Tavon Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Every time he was involved in a play.

No sound again, so apologies for that, and a lot of kick returns that probably aren't needed, but no fair catches so that's a bonus.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm deleting after a certain number of views, they are just for us on here, so please don't share elsewhere.

jjab360

Legend
Just watched every snap. Was clearly playing slow and overthinking early in the year, but as he got more comfortable and just let the game come to him later on, he was practically unstoppable. The playcalling got a lot better as well when Schotty stopped trying to force him into the Amendola role, and the blocking on the return team got better as well.

If he keeps playing like he did late in the season, he'll be considered one of the best and most exciting players in the league in the near future.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just watched every snap. Was clearly playing slow and overthinking early in the year, but as he got more comfortable and just let the game come to him later on, he was practically unstoppable. The playcalling got a lot better as well when Schotty stopped trying to force him into the Amendola role, and the blocking on the return team got better as well.

If he keeps playing like he did late in the season, he'll be considered one of the best and most exciting players in the league in the near future.

^ this.

moonshyne

UDFA
Every time he was involved in a play.

No sound again, so apologies for that, and a lot of kick returns that probably aren't needed, but no fair catches so that's a bonus.

A few observations:

Wow, those 1st 4 games were brutal. Definitely looked like a rookie trying too hard. But still showed flashes.
Tavon can't complain about Sam not trying to get him the ball.
However, Schotty's play designs for TA were questionable early in the year.
I predict at least 4 games this coming season for TA that resemble last year's Colts game.
Thank you for the videos OP. I watched every second of all of them. Awesome work.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Tavon played like a rookie early on, but his team certainly didn't help. We were bad in the first 4 games. Our kick return team is just awful. I don't think they sprang a single block for him.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Tavon played like a rookie early on, but his team certainly didn't help. We were bad in the first 4 games. Our kick return team is just awful. I don't think they sprang a single block for him.
Sure they did... they just did so by clipping and holding. :p

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Thanks for the vids Rams & Gators (what, you like the Florida team too, or that crazy show on tv, or are your shoes are fly?)

1) Tavon didn't seem that fast
2) Defense seemed like it was on the field all day a couple games, esp in SF
3) Our offense looks anemic, I mean, some of those plays weren't going anywhere no matter when he got the ball. Hope Schotty improves.
4) Kellen Clemens deserved what Bernie was saying. Sometimes the truth hurts.
5) These vids bring me down a few levels.....seriously...esp regarding Tavon

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Thanks for the vids Rams & Gators (what, you like the Florida team too, or that crazy show on tv, or are your shoes are fly?)

3) Our offense looks anemic, I mean, some of those plays weren't going anywhere no matter when he got the ball. Hope Schotty improves.

1) Tavon is not slow.
2) The defense was on the field a lot in the beginning, but how would you know? This was strictly offensive plays.
3) Our offense was trying to do something it wasn't designed to do in the first part of the year, did you watch the vids though?
4) Clemens was actually a decent fill in, but he's a back up for a reason. Can't expect him to look like Bradford.
5) I get more excited when I watch them. Tavon looks sick out coming out of the back field and on punt returns. He will be feared this year and for good reason.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
1) Tavon is not slow.
2) The defense was on the field a lot in the beginning, but how would you know? This was strictly offensive plays.
3) Our offense was trying to do something it wasn't designed to do in the first part of the year, did you watch the vids though?
4) Clemens was actually a decent fill in, but he's a back up for a reason. Can't expect him to look like Bradford.
5) I get more excited when I watch them. Tavon looks sick out coming out of the back field and on punt returns. He will be feared this year and for good reason.

1) Tavon did seem slow, he was caught in various clips by linemen & linebackers & safeties..How else do you explain his inability to get seperation?

2) In one clip vs SF, it was 23-6 and all I saw was Tavon returning kicks, perhaps he didn't play that much this game. I remember our offense in the season having a lot of 3 & outs too...

3) Wasn't designed to do, or couldn't execute? Big difference. I'm sure Cook, Givens, Tavon & Bradford would tell you they feel comfortable throwing 55%-60% of the time. I did watch the vids, every second of them, and couldn't believe how inept the offense looked when he was targeted. In fact, he appears to be a better prospect as a returner than a receiver.

4) Tell any NFL player that and they'll laugh. Back ups believe they can still play, and after 3 weeks should be able to execute basic plays. Clemens was terrible. He didn't need to look like Bradford, how about he resemble a pro.

5) The last thing we need is Tavon getting carries from the backfield. We have a change of pace back, I hope Schotty is smart enough to use him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1) Tavon did seem slow, he was caught in various clips by linemen & linebackers & safeties..How else do you explain his inability to get seperation?

what.gif

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

1) Rewatch the Indy game.
3) Schotty seemed to figure stuff out
4) Clemens just doesn't have the arm strength
5) I couldn't be more the opposite

ramaslama

The first half of Tavons season and second half were different like night and day. He will come out balling this year from the start.;):D:sneaky:(y)

jjab360

Legend
1) Rewatch the Indy game.
3) Schotty seemed to figure stuff out
4) Clemens just doesn't have the arm strength
5) I couldn't be more the opposite
Pretty much what I was gonna say.

Tavon had a rough start, but when the game slowed down for him it was like magic both as a returner, a receiver, and plays out of the backfield. These vids are nothing to get pessimistic about, we haven't had a player that can make the type of plays that Tavon makes maybe ever before. Including the GSOT players.