Steven Jackson Released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sorry but you took that quote from him and spun it around saying this is how this is interpreted. I've seen that quote multiple times and never once thought 'wow he's got an ego'. is he supposed to say 'your right guys I'm too old for this crap'. he's not stupid. there are only a couple feature backs left in the NFL he's not looking to hog the ball just cus he wasn't gonna settle for a backseat on the Rans when we had a bunch of nobodies he was suppose to share time with. sticking up for himself and believing he's still good enough to break a thousand yard season doesn't make him egotistical. that's a mind set every NFL player should have especially one who's trying to stay motivated and positive while looking for a new home.

I'm not spinning anything. That quote doesn't convey the idea that Jackson is willing to take a role where he gets 5-6 carries a game but plays on third down. And it was the same way when he was here. We heard for years that Jackson didn't want a HB to share the load with. He felt he was the workhorse.

I'm not attacking Jackson as a player or a person. A lot of these guys have an ego. Torry Holt had an ego. It can drive you to be great. But I don't see Jackson as a guy who will easily accept a part time role even at this point in his career.