The mother of all polls (LEMONGATE)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What kind of donuts are the ones that have lemon in them?

• Lemon filled

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lemon jelly

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamzFanz

Damnit
No way jelly. NO WAY. Don't even try that crap.

Jelly is a food.

Filling is a great and wondrous mystery.

It's like grape JUICE, which is just plain old juice, and grape DRINK, which it doesn't matter what it is, it's purple and delicious and mysterious.

jel·ly
  1. a sweet, clear, semisolid, somewhat elastic spread or preserve made from fruit juice and sugar boiled to a thick consistency.

fill·ing
  1. a quantity of material that fills or is used to fill something.

Really, just stop it. You jelly people disgust me. :hellno:

I didn't know there were "Jelly's" here or I may not have even joined.

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
having worked at a Winchell's Donut Shop....they were called lemon FILLED. granted that was back in olden days....but they are still called lemon FILLED in our home. (the filling looked like yellow gloop to me, not very appetizing)

so i guess my vote is for filled. :)

The experts are chiming in!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

Jelly is a food.

It's like grape JUICE, which is just plain old juice, and grape DRINK, which it doesn't matter what it is, it's purple and delicious and mysterious.

jel·ly
  1. a sweet, clear, semisolid, somewhat elastic spread or preserve made from fruit juice and sugar boiled to a thick consistency.

fill·ing

4658246649_tumblr_lm0vg0Wq8c1qioajq_xlarge.jpeg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Jelly is a food.

jel·ly

fill·ing

First of all I want to thank you for your input. You bring up some very interesting points.

I'm not sure where you got your definition of jelly but it leaves out some key ingredients. I have made various jellies and if you tried to cook down fruit juice and sugar, you would end up with a thick, gooey syrup. It would not in any way, resemble jelly or any other gelatinized substance. As someone who has made a profession out of cooking, I have seen people mix butter, water, and flour and call it gravy. I think you'd agree that doesn't match with any real definition of gravy. If it did, you I certainly wouldn't use it on my plate. BTW - the plate for my Rack of Lamb had a drizzle on it and some herbs. Cleaning the plate would have taken from the presentation that obviously didn't come through well enough in the picture. Donkey my ass. :cool:

I have researched this topic backward and forward and even though you consider an employee of Winchell's from "back in the olden days" an "expert", I would definitely consider the founder of Winchell's as a much more qualified expert in the field of Lemon Jelly Filled donuts. I have already posted pictures from their website that clearly state that Lemon Jelly is the filling in their donuts. I also provided a link to their GOVERNMENT MANDATED nutritional information pages that also clearly state that it is a Lemon JELLY Filled donut.

So while I appreciate other points of view, the idea that there is no such thing as a Lemon Jelly Filled donut is... well... just plain silly. Now keep in mind. That is the real question here. Is there such a thing as a Lemon Jelly Filled donut. Not whether you consider that filling to be the jelly you put on toast. But that there is such a thing - period. All you have to do is go back through this thread and follow the URL from Winchell's Donuts (one of the largest and oldest donut chains in the entire nation) and you will see indisputable proof.

I thank you for your time and consideration. Nice shirt BTW.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Balls.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. I've already laid out my case.
My campaign manager is handling the ads now, so I'm done talking. ;)
What case? "No there isn't"? Sheesh! What people try to pass off as evidence these days.

So I ask you America and ROD members, if Mr. "X" is not willing to put forth the effort to even campaign on the very platform he chose to put forward, if elected, is he really going to step up to the plate for you when some bureaucrat or thug tries to tell YOU what's in your donut and what you can and cannot call it? Clearly he will not.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And you know what the best part is?
I actually gave you my vote in the poll. :ROFLMAO:

F3JIGgl.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I smell some hijinks going on here. I looked about thirty seconds ago and I was up 11 - 10.

And BTW - here's what my screen shows. I give you tit for your tat.
upload_2014-6-11_10-34-48.png

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I smell some hijinks going on here. I looked about thirty seconds ago and I was up 11 - 10.

And BTW - here's what my screen shows. I give you tit for your tat.
View attachment 2008
I'm disappointed. There should be about 40-50 votes on this by now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The apathy among voters is alarming - no?
Yeah. Especially on something as important as this.
It's not like we're asking about nuclear disarmament of North Korea or anything.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah. Especially on something as important as this.
It's not like we're asking about nuclear disarmament of North Korea or anything.
Right? What is wrong with people these days. There is a world in the balance here. I tell yuh, it sure doesn't pay to offer your time for the betterment of society when all you get is a smattering of interest from the public. We have an issue here that affects millions of lives every day and yet people sit on their hands. The Lemon Jelly Filled donut eating public is at risk of losing something very sacred.

Americans, I urge you to vote. Be it for my opponent or for what is really right, just get out and exercise your right - nay - your obligation.