Tavon Austin may play!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Tavon and Bailey up and runnin? WHOO!!! I know it's not official, but I'm loving it. Hill and Bailey have some comrodery.

jjab360

Legend
Knee bruise? MCL tear? I heard contradicting reports during the game as well, what a strange situation..

Either way, if Tavon is actually going to play or not, it's a good idea to let the Cowboys think he might to give them something else they have to gameplan for.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Rams tweeted it. Just a knee bruise. Harkey too.
Harkey came back in the next series after that cheapshot from Doucheon. Tough dude, I thought his knee got blown out.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Tavon and Bailey up and runnin? WHOO!!! I know it's not official, but I'm loving it. Hill and Bailey have some comrodery.
With this we could de-Rail Dallas's Train!....'Po Jerry'
derailed_train.jpg

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Knee bruise? MCL tear? I heard contradicting reports during the game as well, what a strange situation..

Either way, if Tavon is actually going to play or not, it's a good idea to let the Cowboys think he might to give them something else they have to gameplan for.

I don't think anyone said MCL tear. They thought it might be bruised.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

They said sprain not tear, which means you need to know the degree of the sprain. Minor sprains are fine within a day or two.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They said sprain not tear, which means you need to know the degree of the sprain. Minor sprains are fine within a day or two.
True. A grade 2 sprain is delving into partial tear territory.

RFIP

With the bye after this week and Baikey back I say it's HIGHLY unlikely Tavon plays vs Dallas.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
True. A grade 2 sprain is delving into partial tear territory.
I always thought a sprain was still a slight tear. That is why there is generally bruising,which is caused by bleeding.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I always thought a sprain was still a slight tear. That is why there is generally bruising,which is caused by bleeding.
Could be. All I know about are grade 2 sprains, personally. Doctor told me I had one and said it was a partial tear.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
nah its like over stretching a rubber band. can weaken it a bit and still really fuckin hurts I can tell you

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Partial tear is not a medical term. Find another Doctor.
I didn't say it was a medical term. It was a diagnosis.
http://www.rushortho.com/answer_md.cfm?quid=59

Treatment Options:

In most cases, a torn MCL will not require surgery. MCL injuries are graded 1, 2 and 3.

Grade 1 tears are considered mild sprains. Treatment consists of icing, physical therapy and anti-inflammatory medications. Most patients can get back to pre-injury level of activity without difficulty.

Grade 2 tears are moderate to partial tears of the MCL. A brace is usually recommended to provide stability to the knee. You may or may not require crutches. The remainder of treatment is the same as a Grade 1 injury. Recovery may take four to six weeks.

Grade 3 tears are considered complete tears of the MCL. A consultation with an orthopaedic physician is usually recommended. If the injury is isolated to an MCL tear, patients may need to use crutches for a week or two. A brace would be used to provide stability to the knee during the healing process. The remainder of the treatment plan would be the same as Grade 1 or 2. Generally speaking, the recovery time may take two to four months of treatment.