Tale of two halves.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Not sure why but we always start really slow on defense. Their coverage, tackling, pass rush.. it all is slow and almost lazy it seems like. We seem to come alive about half way in the second quarter and then really get after it in the second half.

Our offense has stayed almost even keel through all of our games. So far for the season our offense has scored 155 points in the first half and 147 in the second half. With a few exceptions that scoring has been fairly spread out through all 4 quarters. Add in a Gurley touchdown that he didn't take and it's dead even by 1 point.

Defense with quite the difference. In the first half, the defense is giving up 118 points this season where in the second half it's giving up 85. Yeah the Saints first half explosion skews that a bit but I think the eye test shows us all that it's been two different defenses between halves. I appreciate the adjustments the coaches are making but they have to do something to limit their exposure the first two quarters.

Fourth quarter, we are giving up only 33 points. And 20 of those come from Saints and the Broncos late surge during garbage time really.

Every game I'm saying "just got to ride the storm until half time". Getting some players back and pass rush outside of Donald will help a ton. We need consistent pass rush and not just waiting until the opposing line gets tired after blocking Donald for three quarters.