The mother of all polls (LEMONGATE)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What kind of donuts are the ones that have lemon in them?

• Lemon filled

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Lemon jelly

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If you were making lemon jelly would IT be lemon filled?

Which came first the lemon or the jelly?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
BTW lil weight loss strategery, if you like jelly on toast ,try substituting yogurt my boys used to do this during wrestling season.

SilverRose

UDFA
having worked at a Winchell's Donut Shop....they were called lemon FILLED. granted that was back in olden days....but they are still called lemon FILLED in our home. (the filling looked like yellow gloop to me, not very appetizing)

so i guess my vote is for filled. :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
having worked at a Winchell's Donut Shop....they were called lemon FILLED. granted that was back in olden days....but they are still called lemon FILLED in our home. (the filling looked like yellow gloop to me, not very appetizing)

Atta girl. :love:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

While I appreciate your recollection and participation in the voting process, I already posted pics directly from Winchell's website that clearly states - and I quote, "Powdered Lemon Jelly Donut". With all due respect, I find your recollection to flawed as I have proven otherwise. Again, I appreciate your participation in the process and urge you to search Winchell's own website. For ease of use, I have included the url for the nutrition pdf from Winchell's themselves. http://www.winchells.com/images/download_files/Winchells_Nutrition_083111.pdf
Please refer to page 3 - donut #11 where it clearly states, "Filled - Lemon Jelly w/ Donut Sugar". As you can see, the preponderance of the evidence can leave you with no other conclusion that one of the largest donut chains in the country, fills those donuts with Lemon Jelly. I would like to add that there would be serious legal RAMifications if Winchell's were to mislead the public in their government mandated nutritional information pages.

While my opponent is a very honorable man, he may be just biased by living in a swamp his whole life and therefore ain't never hear-ed of Lemon JELLY. I urge you to do the right thing and change your vote to the appropriate answer which clearly can only be Lemon Jelly.

Thank you for your consideration. And that hair style looks great on you.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Is there a chance we could compromise and say that they are Lemon Jelly Filled Donuts?

And that both of you hate us all and think we're stupid?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Is there a chance we could compromise and say that they are Lemon Jelly Filled Donuts?

And that both of you hate us all and think we're stupid?
First of all, let me say that you are very wise and I consider you a friend of mine and the Lemon Jelly Filled donut.

Your position is exactly my position. I know. It seams pretty simple and obviously rational to accept the term. Unfortunately, my opponent has dug his heels in and will accept no Jelly in the name of his lemon filled donut. That cannot be allowed to stand. What's next? Is he going to insist we start calling petroleum jelly, petroleum ointment? I took a stand against this abhorrent injustice and I am duty bound to see it through.

I would love it if a rational thought like what you are logically posing was being proffered by my esteemed colleague. However, I cannot let someone say that first there is no such thing as Lemon Jelly. And then also that there is no such thing as a Lemon JELLY Filled Donut. I have been eating them all my life.

We must stand together with the Lemon Jelly Filled donut eating public and rise against this attempt to squelch our God given right to walk up to the counter of our friendly neighborhood donut shop and say, "I'll have a Lemon Jelly Filled donut please. And while you're at it, make it two." Do you want that right taken away merely because some have decided to drop the Jelly from the name? It is this kind of thought process that has resulted in practices like kids not pulling up their pants and not tipping in restaurants. Do you really want to be a part of the continuing degradation of society? We must make a stand. And that stand is Lemon Jelly in our donuts.

Thank you America. And long live the Lemon Jelly Filled donut.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Americans and ROD members: Also please notice that my opponent has been very quiet as of late. I can only assume he is sitting back in his easy chair much like a politician after redrawing his district or he has nothing to say to defend his position against the preponderance of evidence stacking up against his position.

I urge you to do what's right for America. And it's right for ROD as well.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Stu Miller

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Balls.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
First of all, let me say that you are very wise and I consider you a friend of mine and the Lemon Jelly Filled donut.

Your position is exactly my position. I know. It seams pretty simple and obviously rational to accept the term. Unfortunately, my opponent has dug his heels in and will accept no Jelly in the name of his lemon filled donut. That cannot be allowed to stand. What's next? Is he going to insist we start calling petroleum jelly, petroleum ointment? I took a stand against this abhorrent injustice and I am duty bound to see it through.

I would love it if a rational thought like what you are logically posing was being proffered by my esteemed colleague. However, I cannot let someone say that first there is no such thing as Lemon Jelly. And then also that there is no such thing as a Lemon JELLY Filled Donut. I have been eating them all my life.

We must stand together with the Lemon Jelly Filled donut eating public and rise against this attempt to squelch our God given right to walk up to the counter of our friendly neighborhood donut shop and say, "I'll have a Lemon Jelly Filled donut please. And while you're at it, make it two." Do you want that right taken away merely because some have decided to drop the Jelly from the name? It is this kind of thought process that has resulted in practices like kids not pulling up their pants and not tipping in restaurants. Do you really want to be a part of the continuing degradation of society? We must make a stand. And that stand is Lemon Jelly in our donuts.

Thank you America. And long live the Lemon Jelly Filled donut.
Now I feel pandered to. :p

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
C2uXvSQ.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Care to link me to that Tweet? I thought not.

Ladies and gentlemen: Isn't it clear how my opponent will simply make stuff up in order to try to pull the wool over the voters' eyes. I'm sure you can recognize him as a charlatan with his meager - though well put together - attempts to prove something that he knows he simply can't prove. Oh the horror! His campaign has been about crying foul from the get go while fabricating elaborate half truths and flat out lies! But I've come to expect that from this scurvy dog. But this?

Why I talked to Emeril just the other day and he was lamenting about how some Mr. "X" wanted him to give a statement he could use in an upcoming campaign. What Em (that's what his friends call him BTW) told me was that at first he was like - "help a brother out who designed a kick ass site for his favorite team (don't tell anyone because they all think he is an Ain'ts fan)? You bet." But then when the shifty Mr. "X" told him what he wanted him to say, Em told me he lost his cool. He regrets it but he told Mr. "X" to do a very uncomfortable sexual maneuver and that as a chef, it would be career suicide to even hint at the idea that there was no such thing as a Lemon Jelly Filled donut. He chuckled at the mere thought. So, after exchanging a few rub recipes and tales of the kitchen, he asked me if my campaign needed any help from him. I told him thanks, but it shouldn't be necessary. Of course neither of us had any idea that this Mr. "X" would do anything THIS low.

Hey Paulie. Em says to never EVER call him again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
At this time I would like to give the American public a well-deserved break from all of this campaigning.
There will be hot dogs and apple pie served in the receiving room as well.

Enjoy!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I would like to take this opportunity to applaud my opponent for his taste in cinematography. Though I believe that subliminal messages could be illegal in this country, I think it is just good policy to not try to play politics in cases like this. I urge Mr. "X' to continue with this method of campaigning and look forward to him actually getting back to debating me on the real issue before you.