O.J. Simpson is released from prison

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here’s where and when to watch O.J. Simpson’s parole hearing

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/19/heres-where-and-when-to-watch-o-j-simpsons-parole-hearing/

Simpson’s parole hearing will take place in Carson City, Nev. But he will not be in the state capital when four commissioners make their ruling. Instead, Simpson will appear via video conference from the Lovelock Correctional Center in Lovelock, Nev.

The 10 a.m. hearing will be available to broadcast outlets and as a live stream, and since the hearing is expected to last a half-hour at most, expect just about every cable news network and most network-affiliated broadcast stations to carry it.

Due to Simpson’s athletic accomplishments, ESPN is among the cable outlets that is broadcasting the hearing and bookending it with substantial analysis.

Also expect CNN, Fox News and MSNBC to provide coverage.

The NBC, CBS and ABC networks will also broadcast the Simpson hearing, and those committed to live streams include CBS and ABC’s digital channels.

And given Los Angeles’ interest in Simpson, KTLA5’s Morning News at 10 a.m. should also follow the live feed out of Nevada.

Due to the intense media coverage, the Nevada parole board says it will issue a decision on Simpson’s parole on the same day as the hearing.

If the parole board votes in Simpson’s favor, the soonest he can be released is Oct. 1.

And if his parole is denied, his next hearing will be in six months.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Here’s where and when to watch O.J. Simpson’s parole hearing

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/19/heres-where-and-when-to-watch-o-j-simpsons-parole-hearing/

Simpson’s parole hearing will take place in Carson City, Nev. But he will not be in the state capital when four commissioners make their ruling. Instead, Simpson will appear via video conference from the Lovelock Correctional Center in Lovelock, Nev.

The 10 a.m. hearing will be available to broadcast outlets and as a live stream, and since the hearing is expected to last a half-hour at most, expect just about every cable news network and most network-affiliated broadcast stations to carry it.

Due to Simpson’s athletic accomplishments, ESPN is among the cable outlets that is broadcasting the hearing and bookending it with substantial analysis.

Also expect CNN, Fox News and MSNBC to provide coverage.

The NBC, CBS and ABC networks will also broadcast the Simpson hearing, and those committed to live streams include CBS and ABC’s digital channels.

And given Los Angeles’ interest in Simpson, KTLA5’s Morning News at 10 a.m. should also follow the live feed out of Nevada.

Due to the intense media coverage, the Nevada parole board says it will issue a decision on Simpson’s parole on the same day as the hearing.

If the parole board votes in Simpson’s favor, the soonest he can be released is Oct. 1.

And if his parole is denied, his next hearing will be in six months.

Why not pay per view. :poop:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-parole-hearing-doesnt-seem-to-be-going-well/

O.J. Simpson’s parole hearing doesn’t seem to be going well
Posted by Mike Florio on July 20, 2017

ap_172016266144421-e1500572754879.jpg
AP

I don’t know much about parole hearings and I don’t know anything about the rules that apply for granting or denying parole in Nevada. But the O.J. Simpson parole hearing doesn’t seem to be going well.

Simpson rambled throughout the first 30 minutes of the hearing, quibbling over details and generally creating the impression that he still doesn’t fully accept responsibility for the things he was convicted of doing. It’s a far cry from the sullen and somber “yes” and “no” demeanor that would be ideal for convincing the members of the parole board to set him free.

At one point, for example, Simpson spent time trying to explain that the California courts have determined that the property he was convicted of trying to retrieve through illegal means was indeed his property.

He either has had no competent preparation for his remarks, or he has ignored the advice he has received. While this doesn’t mean he won’t get out, this process doesn’t seem to be going as smoothly as it would to create the general impression that he has said what he needs to say in order to secure his freedom.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-parole-hearing-doesnt-seem-to-be-going-well/

O.J. Simpson’s parole hearing doesn’t seem to be going well
Posted by Mike Florio on July 20, 2017

ap_172016266144421-e1500572754879.jpg
AP

I don’t know much about parole hearings and I don’t know anything about the rules that apply for granting or denying parole in Nevada. But the O.J. Simpson parole hearing doesn’t seem to be going well.

Simpson rambled throughout the first 30 minutes of the hearing, quibbling over details and generally creating the impression that he still doesn’t fully accept responsibility for the things he was convicted of doing. It’s a far cry from the sullen and somber “yes” and “no” demeanor that would be ideal for convincing the members of the parole board to set him free.

At one point, for example, Simpson spent time trying to explain that the California courts have determined that the property he was convicted of trying to retrieve through illegal means was indeed his property.

