The 2015 NFL Criminals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...bari-price-pleads-guilty-to-careless-driving/

Vikings corner Jabari Price pleads guilty to careless driving
Posted by Josh Alper on April 10, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptmyntg3odexn2jjyjqwotrmndqzzda4mte3ztfknge4-e1428692053679.jpeg
Getty Images

We had a long run without any NFL players being arrested at the end of last year, but it concluded shortly after the end of the Vikings’ season.

That’s when cornerback Jabari Price was arrested on a suspicion of DWI charge in Minnesota on December 29. Price resolved the case in court this week by pleading guilty to a lesser charge.

Price’s lawyer told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that Price pleaded guilty to careless driving and agreed to 30 days of electronic home monitoring that will allow him to go to work with the Vikings while serving out the sentence. Price has also enrolled in a substance abuse education program and paid a $300 fine to settle the case.

Price, who played mostly on special teams in 14 games as a rookie, will avoid jail as long as he abides by the terms of his plea deal, but could still be disciplined by the league under the personal conduct policy.
Minnesota must be one of those states that's pretty lenient concerning DUI's.
Don't get one in Arizona.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not nearly enough. If you're going to suspend Josh Gordon for a whole season, then Hardy should get just as much, if not longer. He's utter scum. He's the worst type of scum to still be making a living in the NFL. Not even Michael Vick is scummier than Hardy, and I hate Vick.

Because Vick at least realized his mistake. Hardy doesn't think that he did anything wrong and stupidly wants us all to believe that he's innocent just because he told his girlfriend to get lost and not show up at the appeal hearing.

If the woman was happy to take the money and run why can't you be happy?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If the woman was happy to take the money and run why can't you be happy?

Because he basically paid her to shut her mouth and not show up or otherwise he'd kill her, and now he's claiming that because he was found "innocent" of all four DV charges because the victim didn't show and wants his fucking record expunged. Fuck him. He brutally beat his girlfriend along with his administrative assistant, Sammy Curtis, shoved her into a pile of loaded assault rifles, slammed her into a bathtub, dragged her out by her hair, and strangled her. Oh, and not to mention all of the threats he made towards her. And that was just one fucking instance. One. The last one of four.

I'm not happy because a disgusting excuse for a human being is free to do this to some other woman he meets. What's it going to fucking take? For him to actually kill someone? Because he almost did that three fucking times in that one instance.

No, I'm not happy. Because some scumbag is going to get his goddamned record expunged when everyone knows that he did it. It's O.J. motherfucking Simpson all over again.

Memento

Name
Jemma

If Josh Gordon gets suspended an entire year for weed, then surely Greg Hardy should get a full year's suspension for trying to fucking kill his girlfriend. Or has smoking a goddamned plant suddenly become more of a crime than torturing and trying to kill someone who can't fight back against you?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Greg Hardy, you are officially a bigger scumbag than Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson combined.

I can't even post my thoughts.

At no point is he saying he didn't do it!!!

He's just saying the woman he did it to accepted his MASSIVE payoff and that allowed him at avail himself of a legal loophole, thus avoiding jail time.

Now he wants the record expunged as if he were innocent?

He deserves to be the dessert tray at Pelican Bay...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I couldn't disagree with you more, and I foam at the mouth at the mere mention of Roger Goodell's name.

Hardy was NOT suspended, he was PAID, on the Exempt list.

Seriously, I'm done...DONE to the marrow of my bones with wife/GF beaters. And for unrepentant A-holes who refuse to acknowledge that any of what they did is wrong... The LAST thing they deserve is the privilege of making millions playing the most popular game in the country. He can make a living, but nothing says he deserves to be an NFL player.

Memento

Name
Jemma

You know full well that the NFLPA would never agree to that. They defend their players, even pieces of shit like Hardy. No player's union in any sport would ever let a policy like that go into effect because no player would ever trust them again. So what do you do when they won't cooperate? Throw down the ban-hammer. Of course, since Goodell thinks that smoking pot is worse than trying to fucking kill a defenseless human being, I don't exactly like what he did either. I think it should've been at least six games more.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Depends. Rice cooperated and it was shown that it was Goodell that wasn't telling the truth. Not so here. Hardy was shown to have withheld information from the Commissioners office and there are issues regarding dates. Hardy can't have it both ways. He undoubtedly knew he would pursue his legal course of extortion...er...civil settlement. But that cost him TIME and kept him on the EXEMPT list while the legal process was completed. Once his trial was complete, the new rules were in place.

Considering Hardy chose his legal course of action which led him to the Exempt list versus being suspended sooner under the old rules, there is a very good chance he loses. Remember, this is a corporation and as we've seen umpteen times, the rules only need to apply such that it helps the corporation.

Frankly, wouldn't hurt my feelings if Hardy never played again. Ray Rice at least acknowledges how wrong he was and prior to that he was even a sponsor of anti-DV fundraisers. Greg Hardy is a repeat offender who's yet to acknowledge that beating women is wrong.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Fine, lets agree that Goodell should be fired.

That said, Hardy needs to not just have the book thrown at him, but he needs to catch all 16 volumes in the face.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Fine, lets agree that Goodell should be fired.

That said, Hardy needs to not just have the book thrown at him, but he needs to catch all 16 volumes in the face.

I wouldn't have a single problem with that.

…..

Legend
I would rather look at the Hardy case as the Hardy case.

Goodell being wishy washy on disciplinary actions is another subject all together.

Wether or not his punishment is overkill is not for me to decide. The explanation that he was suspended with pay last year while awaiting court proceedings to conclude is good enough for me. In retrospect, I think its a crime that he got paid at all.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I agree the NFL and the NFLPA have work to do. That said, I hope everyone drags ass like they've got cement ass cheeks because I don't want Hardy benefiting from anyone's attempt at the NFL restoring integrity to the disciplinary process.

Hardy deserves a lot of things... Several native tortures come to mind... But the absolute LAST thing he deserves is to be the recipient of any benefit as a result of the NFL's attempt to fix this damned mess.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I couldn't disagree with you more, and I foam at the mouth at the mere mention of Roger Goodell's name.

Hardy was NOT suspended, he was PAID, on the Exempt list.

Seriously, I'm done...DONE to the marrow of my bones with wife/GF beaters. And for unrepentant A-holes who refuse to acknowledge that any of what they did is wrong... The LAST thing they deserve is the privilege of making millions playing the most popular game in the country. He can make a living, but nothing says he deserves to be an NFL player.

It's better he plays in the nfl. He's gonna beat up women no matter what his job is. at least the women can get paid big bucks if he stays in the nfl and keeps paying them off to drop assault charges against him.

Memento

Name
Jemma
It's better he plays in the nfl. He's gonna beat up women no matter what his job is. at least the women can get paid big bucks if he stays in the nfl and keeps paying them off to drop assault charges against him.

Which is disgusting nonetheless. He should be in prison right now.