin of the donut was a practical joke that became popular. But make no mistake, that early Lemon goodness that you so despise, was called a Lemon Jelly Filled donut.

To answer your question, that is not how I would make jelly - no. but I don't make donuts either. But I have had several other Jelly donuts and the stuff inside is not what I would make if I were making jelly to put on toast. It's not the same thing at all but it is still referred to as JELLY. Funny that it has a very similar texture to Petroleum Jelly yet I'm guessing no one would argue that there is no such thing as that goop.

The cream filling in a Twinkie has no cream or even milk in it. But it does contain a bunch of ingredients I think most would hardly consider food let alone the basis for a cream filling.

No, no, no, no, and NO.

Twinkies do NOT have a cream filling! They have a creamy filling!

Point - Set - Match

1373475597000-HST-TWINKIES-13-58oz-Burst-5-13-HR-1307101301_4_3.jpg

Jelly's don't even know their twinkies!

Oh, and notice the saying on the top right of the box. DOUBLE slam!

- Drops mic and exits -

1311000574183.gif

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Creamy as in cream like. Jelly as in jell like if you want.

But really, here is indisputable proof. Large chains are now required to post nutritional information about their products. They must list them by the name under which they are sold and then provide nutritional information for them. There is no wiggle room here good sir. Follow the link and go to page 3.
http://www.winchells.com/images/download_files/Winchells_Nutrition_083111.pdf

RamzFanz

Damnit

But really, here is indisputable proof. Large chains are now required to post nutritional information about their products. They must list them by the name under which they are sold and then provide nutritional information for them. There is no wiggle room here good sir. Follow the link and go to page 3.

LOL... Oh no you don't. Jelly is not gel like. It's certainly not filling like.

I'm sorry 503, I just can't take a man seriously in a filling conversation when he claims multiple times twinkies are cream filled. That's like a nun teaching sex ed.

thumb.jpg

OK, maybe that's a bad example, but you know what I mean!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Twinkees are a staple, but here is THE BEST Hostess snack ever. Not available in all 50 US states. Gentleman i present to you...
The Chocodile.
th
Its a Twinkie...with the Ding Dong chocolate coating. AMAZING.
th

RamzFanz

Damnit
Twinkees are a staple, but here is THE BEST Hostess snack ever. Not available in all 50 US states. Gentleman i present to you...
The Chocodile.
th
th

Sweet mother of god!

And that same CREAMY filling?! :sneaky:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Chocodile.
th
th
Loved Chocodiles as a kid. Almost as good as Lemon Jelly Filled donuts.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LOL... Oh no you don't. Jelly is not gel like. It's certainly not filling like.

I'm sorry 503, I just can't take a man seriously in a filling conversation when he claims multiple times twinkies are cream filled. That's like a nun teaching sex ed.

thumb.jpg

OK, maybe that's a bad example, but you know what I mean!
Great example but you're still in denial.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sweet mother of god!

And that same CREAMY filling?! :sneaky:
The Chocodile mascot was formerly Chauncey Chocodile, but Hostess has removed him from packaging and their web site in recent years. Since the late 1990s, Chocodiles are no longer sold on the East Coast of the United States.
Hostess has only a few West Coast factories making them and to ensure the products' freshness, Chocodiles are sold only on the West Coast.
kiss.gif

There has been debate over whether a Chocodile is a chocolate covered Twinkie or a facsimile. The debate arose from the seeming "texture difference" between the Twinkie and the Chocodile. During a taste test and debate in Vacaville, California, opinions were split among those taking the test, as to whether the taste of the cake was the same. This issue was resolved however, during a show on theFood Network. It was confirmed by Hostess that the Chocodile was in fact a chocolate-covered Twinkie. This has caused consternation for some who continue to swear the cake is different. In actuality, it's the chocolate that makes the difference. Due to the chocolate coating, the cake tends to stay more moist, leading to the slightly different texture when compared to a normal Twinkie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chocodile

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Page 10. You'll see that there are two distinctly differently donuts on that page. Jelly. and Lemon-filled.

http://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/menu/nutrition/nutritionguide.pdf

giphy.gif

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I so weary of this while more compelling questions go unasked like "Is it cheese or cheesefood"

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Page 10. You'll see that there are two distinctly differently donuts on that page. Jelly. and Lemon-filled.

http://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/menu/nutrition/nutritionguide.pdf
Notice also on page 10 a donut called "Glazed Cocoa Jelly Donut". WTF is that? That alone is sufficient reason to disqualify Dunkin Donuts from having a say in all this. There supposedly is no such thing as Lemon Jelly but there's a COCOA Jelly? Get the fuck out. That has to be the most convoluted thing I've ever seen. Cocoa fucking Jelly? The HORROR!

And let's not stray too far from your assertion all along and that is that there is no such thing as a Lemon Jelly Filled donut. Clearly if they are sold at a chain the size of Winchell's they exist in large numbers and not just in small mom and pops all over this great country of ours that proudly get up every morning in the wee hours to painstakingly bake and fill each Lemon Jelly Filled donut with the love of a doe tending to her fawn. What do you have against nature? Are you so cruel that you would deny a mother deer the affections of her newborn fawn?

All she wants is to live in a world where it's ok to order a Lemon Jelly Filled donut. Where's your heart?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BTW - I thought Em had a cease and desist order against you.