Strauss: Bradford's injury is a turning point for franchise

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRamsFan93

Sam Bradford is the future. Believe.
To be fair, I was more hopeful about Sam than a true believer. Success is delivered, not anticipated. Or in Missouri parlance "show me".

Now there is little hope, so no belief.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That was a lot of hostility for such an optimistic post. (y)

Well, to be clear, I really was just a bit frustrated. Not a LOT frustrated, just a bit.

I mean, Bradford went down. That's not cause for anyone to lose their intellect or reasoning abilities and to be able to look at it after taking a moment or several after acclimating to the shock.

It's just that piece was written from the ledge. When fans do that, fine. Okay... But, when paid sports reporters do that (and get such pieces past their editors, let's not forget that little bit), then I have to protest. It's not journalism at that point. It's whining. The people who subscribe to the PD don't pay for that. 50 guys here could have written a better piece than that ON THE DAY HE WENT DOWN.

The point isn't that I'm optimistic, it's that my optimism is based in reality. Sure, I'm projecting. Of course, the season could go all wrong. Who knows? But just because Bradford went down, it's irresponsible to start printing Chicken Little pieces about THIS Rams team when if there is ANY team in the NFL capable of going over .500 with a backup QB, it's this Rams team...even in the NFC West.

Does that obviate the near certainty that the Rams will take a QB in the 1st round of the 2015 NFL Draft and/or get a QB in Free Agency? Nope. Not at all. Wouldn't be surprised if they did both, actually, even if Hill leads us to 10 wins.

I just think it's possible to talk about the Rams future, even if you're really down on the Ram's prospects for this year, without doing it from the edge of the Roof of a tall building.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
@Mackeyser

In the spirit of your avatar, "A Toast! To loooong friendship!"

n5licEg.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
HAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahaha

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Wish I could give a super like to that post Mac

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, to be clear, I really was just a bit frustrated. Not a LOT frustrated, just a bit.

I mean, Bradford went down. That's not cause for anyone to lose their intellect or reasoning abilities and to be able to look at it after taking a moment or several after acclimating to the shock.

It's just that piece was written from the ledge. When fans do that, fine. Okay... But, when paid sports reporters do that (and get such pieces past their editors, let's not forget that little bit), then I have to protest. It's not journalism at that point. It's whining. The people who subscribe to the PD don't pay for that. 50 guys here could have written a better piece than that ON THE DAY HE WENT DOWN.

The point isn't that I'm optimistic, it's that my optimism is based in reality. Sure, I'm projecting. Of course, the season could go all wrong. Who knows? But just because Bradford went down, it's irresponsible to start printing Chicken Little pieces about THIS Rams team when if there is ANY team in the NFL capable of going over .500 with a backup QB, it's this Rams team...even in the NFC West.

Does that obviate the near certainty that the Rams will take a QB in the 1st round of the 2015 NFL Draft and/or get a QB in Free Agency? Nope. Not at all. Wouldn't be surprised if they did both, actually, even if Hill leads us to 10 wins.

I just think it's possible to talk about the Rams future, even if you're really down on the Ram's prospects for this year, without doing it from the edge of the Roof of a tall building.

Everyone seems to have glossed over this line in the article.

Those who rate player value for handicapping purposes projected Bradford’s worth at about one point per game above replacement.

Which kinda supports what I said about there not really being a drop off with Hill. I don't know why so many fans don't see that and aren't still looking forward to a good season. Oh well........