Tavon Austin wants to wear #12 for rest of the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I
The NFL does allow special patches on the jerseys and stickers on the helmets... I doubt they'll do the right thing and allow Austin to wear Steddy B's #12, but hopefully we'll see some form of support like a patch or sticker soon.

The Dome and the Home Fans can certainly do whatever they want to show major support for him. I hope to see that at our next home game.

Get Well Soon #12
I fully expect this^

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry (seriously) for using a bad word, was it just a case of bypassing the swear filter or are we not allowed to swear at all anymore?
No. Swearing is still allowed. We only ask that members use it sparingly and don't try to bypass the filters some have selected by typing misspelled curse words or those with ! in the place of i - things like that. There are times when words like fuck are simply appropriate if you ask me. Several times in one post? Probably not.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What exactly is the rule that prevents this? Are players not allowed to change numbers during the season?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What exactly is the rule that prevents this? Are players not allowed to change numbers during the season?
Imagine the chaos if it's allowed. Every player could change his number in the middle of a season based on whatever inspires them in the moment. If they allow it based on individual stories, then who's the arbiter of what justifies a number change, and what's the criteria?

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Imagine the chaos if it's allowed. Every player could change his number in the middle of a season based on whatever inspires them in the moment. If they allow it based on individual stories, then who's the arbiter of what justifies a number change, and what's the criteria?

There would have to be a rather thick section in the rule book to cover all the scenarios.

fellow team mate surviving multiple gunshot wounds
3 or more: allowed
Less than 3: fine.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're stealing my thunder a bit here friend. I've seen multiple articles saying he "Cant wear #12 to Honor Bailey" which is IMO is trashy journalsim. I havent seen the exact rule. I know Chad Johnson got in alls kinds of trouble becasue he wanted his name to be listed as Ocho Cinco
If the rule states no number changes, then that's the rule.
There's been plenty of tragedy over the years (Sean Taylor, Steve McNair) and I dont recall anyone wearing their number. Maybe its the same thing

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
I'm guessing it was a no.....?
Here he is throwing up a "12" with his hands.
image.jpeg