Thanksgiving GT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

I've long suspected Jerruh has a screw loose but even he must know that with his team at 3-8, it would be foolish to play Romo any longer this season even if the doctors gave him the go-ahead.

jerruh probably still thinks he has a shot at the playoffs

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Man, could be 3 teams from the NFCN in the Playoffs if the Bears can pull this one out. I don't see ATL making it with their schedule down the stretch. They play CAR twice.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Here we go!

Is Aaron Rogers gonna lead a great, long, TD drive or is CHI gonna rain on the Brett Favre parade? FYI: We need CHI to lose.

MountainRam

Rookie
Not only Bears are in playoff contention now. They made Cardinals path for 2nd seed easy. Dang it!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm glad the packers blew it on Favvvvrrreee night.

Baaaaaaahahahahahahahaa

ohiorams

Rookie
We could make up some serious ground with a win against the Bengals.

I think SEA will lose.

PHI lost today

CHI about to lose

ATL plays the Vikings

The list goes on

IDK how we'll win, but if we can we're in the middle of it. We're due for a big game. Keemun should be more comfortable in his second start.

dude...the Rams dont have a QB. the QB on the team doesnt even know his own name right now

ohiorams

Rookie
There are plenty of people on here who would like to talk about how the Rams are finished. Go find one.

its just sports dude. Its nothing personal. The Rams are done. Their job now is to play spoiler if possible. The QBs they have now wouldnt be able to carry Trent Dilfers shoes.
I'm a adult in my 40s. I call things as they are.I'm a sports fan but I dont go rah rah just because I dont want the crowd to get upset.
the other 15 teams arent going on a 3 game losing streak and the trade deadline is over. I have sunday ticket and enjoy football in more ways than one.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
its just sports dude. Its nothing personal. The Rams are done. Their job now is to play spoiler if possible. The QBs they have now wouldnt be able to carry Trent Dilfers shoes.
I'm a adult in my 40s. I call things as they are.I'm a sports fan but I dont go rah rah just because I dont want the crowd to get upset.
the other 15 teams arent going on a 3 game losing streak and the trade deadline is over. I have sunday ticket and enjoy football in more ways than one.

image.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When we're comparing Foles best game vs Newton current games it sure proves my point. If a "folesian" game consisted of 230 yards, no int and 1 Td we'd all be much happier
This coming from one of the biggest Foles supporters around

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
When we're comparing Foles best game vs Newton current games it sure proves my point.
I wasn't aware you had a point. I was just goofing around and showing you that even the not-so-elusive Foles can run one in.
I guess I should have understood that you were more interested in being somber about our QB situation.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn't aware you had a point. I was just goofing around and showing you that even the not-so-elusive Foles can run one in.
I guess I should have understood that you were more interested in being somber about our QB situation.
Sorry bout that. Im just a big fan of what Newton is doing and didnt mean to come across that way.
I like Cam and at the same time dont think our QB are trash. Trying to be positive all around....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sorry bout that. Im just a big fan of what Newton is doing and didnt mean to come across that way.
I like Cam and at the same time dont think our QB are trash. Trying to be positive all around....
I wanna like Newton. I really do. I think he's an amazing talent. But I can't get past how immature he is on the field. He acts like a dick to the opposing teams with his excessive celebrations and mini-taunts. I can't stand that. But that's probably because I knew a guy like that when I played HS ball. He was QB on a cross-town rival team and was a hot-shot whose mouth NEVER quit running. Every one of us in the secondary wanted to dislodge both of his knees every time he took off running because of it. I would be a big fan of his if he simply played like a Champion, but I don't ever see that happening. Maybe - MAYBE - in another 5 years or so he'll mature and act like he's been there before.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wanna like Newton. I really do. I think he's an amazing talent. But I can't get past how immature he is on the field. He acts like a dick to the opposing teams with his excessive celebrations and mini-taunts. I can't stand that. But that's probably because I knew a guy like that when I played HS ball. He was QB on a cross-town rival team and was a hot-shot whose mouth NEVER quit running. Every one of us in the secondary wanted to dislodge both of his knees every time he took off running because of it. I would be a big fan of his if he simply played like a Champion, but I don't ever see that happening. Maybe - MAYBE - in another 5 years or so he'll mature and act like he's been there before.
Cant disagree there. Off the field apparently this cat has totally changed his life since that crazy car accident last year that remarkably he walked away from relatively unscathed. And then yeah, acts like a total idiot after a big play BEGGING to get nailed

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

The crap he pulled in college still taints my view of him. He's a sleaze.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The crap he pulled in college still taints my view of him. He's a sleaze.

He may not be able to throw the pigskin as well as the best...

But let me tell you... he can throw a laptop through a tiny window more than 100 yards when the cops show up. Unbelievable accuracy and power.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-cant-get-enough-of-jim-bob-cooters-offense/

Matt Stafford can’t get enough of Jim Bob Cooter’s offense
Posted by Darin Gantt on November 27, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpweznjqwndhmmwm1ogyzmzi3n2rjmzdkn2yxmduxowfj.jpeg
AP

Matt Stafford did more than throw five touchdown passes Thursday.

He also appeared to be having fun, which was in short supply as the Lions endured a 1-7 start and the firing of offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi (among others).

But now, having won three straight games after yesterday’s demolition of the Eagles, Stafford said the confidence stems from the game plans being installed by new coordinator Jim Bob Cooter.

