The great Skip Bayless everybody

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
image.jpg

Getting paid to troll since 92...or whenever he started gracing espn with his presence.

Alan

Legend
I don't normally say many bad things about writers although I've called Bernie a baby several times. :LOL: But whenever I hear his name I think of the word bloviate for some reason.

Last edited:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That was in 2012 though, during RG3s rookie season. A lot easier to say that then.

V3

Hall of Fame
What I find funny is how there have been lot of people here that insist Luck isn't anything special.

SierraRam

Recreational User
What I find funny is how there have been lot of people here that insist Luck isn't anything special.

Here's the 2014 strength of schedule for each NFL team (Combined 2013 record of all 16 opponents, combined winning percentage)

1. Oakland Raiders: 148-108, .578

2. Denver Broncos: 146-110, .570

3. St. Louis Rams: 144-111-1, .564

32. Indianapolis Colts: 110-146, .430 One thing's for sure, he's hell on inferior opponents.

dhaab

Rookie
You have to remember that Bayless is the ONE writer in Chicago during the Jordan era who would openly rip on MJ. He found all kinds of reasons to criticize the best NBA player ever. Biggest hack in the history of journalism, but his schtick has made him millions.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What do you mean by special? I think he's a top 10 QB but I wouldn't call him special. But the phrase "anything special" could also mean average or mediocre so I'm not really sure what you mean.

I think he's a good QB but is a bit overhyped. Here are my top 10 QBs:
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Peyton Manning
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Philip Rivers
7. Tony Romo
8. Andrew Luck
9. Russell Wilson
10. Matt Ryan

V3

Hall of Fame
Here's the 2014 strength of schedule for each NFL team (Combined 2013 record of all 16 opponents, combined winning percentage)

1. Oakland Raiders: 148-108, .578

2. Denver Broncos: 146-110, .570

3. St. Louis Rams: 144-111-1, .564

32. Indianapolis Colts: 110-146, .430 One thing's for sure, he's hell on inferior opponents.
I didn't know Luck was solely responsible for Indy's wins? He has no O line, not much of a running game, and a mediocre defense.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you mean by special? I think he's a top 10 QB but I wouldn't call him special. But the phrase "anything special" could also mean average or mediocre so I'm not really sure what you mean.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Peyton Manning
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Philip Rivers
7. Tony Romo
8. Andrew Luck
9. Russell Wilson
10. Matt Ryan
I won't ever put Russell Wilson in my top 10 anything. He's a perfect system QB. But I really don't think he's all that great.

V3

Hall of Fame

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Peyton Manning
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Philip Rivers
7. Tony Romo
8. Andrew Luck
9. Russell Wilson
10. Matt Ryan
If you're top 10 in the NFL, I'd call you special. I'd definitely put him ahead of Romo and maybe Rivers, but that's not really that important. He's in the top 10, IMO.

Philly5

Rookie
RG3 stock was way up back in 2012. Skip is always a moron though.

I think Luck is a little hyped, but still the best QB of his group. Has a chance to really emerge when playoffs roll around.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I didn't know Luck was solely responsible for Indy's wins? He has no O line, not much of a running game, and a mediocre defense.

Me neither. He's a good QB but he's not "special" yet. My point was he has plenty of opportunities to get well, and to his credit, he takes advantage of them. Titans X2, Jags X2, Houston X2, sweet! His stats sparkle against their tough division rivals.

Back to topic: Is he better than RG3? Yes. Is Bayless an idiot? Hell yes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you're top 10 in the NFL, I'd call you special. I'd definitely put him ahead of Romo and maybe Rivers, but that's not really that important. He's in the top 10, IMO.

Nah. Healthy Rivers is underrated as hell. He's a brilliant presnap QB. Romo is also a better QB. Luck can get there but those guys are more mentally mature and that makes a big difference. Luck has lucked out(no pun intended) with a really easy division and schedule the past few years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won't ever put Russell Wilson in my top 10 anything. He's a perfect system QB. But I really don't think he's all that great.

He's a top 10 QB. Guy has his faults but he has a shaky OL, lacks weapons at WR/TE and is still playing well.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I used to think the same thing about this guy, but one thing I know is he would have made this Rams squad a team that nobody would want to mess with come playoff time this year.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Bayless = Bernie on the national stage...Presumptive, prone to knee jerk reactions and just plain generally irritating..(At least to me)...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Peyton Manning
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Philip Rivers
7. Tony Romo
8. Andrew Luck
9. Russell Wilson
10. Matt Ryan
Looks good to me, but i'm putting Romo down there with Matt Ryan and Wilson. Luck belongs right around Rivers and above Romo.

A.Rodgers has been the best QB in the league for a few seasons now.