Subway Pastrami

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Damn, that's got to be a hot/spicy combo.

I am addicted to Sriracha! My favorite is Sky Valley from Costco. It's hot, but not flaming... You can load it on thick!

91dhkuT5qoL._SY679_.jpg

That wouldn't be hot enough then. I prefer really really hot.

Later today I'm gonna be cooking some fajitas. I love Mexican food. I picked up 12 fresh habinero peppers and 12 fresh jalapeños yesterday.... between my margaritas and food later, they will all be gone. I rim my Margarita glass with ground cayenne pepper instead of salt... one habinero and one jalapeño minced in each drink.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I usually have a Meatball Marinara. I also like the Big Steak and the BLT sandwiches.

The secret with Subway is to have them add a little red wine vinegar. It gives the sandwiches tang.

Jimmy John's got me hooked on red wine vinegar.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That wouldn't be hot enough then. I prefer really really hot.

Later today I'm gonna be cooking some fajitas. I love Mexican food. I picked up 12 fresh habinero peppers and 12 fresh jalapeños yesterday.... between my margaritas and food later, they will all be gone. I rim my Margarita glass with ground cayenne pepper instead of salt... one habinero and one jalapeño minced in each drink.

Holy geez! You've got a cast iron stomach!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tuna sub on parmesan-oregano with pepperoni and banana peppers + oil/vinegar, salt/pepper.

NOT toasted.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Haven't eaten Subway in a minute. My go to is the Italian, lettuce, olives, tomatos, spinach and cucumbers on the seedy 9 grain bread.

I'll pretty much switch up the meat and get the same shit on it, last time we grabbed some breakfest there while out and the lady looked at me like i was a idiot when i asked for all that shit on my steak and egg sandwich.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Pastrami's not a vegetable? Bummer. You can have bacon though - right?

Nope. The way I was raised b/c of our beliefs. Can't eat anything that was once living.

But I'm not damn hippie vegan, either. Those guys suck the joy out of eating what I can.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nope. The way I was raised b/c of our beliefs. Can't eat anything that was once living.

But I'm not damn hippie vegan, either. Those guys suck the joy out of eating what I can.
Did you see the report where plants can tell when they are being harvested and don't like it? They apparently feel pain too. Must really suck being passed from stomach to stomach while making my tender juicy steaks. :D

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Did you see the report where plants can tell when they are being harvested and don't like it? They apparently feel pain too. Must really suck being passed from stomach to stomach while making my tender juicy steaks. :D

Fuck plants. I love making them squirm.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Really?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I didn't see the report itself but my wife was reading parts of it to me just the other day. So yes there was really a report. I don't know much else about how they got their findings though. But good enough to wield over the vegetarians out there don't you think? :D

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't see the report itself but my wife was reading parts of it to me just the other day. So yes there was really a report. I don't know much else about how they got their findings though. But good enough to wield over the vegetarians out there don't you think? :D

Strange considering that plants don't have brains or a nervous system. Many things have a response to stimuli. If Gypsy moths defoliate a tree one season and it survives the following season the tree will have more tanic acid in its leaves causing the Gypsy moths to leave it alone. I don't think that is a conscious response from the tree. It is just a biological trigger. Violets will tilt their flowers toward the ground at the sound of ants walking (or vibration) to be pollinated. I don't think it is because they are great friends with ants and want to say hello.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Strange considering that plants don't have brains or a nervous system. Many things have a response to stimuli. If Gypsy moths defoliate a tree one season and it survives the following season the tree will have more tanic acid in its leaves causing the Gypsy moths to leave it alone. I don't think that is a conscious response from the tree. It is just a biological trigger. Violets will tilt their flowers toward the ground at the sound of ants walking (or vibration) to be pollinated. I don't think it is because they are great friends with ants and want to say hello.
Yeah - I get yuh. I was a horticulture major. I'm not saying the report has any merit. The timing just seemed to work so that I could hold it over Angry's head. Of course he had the right response so....

Anyway, I think botanists like to try to find ways to make their subject more human. I'm sure it is just them extrapolating another defense mechanism found in plants. There are all kinds of plant reactions - sensitive plants, fly traps, etc... So I'm sure this is just something akin to that.