The mother of all polls (LEMONGATE)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What kind of donuts are the ones that have lemon in them?

• Lemon filled

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lemon jelly

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamzFanz

Damnit
So, 503, is this how you make Jelly:

Lemon Filling: Water, Sugar Syrup, Corn Syrup, Modified Food Starch, Palm Oil, Contains less than 2% of each of the following: Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Sugar, Lemon Juice Powder (Maltodextrin, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Lemon Oil, Tocopherols), Salt, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate (Preservatives), Sodium Citrate, Agar, Artificial Color (Yellow 5, Titanium Dioxide); Powdered Sugar: Dextrose, Corn Starch, Vegetable Oil (Soybean and/or Cottonseed), Palm Oil, Titanium Dioxide (Color), Artificial Flavor.

I mean C'MON, that's not JELLY! That's FILLING!

Less than 2% of any mysterious ingredient with lemon even in the name!

"Natural Flavor? That could be horse piss for all we know. Maltodextrin, Tocopherols, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Agar, Titanium Dioxide and then MORE Titanium Dioxide? As if that wasn't enough artificial flavor they then throw in an ambiguous Artificial Flavor at the end in case the cleaning lady spilled something?!

No, no, no. THAT is filling my friend. Pour in some Sugar Syrup, Corn Syrup, Sugar, and Powdered Sugar for good measure and it's pure glowing yellow chemical goop delight.

If you went to space and came back with that on your space suit, straight to quarantine.

Jelly's make me want to
Vomit.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The point isn't what you think of it. If that is the ingredients to a particular lemon filling or what a donut company would refer to as Lemon Jelly, so be it. The point is what it is called. I've never said that some don't refer to it as filling. But Mr. "X''s argument has always been that there is no such thing as a Lemon Jelly Filled donut. Clearly Winchell's and several others disagree. I and everyone I know has always called them Lemon Jelly Filled - probably because that's what it said on the menu board at the donut shops.

Clearly the Lemon Jelly Filled donut is not for everyone. The supposed origin of the donut was a practical joke that became popular. But make no mistake, that early Lemon goodness that you so despise, was called a Lemon Jelly Filled donut.

To answer your question, that is not how I would make jelly - no. but I don't make donuts either. But I have had several other Jelly donuts and the stuff inside is not what I would make if I were making jelly to put on toast. It's not the same thing at all but it is still referred to as JELLY. Funny that it has a very similar texture to Petroleum Jelly yet I'm guessing no one would argue that there is no such thing as that goop.

The cream filling in a Twinkie has no cream or even milk in it. But it does contain a bunch of ingredients I think most would hardly consider food let alone the basis for a cream filling.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
throw-penalty-flag1.jpg

Insulting Twinkies, @RamFan503 . 15 yard penalty. Repeat 3rd down.
I have to defend myself here. I love Twinkies. The cream filling has nothing to do with cream though. Now this whole fried Twinkie thing is an abomination before God. One of the most disgusting things I've ever tried at a fair.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have to defend myself here. I love Twinkies. The cream filling has nothing to do with cream though.
Kinda like how the lemon filling in lemon filled donuts has nothing to do with jelly?

giphy.gif

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Something is amiss here,I voted jelly ,but my ass terisk shows filling.
I think someone has a back door to the voting .

I had lunch today with a guy who's company has a hack proof app program, Apple won't sell it for him cuz they want a back door, the DOJ has told him it's too dangerous for the public to have that kind of privacy, these are the good old days enjoy your freedom while it lasts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think it's just displaying backwards. Mine says I voted for jelly, and Stu's says he voted for filling.
Horrible vote by you regardless.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I think it's just displaying backwards. Mine says I voted for jelly, and Stu's says he voted for filling.
Horrible vote by you regardless.
Sez the fox in the hen house:whistle:

It also sez I can vote multiple times ,but no can do

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

You sir are a very wise man. Now if you could just offer some learnin' to that RamzFanz guy. :cool:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
You sir are a very wise man. Now if you could just offer some learnin' to that RamzFanz guy. :cool:
And you are an excellent judge of character sir.

Advice for RamzFanz, don't change that avatar