The Kirk Cousins era is over in Washington

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-colt-mccoy-will-start-until-rg3-is-cleared/

Kirk Cousins benched, Colt McCoy will start until RG3 is cleared
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 20, 2014

grudenmccoy.jpg
AP

The Kirk Cousins era is over in Washington.

Coach Jay Gruden announced today that Colt McCoy is his new starting quarterback untilRobert Griffin III is cleared to return from his ankle injury. Gruden said he doesn’t know when Griffin will be cleared, but if he’s not cleared for next Monday night’s game against Dallas, then McCoy will start.

On one level, that doesn’t come as a big surprise: Cousins has been lousy, and McCoy provided the team with a spark when he came in after Cousins was benched on Sunday. It only makes sense to keep McCoy on the job.

But on another level, it’s a stunner: As recently as a couple weeks ago there was talk that Cousins was the best fit for Gruden’s offense and might keep the job over Griffin. Instead, Cousins is now Washington’s third-string quarterback.

Washington is going nowhere this season, and the most important priority is to get Griffin healthy and see if he can flourish in Gruden’s offense. All Cousins has done is show that not only is he not a threat to unseat Griffin as the No. 1 quarterback, but he’s not even good enough to be a No. 2 quarterback.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I said it when people were shouting for the Rams to trade for Cousins and I'll say it again...Cousins=Flynn/Kolb.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Every time I hear the name Colt McCoy,,, and I mean every single time. This is what I think of...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
OMG... I fleeced a good friend of mine in a trade.

I traded for... AUSTIN DAVIS hahaha!!! This was a few weeks ago and I feel like a huge pile of dog crap, now. :( ----> :D ----> :(

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Kinda obvious what way they will be going in the draft. Think Sneed can fleece them again?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The Cousins saga is why I reserve judgement on Austin Davis...The sample size on him is a bit limited...He may be the real deal and I like a lot of things he does...Others, not so much...Most of my question marks are due to inexperience I suppose...At worst, he's gotten the Rams going this year and for that I'm grateful...Let's see if this team can start to believe in themselves and feed off of recent work...Can't remember the last time the Rams had 14+ point leads in any 3 games of a 4 game stretch..:party:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
The Cousins saga is why I reserve judgement on Austin Davis...The sample size on him is a bit limited...He may be the real deal and I like a lot of things he does...Others, not so much...Most of my question marks are due to inexperience I suppose...At worst, he's gotten the Rams going this year and for that I'm grateful...Let's see if this team can start to believe in themselves and feed off of recent work...Can't remember the last time the Rams had 14+ point leads in any 3 games of a 4 game stretch..:party:
As long as he doesn't have to throw more than 15 passes under duress, I like our chances! :sneaky:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
i never thought his era began in the first place. Skins make a big deal about everything. NFC East queens of drama

Irish

Starter
Its funny to me that fans can say "The Rams and Sam Bradford aren't successful because the team around him is bad" out of one side of their mouths, while the other side of their mouth is laughing at Kirk Cousins and the Redskins for their futile offensive play.

Anyone can objectively watch Kirk Cousins play and can plainly see the guy has the tools to thrive in the NFL if put in the right situation. Washington is so dysfunctional right now that no one, not even RG3 could put that team in a position to succeed. I will take Quick, Cook, and Bailey over Niles Paul, Pierre Garcon, and one trick pony Desean Jackson any day. The Rams have a (marginally) better O line and a much deeper RB situation (Morris, however, is a stud).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Let me just post I was wrong about Cousins really liked him coming out (of Michigan State not like Michael Sam) and felt strongly he would make it very difficult for the Redskins to go back to RGIII and would've jumped at the chance for him to be donning horns.

Now Cousins has been superseded by a player that has been around the NFL and back and the Rams have this Austin Davis kid who right now looks not too damn bad!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So let me get this straight, there's a QB on this planet who got benched in favor of Colt McCoy????

tumblr_mn7gcbcXsQ1s4f4t0o1_400.gif