Tavon Austin bringing us down @ p cooper

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is absolutely no reason to bring the ball out of the endzone ever . Nothing good can happen

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Cooper won't be around after Thomas returns from his suspension. Tavon is on the outside looking in from an offensive perspective if Watkins, Woods and Kupp keep playing like they are.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
If Tavon is going to fck up on special teams, then he really has no use to us. He's not being integrated into this offense, and I just don't see it happening. He's not a very smart football player. I say cut him in the offseason and use the saved cap space on retaining Watkins, who actually knows how to play.

Tavon ... another offensive athlete drafted by Fisher who couldn't be coached up into a solid all around football player.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
If Tavon is going to fck up on special teams, then he really has no use to us. He's not being integrated into this offense, and I just don't see it happening. He's not a very smart football player. I say cut him in the offseason and use the saved cap space on retaining Watkins, who actually knows how to play.

Tavon ... another offensive athlete drafted by Fisher who couldn't be coached up into a solid all around football player.
Negative! He will be perfect to use as trade bait to move up in the draft next year. Not a bad chip to have to give away.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I hope you guys realize he was big part of keeping the defense to focus on him AND Todd Gurley. He would've had a score tonight if not for a bullshit dirty horse collar tackle.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Negative! He will be perfect to use as trade bait to move up in the draft next year. Not a bad chip to have to give away.

Well, either way, he's gone. But I just don't know how much he'll fetch in trade if he keeps playing like he is now. I know he was behind the curve in the offense due to the time missed, but things like ... you know ... catching punts ... he should have that down cold. And yet he doesn't.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I hope you guys realize he was big part of keeping the defense to focus on him AND Todd Gurley. He would've had a score tonight if not for a bullcrap dirty horse collar tackle.

I just don't want him returning kicks. Keep him in the backfield or let him run some routes.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Well, either way, he's gone. But I just don't know how much he'll fetch in trade if he keeps playing like he is now. I know he was behind the curve in the offense due to the time missed, but things like ... you know ... catching punts ... he should have that down cold. And yet he doesn't.
He'll fetch something. Even if it's swapping positions to grab a system guy that will work in Wades or Mcvays system. Hell maybe get a late second plus a 6th for him ? Idk but at least it gives Snead ammo.

WvuIN02

Starter
Some of the people in this fanbase, jesus christ.

Cant even enjoy a win vs a rival without tearing someone down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm mad at Tavon, but he is being integrated into the offense. He's being used very effectively as a decoy. That's valuable. But he can't keep fucking up these punt returns.

As for Pharoh, I don't see him being cut. I think the Rams really like him. He's been getting on the field. He just can't fumble the ball like that. We can't make mistakes like that against better teams.

…..

Legend
Did you guys see Tavon's smile when they took away his TD? It was really a genuine smile, he was truly having fun.

He was smiling because even though he missed his stat line, the team still got a TD with Watkins on the drive.

Lay off him for a bit. He's part of the team and he's a great team mate.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm mad at Tavon, but he is being integrated into the offense. He's being used very effectively as a decoy. That's valuable. But he can't keep freaking up these punt returns.

As for Pharoh, I don't see him being cut. I think the Rams really like him. He's been getting on the field. He just can't fumble the ball like that. We can't make mistakes like that against better teams.

I see what you are saying, but at his salary I would like to see him be more than a decoy ... and ffs, to not muff punt returns!

WvuIN02

Starter
As someone said, Austin really doesnt need a ton of touches to be good in this offense and McVay is figuring out more and more to use him every week. Just the threat of him changes how they play defense. That huge run Gurley ripped off on the left side the D hesitated on the jet sweep and thats all it took. On the play he got the ball near the end zone, the DE hesitated for a split second and Austin was already past him.

You can run playaction off of it (they got a huge play week 1 to Cooper Kupp on the jet sweep where he was wide open) and do all kinds of things. Just for christs sake, enjoy the fact that this team is leading the NFL in offense 3 weeks in and we were DEAD LAST in 2016. How long has it felt to have this kind of hope?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see what you are saying, but at his salary I would like to see him be more than a decoy ... and ffs, to not muff punt returns!

I agree. But I'm not paying him. I just want to win.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The fly sweep action is big for getting Gurley loose

I hate the fumbled punts

Not ready to cut him

Leave him be til tomorrow

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I agree. But I'm not paying him. I just want to win.

The amount out of Stan's pocket doesn't concern me ... the amount of cap space taken does. After what we saw tonight, I'm thinking we're definitely going to want to keep Watkins around next year, and that cap space would be very useful.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I hope you guys realize he was big part of keeping the defense to focus on him AND Todd Gurley. He would've had a score tonight if not for a bullcrap dirty horse collar tackle.

I'll give Austin the benefit of the doubt, hopefully he'll have a big game coming his way once teams start gameplanning towards Watkins and Gurley