Tavon Austin wants to wear #12 for rest of the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If TA comes out in #12 against the NFL's wishes and gets fined, we should Kickstarter whatever $$ they demand. Great idea Tavon. Simply great.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Givens switched from 13 to 19 in honor of his friend, why can't Tavon??

No one had 19 at the time so switching numbers was fine, will they let Tavon wear #12 even though Stedman already has that number?

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Goodell should just give the thumbs up and approve. Otherwise, I do see Tavon sporting a #12 on Sunday regardless, even if it just gets that one game. Teammates would likely contribute to cover the imposed fine.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Wow the stress he feels is noticeable in his voice and breathing. I feel for TA right now he is seriously upside down about this and I know how it feels to be in that spot. I didn't have to answer stupid questions from reporters though.........he came through this interview aces IMO.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow the stress he feels is noticeable in his voice and breathing. I feel for TA right now he is seriously upside down about this and I know how it feels to be in that spot. I didn't have to answer stupid questions from reporters though.........he came through this interview aces IMO.
Yeah man.. looks like it's killing him inside. Especially since he can't talk to him or be there with him. It's gotta be tough..

When it comes to the game this Sunday, I hope Tavon has himself a day and the Rams play a great game and they can give Stedman the game ball or something. That would be cool.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I couldn't even finish the rest of the press conference. That was so heartbreaking to watch. Fuck those reporters. Stuff like this should be confidential.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the whole team should wear the number 12 ...at least before the the game as they come out and stuff

Regardless of sted's issues before this insane incident it's time to strap up and beat the bengals and bring this one home for SB

FRO

Legend
Because it would set a false precedent of a league that does the right thing.
They really need to rethink this stuff in the offseason. That and penalties of celebrations and stupid stuff like that. The officials are throwing enough flags already. Lighten up and make the game fun again.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
The NCAA may be full of dodo birds, but at least they would allow this without any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The NFL does allow special patches on the jerseys and stickers on the helmets... I doubt they'll do the right thing and allow Austin to wear Steddy B's #12, but hopefully we'll see some form of support like a patch or sticker soon.

The Dome and the Home Fans can certainly do whatever they want to show major support for him. I hope to see that at our next home game.

Get Well Soon #12

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
The NCAA may be full of dodo birds, but at least they would allow this without any problem.

Sorry (seriously) for using a bad word, was it just a case of bypassing the swear filter or are we not allowed to swear at all anymore?

fearsomefour

Legend
Im sure its just about marketing deals and selling merchandise, images and jerseys.
I think there is no way the league allows this. The marketing things is one reason but there are others.