THE 2014 RFIP DIRECTV CALL HAS BEEN MADE!!!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

OK so this year it was callzzzzzzzz

1st call today on lunch: Spoke with a nice young lady who immediately, upon my request, transferred me to the retention department (or so I thought? More later) where I spoke with "Samantha" who was very pleasant but after looking my account over she could do nothing to discount the Sunday St Max (heretofore know as STM). We agreed to disagree and at calls end she said she could give me $10/month for a "loyalty" discount for 12 months & an additional $5 mo/12 months if I went paperless billing. I said ok. I ask her for a new receiver and 1 new mini because the last 2 of my 5 receivers need upgrading and she quotes me $199 for the DVR receiver and $99 for the mini + $20 each for shipping. I pass on that "deal."

That's $15mo x 12=$180 off SO FAR.

So on the way home about an hour ago I make the second call.

First rep "Edwardo", yep...language barrier...so I right off the get-go tell him to transfer me to retention (where I am going with plan
cool.gif
, he panics and begs me to let him help. Ay, I'm a nice guy, why not let him try?

After 10 minutes of this foolishness he asks me if $329.96 works for me for the STM package? LOL, I honestly started laughing, didn't even answer him but to say "Please Edwardo, just transfer me to retentions.." Which he did.

The lovely and effervescent "Kristy" answers in retentions...JACKPOT!!!!

I calmly told her I wanted to cancel my STM and she asked why? I said too expensive and she said; "why sir, you've been with us since 1996, is that all you need help with? (30 seconds of typing later) "Sir you now have STM for free...does that work for you?"

Need I respond?

"Sir I'm so glad I answered your call today..is there anything else I can help with?"

<I almost feel bad going on>

Let's just say my new HD DVR & mini are in route, free of charge and free shipping!

Total score:

$180 off the very first rep for absolutely nothing
$330 free STM
$298 ($199+$99) for two receivers
$40 ($20x2) for free shipping of receivers
---------------------
$848 <Grand total of savings!!

You will have to excuse me know while I shower...I feel a little dirty...NOT!!!

Kristy asked me if I was CERTAIN that the first time I called that I got transferred to retentions because "as long as you have been with us ANYONE of us would have given you the STM for free.."

Good to know for 2015....and beyond!!

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Shoot, I forgot! The very first rep also gave me 3 months of Showtime for free. Nothing major but free is free!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I do this "social engineering" with DTV every year too, haha. Last year I called and got "Julie" in retentions, who dropped my bill from $229 a month to $80 and threw in the NFL Ticket. Did this on the way to the lake. Saved myself $180 for the year with a 30 min phone call. Boom!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'll have direcTV too man! No price is too high to witness a winning season. ;)

jjab360

Legend
LOL, you're a character for sure, RFIP. Glad to see how low DTV is willing to go next time I make a call.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I got half a year of AOL free back in the day doing this.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Just ask for retentions and if you've been there for a decent amount of time they'll give it away.

I'm on right now, so far, free NFL ST, Free MLB after innings, and bill down from 145 to $79.

Still hemming and hawing to see what else they will offer.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
OK I guess I'm going to have to call

RamzFanz

Damnit
Done.

$84 bill (wife won't go paperless)
Free Geni and 2 wireless
NFL Sunday Ticket
MLB after innings

I get all the Sunday Ticket Max except the Redzone which I don't care.

Thanks for the inspiration RFIP!

Tip, when you call, and the computer asks, just say cancel my service and when it asks if you are moving, say no, straight to retention!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Hey RFID, I got a Kristy too! Not the same chick though, maybe that's a "stage" name. Mine was hard to understand.

You got showtime too :(

RamzFanz

Damnit
TOTAL SAVINGS $1,410 and whatever MLB after innings is worth.

Nice.

I owe someone a training camp beer or six!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
How does everybody get these deals but me?