The Los Angeles Rams Looking To Install Spread Attack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Not that I'm buying the "wait until you see what we unleash" bs, but maybe JF never had the QB.
Bradford just didn't have the balls. Don't know how else to say it. Maybe Murmer freaked him up - dunno, but he did (does) not have the "it" that I believe Goff has.

ALA Favre and Rodgers. (One can dream) !

I think it was more do to our routes. go 3 yards and turn around is not a spread offense. that year our routes were just stupid generic turnarounds made me sick to even watch it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
In 2013 when the Rams drafted Tavon Austin, the team went towards a more power-run/spread attack. With Sam Bradford at the quaterback position and rookie first-round pick Tavon Austin having extreme college success in the spread, fans were really excited about the possibilities of the offense.

Then reality came crashing down when the season began.

Somehow, everyone forgot Jeff Fisher and his staff knew nothing about running a spread offense as they all have always run a power scheme. Then, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, proved early and often he was in over his head in the attempts to design route concepts from the spread that would allow the offense to flourish. Furthermore, the spread that Bradford ran in college, and the one Tavon was used to, wasn't even remotely close to being similar. And to top it all off, Schottenheimer didn't do much to lessen the learning curve, as the verbiage was rumored to be overly complex.

Sam was on his way to his best season in 2013. Tavon was a rookie. Of course it wasn't gonna be like in college. Also THAT offensive team was way different then and now. Put TG behind Sam, in front of this OL, and young receivers, and I would bet that Sam and Tavon would both be successful.

This snippet is just the old "blame the OC" shtick which I'm sick to death. He doesn't know shit about the game plans, the execution, or take into account personnel and injuries. Hell, he even admits that it's a rumor that the playbook was overly complex.

Also, to piggyback off what @RamFan503 said, all Jeff Fisher said was they are gonna spread the ball around more. That doesn't mean shotgun the majority of the time.

These articles...huh? WHAT?! WHY?!?!?!