Steven Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. His career as a starter to date has him at 38-98 (39% winning percentage). Left the Rams (presumably) to be the bell cow on a winning team that had been in the playoffs 4 out of the past 5 years, and now they're 2-8.

If he was on a team that was constantly winning, he'd probably be first ballot HOF. Now you have to wonder if he'll even be recognized when it's time to consider the class of inductees.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I doubt it. He will be an afterthought. Maybe several years past his due time, but he may be 50

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah it's tough. I feel bad for him. The falcons are tied for 2nd worst team in football right now I believe... and he's looking over in STL seeing them have more success. That's gotta sting a little too I'm sure.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I was a huge fan when he was a Ram and recognize him as an all time great. But when he put on a different uni I instantly became unconcerned with how he performed, except against us of course. He made a choice to leave the team to be "the guy". That's on him, IMO.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah when I saw that final score and realized Atlanta has now lost to Tampa I had to feel sorry for the guy. Atlanta has officially hit rock bottom.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was a huge fan when he was a Ram and recognize him as an all time great. But when he put on a different uni I instantly became unconcerned with how he performed, except against us of course. He made a choice to leave the team to be "the guy". That's on him, IMO.
That's kinda where I am too. I recognize him for the warrior he was for us while on some pretty bad teams.
But now? I don't care what happens to the rest of his career. Didn't want to be a part of the solution, so he left for another problem.

Karma's a bitch.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't care what happens to the rest of his career. Didn't want to be a part of the solution, so he left for another problem.

Karma's a bitch.

Lol. I posted similar thoughts "elsewhere" and am considered "a hater"

I give the guy tons of credit for what he endured. He averaged 280+ carrries per season since becoming a starter. A workhorse for sure

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't know that he was excited about leaving. It seems he was gently shown the door when they let him out of his contract.

I was never a big fan though and didn't care one way or the other. We all knew the Rams had to move on sooner or later.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, for whatever reason, I was never a big SJ fan. I appreciate what he gave for the team, but I just never cared whether he stayed or went. It might have something to do with the way he acted pissy with Marshall in his first year.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yeah, for whatever reason, I was never a big SJ fan. I appreciate what he gave for the team, but I just never cared whether he stayed or went. It might have something to do with the way he acted pissy with Marshall in his first year.

Yeah, that first impression is hard to get past even though SJ seemed to mature and mellow over time. MF was a genuine superstar and great guy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I watched SJ in college too so I was jacked - pun intended - to see the Rams draft him. I am still a fan no matter what uni he puts on. I couldn't give two shits about the Falcons but really wanted SJ to have some success after (sorry to say) what this franchise put him through. I thought it was a bad decision on his part to leave. I really thought ATL was on the verge of implosion as it was. I also, however, think we made the right decision in finding a graceful way for him to exit. I will say though that if we had started the season with SJ in the backfield, I think our record is vastly improved and we are still seeing Stacy emerge. I know everyone thinks Sam had to be THE guy in order to progress but I really think SJ's trend near the end was as a leader AND someone looking for others to step up. SJ was a warrior for this team through some very bleak times. He has earned my undying and unwavering respect.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Yeah it's tough. I feel bad for him. The falcons are tied for 2nd worst team in football right now I believe... and he's looking over in STL seeing them have more success. That's gotta sting a little too I'm sure.
Well we have a whopping two more wins than Atl so it probably doesn't sting too bad.
We were ready to move on and he clearly wasn't part of our plans going forward.
Ill be forever grateful for the years he gave us, but he's not a Ram anymore so that's on him.
The future here does seem brighter than his prospects there

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not sure what you want a RB selected in the first round to do. WANT to sit on the pine? Yeah SJ was immature at 21 years old but he was chomping at the bit and it was quite obvious Marshall was on the downhill slope.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Not sure what you want a RB selected in the first round to do. WANT to sit on the pine? Yeah SJ was immature at 21 years old but he was chomping at the bit and it was quite obvious Marshall was on the downhill slope.

He just seemed a little disrespectful and ignorant of the value of playing with MF. He grew on me as a person, just not so much as a player.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
That's kinda where I am too. I recognize him for the warrior he was for us while on some pretty bad teams.
But now? I don't care what happens to the rest of his career. Didn't want to be a part of the solution, so he left for another problem.

Karma's a bitch.

You're welcome to have your opinion, but I don't understand why so many Ram fans don't care how SJ does after he's given so much to this team over 9 years. This is a guy who played the last half of a season with a herniated disc in his back for a team that won 1 game. The guy who never complained about the losing. Always bought into the new regimes, had the respect of coaches, teammates, and players league wide. And I don't agree with you statement: he "didn't want to be part of the solution, so he left." Really? In 2008 he was frustrated with the Rams because he had clearly emerged as a top back in the league in 2006 & 2007 and they were still paying him shit money in the final year of his rookie contract. He wanted to commit to the Rams, but he needed a commitment from them. They had just endured a 3-13 season, Isaac had left, coaching staff was on the hot seat. He could have walked after 2008 and gone to a "better" team, but he wanted to see thing through with the Rams, help them reach the glory days again. That's all SJ ever wanted: to be a lifetime Ram and get them to the playoffs again and hoist a Lombardi Trophy once again in STL. He was the consummate pro with one of the greatest work ethics I've ever seen. To say he didn't want to be part of the solution is completely short sited. All SJ ever wanted to be was part of the solution. He wanted to return in 2013, but he also believed he could still be a bell cow in this league. The Rams wanted to get younger and couldn't find the amount of touches SJ wanted or the salary he believed he deserved. Unlike some I will always root for SJ, Ram or not because he has simply earned my respect, love, and trust for everything he did for the St. Louis Rams, it's fans, and the city of St. Louis over 9 years.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You're welcome to have your opinion, but I don't understand why so many Ram fans don't care how SJ does after he's given so much to this team over 9 years. This is a guy who played the last half of a season with a herniated disc in his back for a team that won 1 game. The guy who never complained about the losing. Always bought into the new regimes, had the respect of coaches, teammates, and players league wide. And I don't agree with you statement: he "didn't want to be part of the solution, so he left." Really? In 2008 he was frustrated with the Rams because he had clearly emerged as a top back in the league in 2006 & 2007 and they were still paying him shyte money in the final year of his rookie contract. He wanted to commit to the Rams, but he needed a commitment from them. They had just endured a 3-13 season, Isaac had left, coaching staff was on the hot seat. He could have walked after 2008 and gone to a "better" team, but he wanted to see thing through with the Rams, help them reach the glory days again. That's all SJ ever wanted: to be a lifetime Ram and get them to the playoffs again and hoist a Lombardi Trophy once again in STL. He was the consummate pro with one of the greatest work ethics I've ever seen. To say he didn't want to be part of the solution is completely short sited. All SJ ever wanted to be was part of the solution. He wanted to return in 2013, but he also believed he could still be a bell cow in this league. The Rams wanted to get younger and couldn't find the amount of touches SJ wanted or the salary he believed he deserved. Unlike some I will always root for SJ, Ram or not because he has simply earned my respect, love, and trust for everything he did for the St. Louis Rams, it's fans, and the city of St. Louis over 9 years.
I'd give this multiple likes if I could. Very well put. Thanks 24/7

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
upload_2013-11-18_14-57-12.jpeg
upload_2013-11-18_14-57-25.jpeg
4bh6cuq.jpg
tumblr_mddtn2Cjdm1qm9rypo1_r1_1280.jpg