He either has had no competent preparation for his remarks, or he has ignored the advice he has received. While this doesn’t mean he won’t get out, this process doesn’t seem to be going as smoothly as it would to create the general impression that he has said what he needs to say in order to secure his freedom.
It made me cringe to hear that judge laughing about the mistaken age of the unconconvicted double murderer. Laughing with OJ is about as appealing as enjoying a clown performance by John Wayne Gacy.....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he was released. We get to "enjoy" the killer on social media and diligently seeking the killers of Nicole and Ron Goldman on a golf course near you.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Not a surprise that they are cutting him loose.

He's moving down here to FL... there are laws here that protect your home against civil suits... and no state income tax on his $25K per month pension.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Parole member to OJ--"why should we grant you parole?" OJ-- "There are hundreds of golf courses I still have to search for Nicole and Ron's killer".

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
5O2H5v2.jpg
WGWPwRo.jpg

$300,000 a year, will buy a lot of beer...things are going great, and only getting better..
~OJ Simpson

MghcSme.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, I know what I'd be doing this week if the killer of one of my kids was getting paroled. Good luck with that Juice!

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Question... was he ever convicted criminally for those murder charges... or did he win?

What's the point of our judicial system and our way of thinking "Innocent until proven guilty" ... if people, 20 years after the fact, still clamor to the idea that he's guilty for something he was never found guilty for, criminally. (not talking civil suits).

I find some of these responses extremely biased and unfounded... but whatever.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-caught-masturbating-cell-impact-parole.html

OJ Simpson's parole may be in jeopardy after he was caught masturbating in his Nevada prison cell by a female corrections officer
By Alan Butterfield In Lovelock, Nevada For Dailymail.com

4276774700000578-4710666-image-a-25_1500476769407.jpg

OJ Simpson could be denied parole after he was caught pleasuring himself in his cell - strictly verboten in federal prisons in the U.S. - a prison source has told Dailymail.com.

'OJ is facing a disciplinary hearing after being written up for masturbating in his prison cell,' said the source. 'He was caught by a female corrections officer making her normal rounds in late June.'

Dailymail.com confirmed with Lovelock Correctional Center that it does employ female corrections officers.

When OJ, now 70, goes in front of the Nevada Department of Corrections Parole Board on Thursday, he still won't have faced a disciplinary hearing for the masturbation charge, which, says the source, could pose a problem for him.

'While it's not the most serious charge to be written up for in prison, it's serious enough that any potential parole date maybe be delayed or his parole denied all together,' added the source.

OJ was written up under the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 (PREA) the first United States federal law passed dealing with the sexual assault of prisoners. The bill was signed into law on September 4, 2003. While masturbation is not directly mentioned in this act, it is considered by many states to be a sexual offense in this bill.

Brook Keast, a public information officer for the Nevada Department of Corrections told Dailymail.com that an inmate masturbating in his cell can be considered a violation if 'the officer believes the inmates actions were intentional.'

'It's up to the discretion of the correctional officer to decide the intent. If the officer believes the actions were intentional the inmate would be written up for MJ30 violation.'

'A hearing would be held where the inmate will be given a chance to testify and tell his version of events. If found guilty by prison officials the severity of the punishment would vary depending on what prison officials believe the intentions of the violation were, It could range from something as a simple write-up to good time credited being taken away from the inmate. It depends on a lot of factors.'

A Nevada Department of Corrections orientation handout given to all inmates when they first arrive at prison defines a MJ30 as - Sexually stimulating activities, including but not limited to caressing, kissing or fondling, except as authorized by department visitation regulations.

'OJ is sweating bullets over his write up. He had been intentionally laying low for the past few months to avoid any problems and now this write-up could cost his freedom for his planned October release,' said the insider. 'He is his own worst enemy,'

Hmmmm...when you put "OJ" and "rubbed out" in a sentence, the first thought is of Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman not OJ Jr.! :rimshot:

I only spent some time in county jails(California). I've been told that's the worst of all. Luckily I was scared straight at a young age. :hiding:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408663

Not young enough! :neener::pillowfight:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Question... was he ever convicted criminally for those murder charges... or did he win?

What's the point of our judicial system and our way of thinking "Innocent until proven guilty" ... if people, 20 years after the fact, still clamor to the idea that he's guilty for something he was never found guilty for, criminally. (not talking civil suits).

I find some of these responses extremely biased and unfounded... but whatever.
You have children? Someone murder them and get away with it and you'd be satisfied with justice? Our system isn't perfect but it could use some correction from time to time. All I can say is if my kid was the victim, we'd have a dead man walking.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
First stop for OJ? Dick's Sporting Goods! Knives, guns, gloves, ski masks and golf equipment all under one roof!