TGZ's Training Camp Report 7/29

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
First time I've gone in a couple years. Won't be as official as some others but just what I saw....

Brian Quick and Kenny Britt look the part. Both had strong days with the 1's and Sam is looking Quicks way.

Sam looks to be moving well. Knee seems to be fine.

The downside to Quick and Britt's day is that they only look good by beating a DB....and it felt like every time, the DB getting beat was Brandon McGee. Definitely was not a practice to remember for him.

Hekker really booms his punts. Just the sound the ball makes coming off his foot was turning heads. He's ready to go.

Cory Harkey had a couple of nice catches. Think he'll be in the FB role a lot this year.

Saffold at LT today, Robinson at LG, and Barrett Jones at C.

I didn't get to see much of the DBs or LBs today but Joyner did pick off Gilbert once today. Wasn't overly impressed with either backup QB.

Biggest takeaway for me was the two big WRs Britt and Quick. Britt is right there after Quick makes a play to tap him on the shoulder. That duo could really be something for us.

Side Note: the heckler who always yells get low was behind me. Boy is he annoying.

Looked to be a really good turnout, especially for a Tuesday afternoon. Had fun, can't wait to go back!

FRO

Legend
Good report. Seems like Britt has been great for Quick. Quick hasn't had a guy with a similar game around him. Now he gets to emulate a vet and see how it's done.

Corey Harkey is so underrated.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks @TGZ

Were you able to check out Barrett's play?

I was screened a little but from what I saw, he didn't look out of place to me. He looks like he is on much better shape.

I'll be curious to see what @CoachO thought of him.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Brian Quick and Kenny Britt look the part. Both had strong days with the 1's and Sam is looking Quicks way.

Biggest takeaway for me was the two big WRs Britt and Quick. Britt is right there after Quick makes a play to tap him on the shoulder. That duo could really be something for us.

I'd almost want to call them "The Twin Towers" but that could be a bad omen. . . .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The downside to Quick and Britt's day is that they only look good by beating a DB....and it felt like every time, the DB getting beat was Brandon McGee. Definitely was not a practice to remember for him.
Iron sharpens Iron...he'll be better for it here, or another squad.....

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd almost want to call them "The Twin Towers" but that could be a bad omen. . . .

It was definitely a bad omen today for McGee.

I don't think it's crazy to expect both Joyner and Gaines pass him up in the next couple of weeks.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
It was definitely a bad omen today for McGee.

I don't think it's crazy to expect both Joyner and Gaines pass him up in the next couple of weeks.
I would love to here Gaines stepping in there....gaining reps in case someone goes down is very important..

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Sorry about the " Get low" I'll come up with something new next time.:cool:
Nice report. Hope you had a great time.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Good report. Seems like Britt has been great for Quick. Quick hasn't had a guy with a similar game around him. Now he gets to emulate a vet and see how it's done.

Corey Harkey is so underrated.
Harkey was a heck of a get for an undrafted free agent.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nice job.
I keep hearing good things about Harkey. Someone else reported that he laid the wood on ray ray.

cracengl

Rookie
The "get low and stick 'em" guy sounds like he could be the next YouTube sensation...he should branch out and just yell that in more random settings.