The Divide In The Seahawks Locker Room

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...of-seattle-locker-room-divide-in-unusual-way/

ESPN confirms existence of Seattle locker-room divide, in unusual way
Posted by Mike Florio on October 24, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
wilson1.jpg
AP
The Seahawks have a divided locker room. Unless they don’t. Unless they do.

ESPN has advanced the ball on this topic in an unusual way. Appearing on SportsCenter and introducing Thursday’s sound from Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, anchor Kenny Mayne encroached on the turf of national insiders Chris Mortensen, Adam Schefter, Ed Werder, and roughly 17 or so others.

“Two sources — one inside the team, one outside of the underachieving 3-3 Seahawks — tell me that much of what was written in Mike Freeman’s Bleacher Report column is true,” Mayne said, apparently reading from carefully-crafted prompter copy. “[Freeman] wrote of turmoil involving since-traded Percy Harvin and the quarterback Russell Wilson that led to a more widespread internal battle pitting those for Russell Wilson and those against. And Freeman surmised on his own an issue among some teammates regarding Wilson that quote, he isn’t black enough. A certain expected behavior based on color, apparently. One of the sources told me, quote, I don’t know how he got all that stuff, but it’s pretty much true. We do have a divide. We’re working on it. Thursday that notion was not presented to Wilson, but over and again, questions came about Harvin’s departure.”

First, Freeman didn’t surmise on his own the question of whether Wilson is “black enough.” While Freeman chose not to share any specific quotes he had gathered directly from members of the organization, here’s what he said: “My feeling on this — and it’s backed up by several interviews with Seahawks players — is that some of the black players think Wilson isn’t black enough.” (Emphasis added.)

Second, the notion of a locker-room divide was presented to Wilson.

“There’s no division in our locker room,” Wilson told reporters. “There’s none at all. If anything, I think we’ve continued to build, continued to grow. I truly believe that. I think that the guys that we have in the locker room, the guys that believe that we can still go 1 and 0 and still be a championship team; those are the guys that we have sitting in this room every day. Every morning when we wake up, we’re looking for one common goal and that’s to win football games.”
Over the weekend, Mortensen attempted to shoot down “speculation” (it was more than speculation) of Harvin vs. Wilson by reporting that Wilson “actually wanted to help Percy Harvin with anger & trust issues,” and that the team — not Wilson — gave up on Harvin. Mayne’s words dispute the picture Mortensen painted.

Which possibly creates a (wait for it) divide in Bristol between the folks charged with gathering news and those with the responsibility of teeing up the news gatherers, talking over highlights, trying to be funny, and sometimes succeeding.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
A non-story if they had one on Sunday. Media still grasping for straws on this big upset to their Seahawks.

All I can say is eat it. Seattle. Everyone knew you lost a ton of guys.

I tell you what, though. They looked great I. Preseason and in week 1. Maybe there is a divide lol.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I heard that Lynch almost refused to travel to STL because he was so pissed about them trading Harvin. Heard Wilson was really pissed too.

iced

you know i read the story and thought it sounded ridiculous - then i saw the author and wasn't shocked at all

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Florio.... :rolleyes:

And WTH - Not black enough? If they are indeed at each other for that? That's just fucking great because I'm not sure it gets any "stupider". Not sure you can correct that cuz....

View: http://youtu.be/cJe6-afGz0Q

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What the Seahawks need is Navin Johsons mother who said: Navin, I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I wonder if he asked any of the white players if he was not white enough for them?

Philly5

Rookie
Not black enough? The white wife? The way he speaks? Being light skinned?

IMO it has more to do with Wilson getting more credit than he deserves. Lynch not getting paid probably didn't help

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
What the Seahawks need is Navin Johsons mother who said: Navin, I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.
Well played sir.....and GREAT movie.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I wonder if they can nobble the players and seal the rift.

@BigRamFan - Glad you used that word. Let's just make it the ROD word of the week.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
So ESPN's anchor, Kenny Mayne, is legitimizing a Bleacher Report article, and Mike Florio is regurgitating this garbage. Is there anyone in the sports media that can actually report on sports news? It was worth wading through this garbage for @Thordaddy 's The Jerk reference.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
My wish was to beat the shitchickens and continue their drama. Even though the drama is fucking stupid,

Wish granted!