The Baker Mayfield Bandwagon Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I’ve been on this bandwagon for months and it’s starting to fill up. Where does he stack up against the other QBs coming out? I can’t see a scenario where he drops out of round 1 now and he may even go top 15.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I am not a Mayfield fan I believe he is Johnny Manziel 2.0 however I can see why he was so upset

1. He tried to be a good sport and was snubbed pregame when he offered a handshake.

2. This was the score right after Kansas defense took a very cheap very late shot to his head and was not ejected for targeting
Totally understand what you're saying. But if you want to be an NFL QB and the face of a franchise you let your play on the field be the pay back. Then you make a comment in your post game presser about taking the high road being the bigger man blah blah blah. As it is he comes off looking like a horses ass and as you said Johnny Manziel. Not a good look for him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol
i dont think anyone will even remember this next week, much less at draft time.
Johnny Manziel comparisons? Really?
If he's getting high and publicly drunk, then fire away.
That said, I like Rosen more

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
“By the way he's the quarterback for OU.”

“He is ... Is he really?"

"That's what his girlfriend said."

"He's not very fast.”

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Phillip Rivers acts like that.
Not with the crotch grab he doesn't. Honestly I think the situation won't do much unless two guys are the same rating and the other guy gets a nod over Baker because of this. Biggest question seems to be where does he rank on the QB list I've heard everywhere from top 10 to 4th round.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta love these coaches. With Will Grier out, and West Virginia a roll over, Coach is gonna teach Mayfield a lesson by not starting him.
He sits what? A series? That’ll show em....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he's got a chance to start in this league. And I don't see any exceptional risk with him outside of the fact his height is not ideal. Will probably go round 2ish I'd think.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Not with the crotch grab he doesn't. Honestly I think the situation won't do much unless two guys are the same rating and the other guy gets a nod over Baker because of this. Biggest question seems to be where does he rank on the QB list I've heard everywhere from top 10 to 4th round.

I would place him somewhere in the late 2nd round to early 3rd round. Not because he isn’t a first round talent (he clearly has playmaking ability) but mostly because the draft is so deep at QB this season. This might be the deepest ever QB draft class.

Why take a QB early when you have great options like Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, Lamar Jackson, and Josh Allen? Someone is going to fall. There are even guys like Luke Falk, Ryan Finley, Clayton Thorson, Riley Ferguson, Nick Fitzgerald, Jarrett Stidham, Will Grier, JT Barrett, and Quinton Flowers that have less obvious talent but will be valued pickups in the late rounds.

There isn’t enough to separate that top tier much so unless the Browns fall in love, I can’t see him going in the top 10. Especially after the he continues to draw parallels to Manziel.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Biggest question seems to be where does he rank on the QB list I've heard everywhere from top 10 to 4th round.
Yup, combine and private workouts will dictate.
Personally, with the NFL adapting the spread type offense in the game the way they have, I think height (or in his case a lack thereof) is becoming less important than in years past

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd like to see him get in the playoffs....he's exciting...and then...yep....then

Lets see what he throws like at the combine/senior bowl....reminds me of somebody....can't think of who....

Some say he has the arm talent....I haven't seen it...not saying he doesn't...but I haven't seen it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Reminds me more of Johnny Manziel than Russell Wilson.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Exactly... and it's not like Johnny Manziel didn't have some amazing moments in college (although I think without Mike Evans, more than half of his amazing moments become nothing or embarrassingly bad)

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well if the NFL scouts think like you guys do, someone’s getting a steal. He has the x-factor, the ability to create something from nothing - he might not be Russell Wilson but if he ends up even half as good he’ll be a starter somewhere. I think he’ll win the national championship and the heisman and go shooting right up the draft boards.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well if the NFL scouts think like you guys do, someone’s getting a steal. He has the x-factor, the ability to create something from nothing - he might not be Russell Wilson but if he ends up even half as good he’ll be a starter somewhere. I think he’ll win the national championship and the heisman and go shooting right up the draft boards.

I'm not that concerned about his talent. Johnny Fuckballs had talent as well. My concern is character. His transfer issues from Texas Tech concern me. His crotch grab concerns me. His public intoxication concerns me. And I have a feeling that we haven't seen them.

Baker Mayfield will likely be a first round pick, but like Manziel, he will fail.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't dug deep on Baker Mayfield, but I think it's unfair to compare him to Manziel. Manziel wasn't just an arrogant little prick; he was also a lazy player who valued partying over football. From all reports, Mayfield is a dedicated worker. Just from casually watching him, there are a lot of things about his game that stood out to me as major positives. There are a few concerns I have that I need to look into further once I dive into his film.