“It’s just been good,” Stafford said, via Jeff Seidel of the Detroit Free Press. “Jim Bob and I have a good relationship. He’s a smart guy. He communicates well with the guys on our offense. He’s young in his job, but he’s not afraid. He’s aggressive. That’s fun. That rubs off on guys when a guy is aggressive and trusts us to go out and make good decisions.”

Of course, it helps when Stafford is upright and able to see receivers, as improved offensive line play has been a significant element of their recent surge. But Stafford sounded giddy about the aggressive approach Cooter has taken since getting the keys.

Stafford said that Cooter called a play in the second quarter full of slant routes, but changed his mind before it was run.

“He said, ‘Ah, screw that. Let’s be aggressive,’ ” Stafford said. “Then, he gave me four verticals. I was fired up for it. . . .

“I loved it. Jim Bob called a great game, put us in position to win, in a position to make plays.”

It certainly helped that they were playing the Eagles, who have done their part to make plenty of coordinators look good. But the enthusiasm the Lions have shown in the Cooter Era seems real.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eeting-apparently-over-excessive-video-games/

Packers had players-only meeting, apparently over excessive video games
Posted by Mike Florio on November 27, 2015

madden92-e1448631725519.jpg

On a day made famous by John Madden’s Turducken, a Green Bay defeat to cap the game during which Madden’s favorite player was honored may have been fueled in part by an addiction to Madden’s billion-dollar video game franchise.

“They had a little players-only meeting this past couple weeks ago before that Minnesota game,” NBC’s Cris Collinsworth said midway through the third quarter of Green Bay’s 17-13 loss to the Bears on Thanksgiving night. “I don’t think Aaron Rodgers was too happy with the preparation schedule of some of the young players on this team. A few too many video games being played and not enough homework.”

The Madden intervention apparently worked against the Vikings. But with a short week and a quick turnaround and a premium placed on preparation before playing again on Thursday, it could be that the Lure of the PS4 kept the Packers from being as ready to go as they should have been.

They now have a full six days to prepare for their next game, which will be another visit to prime time via a Thursday night trip to Detroit, one of two NFC North rivals who have come to Lambeau Field this month and beaten the home team.

The Packers have every incentive to win this next one. And they have the talent to do it, too. As long as the young players on the team can resist messing with consoles that are being purchased by the truckload on Black Friday.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/25/jameis-winston-tampa-bay-buccaneers-jimbo-fisher-week-12-nfl

Lions 45, Eagles 14. Welcome to superstar status, Ziggy Ansah. The guy who played three years of football before the Lions selected him fifth overall in 2013 is now tied for the NFL lead in sacks with J.J. Watt after a 3.5-sack day puts him at 11.5 on the season. The Eagles struggled in many phases, but were utterly hapless against Ansah. Eagles left tackle Jason Peters going down in the first half played a role, but Ansah was the best player on the field on a day when Calvin Johnson caught eight balls for 93 yards and three touchdowns.

The clinic performed by Ansah on Lane Johnson included everything from bull rushes to inside cuts to speed rushes off the edge. And then there’s this detail from Kyle Meinke’s postgame coverage: At 279 pounds, Ansah has the second-lowest body fat percentage on the team. Too bad the Lions started the season losing seven of eight, because this team could be damn fun to watch down the stretch.

Oh, and Philly? There’s not much to say about the Eagles that hasn’t already been said about the 76ers.

Panthers 33, Cowboys 14. The Cowboys were favored in this game? I get that Carolina doesn’t have the feel of an 11-0 football team, what with Tedd Ginn Jr. as Cam Newton’s No. 1 receiver, but come on. Carolina’s defense is so dominant, the first defensive end off the bench, Kony Ealy, now has a sack in five consecutive games.

Putting Tony Romo and his fragile clavicle in front of that kind of pass rush without the benefit of a dynamic running back was trouble from the start. Then you consider Romo’s lone safety valve, wide receiver Dez Bryant, being nullified by Carolina corner Josh Norman for much of the game, and the season-ending injury suffered by Romo looks like an inevitability in retrospect.

Bears 17, Packers 13. What a way to end a full day of Thanksgiving football. After a couple of snoozers, the night game comes down to the wire, with the Packers down by four and driving with less than two minutes left.

Fourth down, empty set, Aaron Rodgers scrambles left and whips a wet football to a well-covered Randall Cobb. The ball comes as Bears rookie defensive tackle Eddie Goldman is bearing down on Rodgers, and Cobb is jockeying for position in the end zone with rookie corner Bryce Callahan in his hip pocket. The ball came too hard, and Cobb was under too much duress. Turnover on downs. The Bears win in Lambeau on Brett Favre night.

Here’s what gives me hope if I’m a Bears fan, whether or not they pull off a playoff appearance: In Jay Cutler’s first win at Lambeau, it was the youngest defensive players who shined brightest. Goldman and Callahan continued to contribute big, in addition to young defensive backs Adrian Amos and Kyle Fuller. Aaron Rodgers completed just 22 of 43 passes, and struggled to move the ball within the design of the offense late in the game, instead relying on his scrambling ability until the very end, when Chicago’s suddenly stout secondary blanketed his options one last time.

At 5-6, Chicago has now won three of its past four games and will face a team with a winning record just once in its remaining five games (Dec. 20 at Minnesota).