The Houston Texans; our little brother

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Houston Texans, our little brother. I say little, because, we are the older franchise no matter how you choose to calculate it.

Best known for their defense, the Texans rank 7th in PPG in 2014, with star power along the front 7; JJ Watt, newly acquired Wilfork, and Clowney.

With a run dominant offense, the Texans finished 5th in the NFL with 2,147 yards rushing... 1,200 of which by Arian Foster.

Offensively, they are searching for answers at QB with Ryan Mallet, Brian Hoyer, and Tom Savage.

The Texans appear cut from the same cloth as our Rams:
1) A solid defense starting with the front 7 (albeit they do run a 3-4)
2) An offense centered around the running game
3) A team, one could argue, is solid quarterbacking away from taking the next step

I'm guessing their forums sound a lot like ours right now.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Not to mention the Texans were BAD for a lot of years. I'll never forget the Amish Rifles comeback against them. 10 points in the last 30 seconds to tie and a 57 yard screen pass to Kevin Curtis for the game winning touchdown.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
NEVER want to see the Rams in ANY other Div. but the NFCWest!!!!!!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OK, how about we wish they were in our division? :whistle:
unknown1.jpg
o_O:confused:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You mentioned you only want the Rams in the NFC west. He said what if they move into our division then? So they would be in our division and we would stay in the NFC west.
I was speaking strictly about the Rams staying in the NFC west. I didn't take it that he was talking about the Texans moving into the NFC West, I thought that he wanted the Rams to move out. Fro said "Wish we were in their Division"

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Why? I mean what if they stay in St.Louis but get swapped to the AFC west for some reason?
The Rams ( and the 49ers) Have way too much History in the NFC West to go anywhere else. That is the stated reason why the NFL didn't Change them on the last re-alignment! I see nothing to change that opinion!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
The Rams ( and the 49ers) Have way too much History in the NFC West to go anywhere else. That is the stated reason why the NFL didn't Change them on the last re-alignment! I see nothing to change that opinion!
Ok. I wasn't aware that people loved to hate the 9ers so much. Perhaps it's because I'm younger that I don't really have attachment to the division. I mean I do think we fit well in the NFCWEST because of 9ers and our ties to the Cardinals. I just didnt put too much weight into it. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ok. I wasn't aware that people loved to hate the 9ers so much. Perhaps it's because I'm younger that I don't really have attachment to the division. I mean I do think we fit well in the NFCWEST because of 9ers and our ties to the Cardinals. I just didnt put too much weight into it. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
No Problemo !:)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
More weight than y0u can imagine, even if you were a dragon! (see what I did there?) So much weight that us ol Ram's fans crap yellow and red but we bleed blue and white ( ok, blue and white/yellow/gold)

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I agree ... NEVER want to see the Rams moved out of the NFCW. They and the Niner's are the only two original members

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Houston was 3rd best in Team Net turnover points(51) in 2014 behind Green Bay(67) and New England(61), and in front of Seattle(47) who ranked 4th.
Houston ranked 1st in total takeaway points(118), but surrendered (67) giveaway points. Still not bad...they're doing it right.

Rams were 6th worst(-23) above only Tennessee, Tampa, NYJ, Washington and Oakland in Team Net turnover points in 2014.
Only Philadelphia(109) and Oakland(109) gave away more points directly off turnovers then the Rams did(102).
Difference for Philly is that they ranked 5th in takeaway points which helped to even this opportunistic statistic out a bit for them.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-net-turnover-points-statistics/2014/